Admin stole drops/loot

dddoomsdays

Known Member
Mar 7, 2018
so i killed some dude and was attempted to startr organizing the loot.due to the fact my inventory was full i was trying to manage putting it in chests and killing him because he kept /backing. he later calls an admin in who at first i thought was an ally of his. when i realize its an admin (because he was in creative) i just went back to what i was doing. the admin the decides to decend and pick up the items in 1 area leaving me to to go the next the pick up the rest. he picks up the items in the other location (which most of it) and just went back to flying in the air.

i fairly killed him and yet the mod stole the loot
2020-11-15_22.20.35.png 2020-11-15_22.18.53.png 2020-11-15_22.25.25.png 2020-11-15_22.22.50.png

FracturedDream

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Dec 26, 2018
Hi there Doom! We have indeed looked into what happened here.

First let’s go over the details we agree on: You killed Cram and he used /back to come back several times. At some point he requested help from an admin and Luna came to see what was going on. Cram actually sent her a tpa request (which we did verify) and she came via normal player teleport.

Now the issue: Now at this point, Luna began looking into the situation to see what was happening. All the while you were trying to kill her. Admins are very often in god mode while assisting players to avoid situations exactly like this one. She flew away so she could look at what was happening without constantly being attacked. The items in question were actually put into a holding chest so we could further investigate the situation and ensure there was no rule breaking happening. At no point did Luna attempt to claim these items as her own.

So conclusion: We have investigated Cram's death and found it to be legitimate. The items dropped will be sent to your mailbox and can be claimed with /mailbox claim while on Maestrea. Please do not attack staff who are called to investigate situations. If you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear.

While it is not relevant in this exact case since Luna was not killed, you may want to check rules for info on tp killing just in case. Since you did attack her immediately after a teleport. Tis dangerous ground to be on. (And also means you have nothing to worry about others tp'ing in back up mid fight! Which is a good thing!)

dddoomsdays

Known Member
Mar 7, 2018
"While it is not relevant in this exact case since Luna was not killed, you may want to check rules for info on tp killing just in case. Since you did attack her immediately after a teleport. Tis dangerous ground to be on."

not at all as i had no relation to the tp. let's say for example cram tped a friend of his to me (which i thought he was at first) to kill me are you saying that i would have to sit back and watch as they took the items i rightfully looted. Also, it looks like you`ve miss read the rules as the exact rule goes:

"Tp killing involves teleporting to a player or teleporting someone to you using any tpa command" i did not teleport anyone to me or teleport to a player meaning I couldn`t possibly be in violation of this rule.

"Please do not attack staff who are called to investigate situations"

if I`m not mistaken I was never told why they were there, this is why the first thing I did was attack because I thought he was a friend. and after he picked up everything i constantly asked "why did you pick up the items" to which I got the response of "because i tped here" at no point did I know the specifics of what was going on. how can you possibly say to me "At no point did Luna attempt to claim these items as her own." when at no point did they say what they were doing.

"If you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear."
at no point did i say i feared any official action being taken against me

"(And also means you have nothing to worry about others tp'ing in back up mid-fight! Which is a good thing!) "

again how the rules are written makes it questionable on this side but I can agree it's a valid interpretation, the only issue being that those people can still interact with things that you want(such as loot) meaning i i don`t kill them they can take it and just tp away if I'm` not allowed to kill them even though i didn`t tp them.

FracturedDream

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Dec 26, 2018
You are correct in that there is gray area in the rule. Mostly revolving around "Did you know". In this case, Luna teleported to a player. She teleported, and you knew she had teleported. At that point, yes its a tp kill. Gray area begins when you did *not* know. Because we do not expect players to ask every player whether they teleported here before attacking them. Best course of action is to not attack players you know teleported in. And had Cram teleported in a friend to attack you *they* would be guilty of an attempted tp kill. In that case you are very much encouraged to leave the situation and call for staff. But you are not in trouble as stated above. Just something to be wary of.

I do understand that Luna may not have been talking much to you as she came into a situation that from the onset, looked *very* much like a tp kill. When faced with hostility it is sometimes simpler to call for backup. Which happened in this case and the situation was reviewed.

Either way, this is resolved now. If you did not see above, the items should be in your mailbox! You can use /mailbox claim to get them out when you are next online.

dddoomsdays

Known Member
Mar 7, 2018
i`m saying the gray area comes from them killing me not me killing them. how the rules are written due to the fact that i didn`t actually teleport anyone and i have no relation to the teleport "such as me asking someone to tp someone else" i can`t be guilty of tp killing even if they did die as their tp has no relation to me.

this is furthered by the fact that tp killing rules are in place to stop people trapping and getting an advantage in surprise combat on multiple servers.

"She teleported, and you knew she had teleported"
again my thoughts was that he got up, to pick up his items due to the fact that she was also unarmed which again they did, granted for a different reason than the one i thought. are you saying that it would be 100% ok for me to kill someone and they tp 5 people to them to pick up all the items and i`m not able to do anything about it?

FracturedDream

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Dec 26, 2018
While I understand the confusion, it does still stand that here knowledge of the teleport can still get you linked to a tp kill. It's a messy situation in many cases and not something that can be summed up in easy to read rules. You are not in trouble. But it is something to be aware of.

As for the other scenario, feel free to make suggestions in the suggestions forum but there are no rules regarding picking the items up at this time. Only if scamming becomes involved would that come into question currently.

Top Bottom