IMPORTANT 1.18 Reset

IncorrectIDs

Known Member
Feb 11, 2017
Super excited! Something I've been kinda hinting we should do from a longer time haha, also would I be able to keep my Romeo title since I had it when it was changed from the Elysian title?

Mietm

Cranky Old Lady
Staff member
Admin
May 2, 2018
The Netherlands
Super excited! Something I've been kinda hinting we should do from a longer time haha, also would I be able to keep my Romeo title since I had it when it was changed from the Elysian title?
Unfortunately, no. The titles that will carry on are extremely limited and have already been mentioned (submerged, a new version of submerged possibly, 2020, 2021, store-bought titles)

This does not mean you'll never see them again, it just means you won't start with them.

Clay

Jul 27, 2020
For the longest time I am anti reset, but we need this to bring back the server to its former glory

Jul 10, 2017
This makes me so happy, I hope Maestrea can finally start growing again. I sympathize with the people dreading a restart but you have to realize the main part of gaming is the journey not the destination, and this will attract more players in the long run.

DaRealSalty

Known Member
May 6, 2019
Quick set of questions regarding store purchases being returned after the reset for 1.18, it was my understanding that the only thing that would be returned are donor ranks and all other purchases would not be returned in the event of a wipe. This understanding is because every time in the past few years the topic was brought up players were warned by various staff members that they would only get ranks back in the event of a wipe. I'm mainly wondering what brought about the change on this topic and what steps will be taken to ensure that the potentially thousands of dollars of items some players will receive won't flood these players with significant advantages over others. In summary, players purchased other items with the understanding they would not get them back if there was a reset so what is the reason for the change and how will pay to win be prevented in these circumstances?

ElliotJD

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jan 12, 2019
England
Hey Salty, yes all store purchases will be re-run. I'm not sure where that understanding came from since our stance as Staff has been "we won't reset" for as long as I can remember, only since the Caves+Cliffs talks began was it even considered a possibility and really talked about where things like this were decided. Plus nowhere on our Store does it say anything about purchases only being up to a reset, and I've spoken to a number of players with that exact concern who stated not getting the items back would be extremely problematic for them which I can understand when they spent, as you said, potentially thousands of dollars.

As for balancing, keys/crates are the main issue that have been brought up when people have had these concerns. Our two responses being the contents of crates will likely change to accommodate a fresh economy AND the crates will be unusable for a short period of time after reset so they can't just be flooded day 1, both of these Q&As are listed in our FAQ at the top of this post. As for all other items, sure they'll give some advantage, but as you know the Tungsten items aren't even nearly the strongest items you can get on the server so it'll just be a nice leg up at the start of the game, not the game breaking advantage you seem to be concerned about.

Shoobalou

Known Member
Nov 30, 2017
im kinda glad that its resetting but for things to be better things have to be different then they were. People got bored and didnt want to continue the grand to keep getting relics or titles. There was very little to do when events came along since it felt like reskinned version of last year/last event. I do hope things improve and will come back to play for a bit when thigns reset.

Clay

Jul 27, 2020
After the reset, I think the server must take the necessary steps to prevent it from dying down again in the next few months

ElliotJD

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jan 12, 2019
England
im kinda glad that its resetting but for things to be better things have to be different then they were. People got bored and didnt want to continue the grand to keep getting relics or titles. There was very little to do when events came along since it felt like reskinned version of last year/last event. I do hope things improve and will come back to play for a bit when thigns reset.
For sure, not much has been decided or finalised yet but a number of reworks have been announced related to jobs, brewing and items. That's not necessarily all that will change but it's certainly an indication of a few things that will, as you say not much point having a big reset and then not changing anything!

Dec 21, 2015
I think there should be new things people can spend their money on. I think that is what makes people quit. Once someone becomes rich, they really have nothing else to strive for besides rebirths and titles. Maybe relics but not everyone is into collecting relics.

(Notice: I'm going on things I know from last time I played xD)

Top Bottom