2+ year old perm ban brought over from Elyssia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaibae

Mar 19, 2017
IGN: Skaibae
Reason for Ban: "transfer_Advertising server to be DDOS'd, Leaking Staff Information"
Length of Ban: Permanent; banned on 2016-09-05
Banned by: Micc
Appeal:
Hello, staff of Maestrea. In 2016, I played on the server Elyssia, which you recently merged with. After playing I rose to the rank of Moderator. I enjoyed my time there, and I would hope many others would say that they did as well. I always tried to serve the community as best as I could. However, following certain actions taken by the owner at the time, Micc, which need not be gone over here, I resigned my position, and posted a thread explaining my reasons for leaving, including what I didn't like about the actions taken by Micc. While I had hoped that I could leave the staff team peaceably, and perhaps still play on the server as a member, the thread unfortunately and quickly devolved into a spitting match between myself and Micc. As he addressed my points, he responded in a rather personal way, and seemed to take what I said as personal insults. A few days after I posted the resignation (it may have been longer or shorter - the events took place more than two years ago and so I therefore do not remember all the details) I realized I was banned from the server, on entirely false charges of "Advertising server to be DDOS'd, Leaking Staff Information".
I filed a ban appeal, but this was deleted. A few months later, I posted another ban appeal, on another forums account, for my previous one was having trouble using the forums (slowness loading the page) - this too was deleted without a response. You may wish that I post a link to my resignation thread as well, but, unsurprisingly, this too was deleted. The only record I can find of what was actually said on the page is a post to r/mcservers, where Elyssia was advertised, and former user Crismodin cited my resignation as an example of Micc's lack of professionalism: https://www.reddit.com/r/mcservers/comments/4yq2fg . Note that I do not necessarily agree with everything Crismodin has ever said, nor his way of saying it; I link that post because it is one of the few mentions I can find of my resignation. However, I quote Micc himself in this thread when I say that "Crismodin is a well-known, well-respected member of the community".
My two Elyssia forum accounts, with the ban appeals and my resignation deleted, are here and here. I hope that the first one (for that is the only one I actually used as an account during my time on the server) can serve as a testament to my calmness, friendliness, and lack of bad intentions towards the server during my time there, as well as now.
Regarding the actual charges against me: The charges are entirely false, and I have never seen any proof to support them. I personally would love to see whatever proof Micc has against me, because then we could have a discussion about what I allegedly did. However, neither I nor you, the staff of Maestrea, will ever see such evidence because it doesn't exist. While I don't want to talk poorly about someone for something they did years ago, I believe that Micc claimed I did these things in order to delegitimize the complaints I made against the server, as well as to limit me from being a potential "thorn in his side" in the future. It saddens me that someone would do such a thing to someone who poses no threat, and that they consider slander a viable solution to criticism.
(I would also like to say that, should anyone be able to produce a copy of my resignation thread, I would love to see it as well.)
I am not, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, perfect. I am sorry that I left the Elyssia server as unceremoniously as I did. While I 100% stand by the criticisms I made in my resignation, and will not apologize directly for them, it could have been deemed more professional to give them to Micc privately, as opposed to a public release.
To Micc: I know that I have grown as a person in the last two years. I hope that others would agree with me that I have matured, and that I am more able to respond to insults in a polite way. I hope that you have as well, and that, should we ever meet again, it shall be in a positive environment, where we can be friends, or, at the very least, friendly acquaintances.
To the staff of Maestrea: I know that this appeal might be difficult to process, as it happened so long ago on a server that you had no link to at the time. Furthermore, this could be seen as a "he said, she said" between myself and Micc, where I would probably lose due to Micc's position in the server. I hope that you will consult former and current staff members of Elyssia in making your decision, as well as take a look at my forum account on Elyssia. I am confident that a great majority of those who served on the Elyssia staff team when I did will agree that I have always tried to approach situations with politeness, calmness, and understanding, and that when I failed I owned up to my mistakes.
I thank you for your time in reading and processing this appeal. While I hope I have made it clear in this post that the charges against me are entirely false and created, I accept whatever verdict you come to.

Aze

Administrator
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Sep 27, 2016
Indiana, United States
After discussing this with some staff members who had firsthand knowledge of the situation in question, we've decided that the ban will stay in place.

Appeal denied, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom