IMPORTANT An Unwanted Beginning

CsoiSauce

May 21, 2016
Hi Maestreans, we have some upsetting news.

When we did the server transfer we came to the unfortunate realization that our hourly backups have been crashing due to a rate limit we did not know about.
The database somehow got wiped, and we have no backups. This was in no way intentional and was a mix of several things going wrong at the same time.

This means: Jobs, LWC, Achievements, McMMO, Ranks (Donor and in-game), Permissions, Titles you've used & Towny data (Towns, residents, plots) has been deleted. Even on Skyblock.
What wasn't deleted: The world, items(inventories, backpacks, enderchests), Skyblock islands and challenges.

While we were determining our options we found that a hard reset would have to happen in the future to update to 1.13. More information about this can be found here.

We also found that the cons outweighed the pros on keeping the world. Essentially the server would become a grief fest with anyone being able to take anything from any town they had a home in.

What we'll be doing:
  • All purchased donor ranks and perks will be redistributed.
  • Architect, Headless, & Bartender will be given back to those that have won those competitions.
  • Allow people to visit the 1.12.2 world in spectator mode to retrieve schematics of their builds.
  • Rebalancing Relics & Jobs
  • Fixing Lag Issues
  • Skyblock ranks will be refunded upon supplying admins with logs of ranking up.
  • Fix skyblock issues
  • A buffed starter kit will be given to anyone joining the server in the first two week.
  • Giving the Submerged title to those who joined prior to July 24th (post here).
What we have done:
  • Restored lost permissions to most ranks
  • Updated to 1.13

We deeply apologize for the work that has been lost, and that we weren't careful enough regarding the move.
We know we've always told you guys that a reset would NEVER happen, and this goes against that promise in all ways.
We're sorry for all the time spent going to waste and not letting you guys know any sooner.

The plans are to get the permissions and groups setup allowing you guys to join the hub, Skyblock and creative till we fix plugin issues for 1.13.
We're hoping this will take as little time as possible, but the ETA will probably be at least after next Monday the 30th July.

TL;DR: Towny is being 100% reset. New map, cleared inventories, backpacks, enderchests, ranks. Donation ranks are remaining. Old map can still be accessed to schematica builds or use WorldDownloader.

Lunatriuscore: LunatriusCore
Schematica: Schematica
Forge: http://files.minecraftforge.net/

If you need help with using the mod, feel free to contact myself or another person willing to help!

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2017
Any way you could have some build World Edited into the new world? I have a big project which I've been working on for a year and I would hate to be forced to put down every single block again...

NoxCorvus

Known Member
May 13, 2016
Do you require proof of past donator ranks or do you guys still have records on who had what rank? Asking in case I'll be needing some logs

CsoiSauce

May 21, 2016
Any way you could have some build World Edited into the new world? I have a big project which I've been working on for a year and I would hate to be forced to put down every single block again...
Sorry, we decided that it would give people an unfair advantage if we were to WorldEdit builds in to the new world. Additionally, it would be a huuuge load on the staff.

So far, I've clocked around 14 hours yesterday and 9 hours today setting up permissions alone.

CsoiSauce

May 21, 2016
Do you require proof of past donator ranks or do you guys still have records on who had what rank? Asking in case I'll be needing some logs
We will be rerunning BuyCraft purchases; we still have logs within our Buycraft :D

Jul 3, 2017
…..
I got no reason to not say that im sobbing a lot right now..
All the loss...
I can't prove everything that i got..

Im sorry..
I just.. Need a moment...
This is a bit heavy..

CsoiSauce

May 21, 2016
…..
I got no reason to not say that im sobbing a lot right now..
All the loss...
I can't prove everything that i got..

Im sorry..
I just.. Need a moment...
This is a bit heavy..
At first, it's very sad. But when you think about it, it's kinda nice knowing that people have been working very hard to get the server up and make sure everyone is happy!

Dec 23, 2017
man, that's a total shame... i can't really think of anything that could make this positive, but i hope that we can all have a good fresh start at least? (even though i'm trying to be a bit positive my stomach dropped when i read this and i feel like i might cry a bit)

Jul 18, 2018
You know I am saddened by this. But honestly I am not mad. I am very thankful for this server you all are good people. I know I haven't been here for long but i have been here long enough to know that I will defiantly be here until you all ban me from the server. (hopefully that never happens) I love it here. I know that the town I am in members will be returning. We will just make a newer and better town! You all are great and I appreciate everything the staff have done. Thank you for letting us know! Can't wait for the new server! Hope its up soon. Cause I am slowly loosing my mind without you guys! lol
<3 Kathy

CsoiSauce

May 21, 2016
man, that's a total shame... i can't really think of anything that could make this positive, but i hope that we can all have a good fresh start at least? (even though i'm trying to be a bit positive my stomach dropped when i read this and i feel like i might cry a bit)

Yes, it's very sad. Luckily, the Content team & staff team are working extremely hard to get everything up and running.

I'm actually very excited, and I'm happy that we can provide the 1.12.2 world for people to get their builds schematica'd :)

X_Storm

Nov 19, 2016
SeaWorld ;)
Well, shit happens..

@CsoiSauce what about buy town claim's, my town had 1150 of them, however not all bought by me, that will no longer be able to get, but that is 140+ residents what also will not be able to get if something then those 1150 claim I would like to get back to my town.

Jul 26, 2017
Classified
www.classified.com
3 things.

1.) I’m so sorry for everyone. I know how much was lost. Hell, I lost all 56 books that were in the Erebor Library. All that knowledge, gone. I hope I can help everyone move forward, and I hope others will do the same. I’ll be rebuilding the library, bigger and better than ever- if you need a distraction, come write or build.

2.) If proof of title ownership is submitted, can titles be retrieved?

3.) Is there any way at all I can get those 56 books back? They might not look like much, but it’s 56 books worth of players and the server and history and everything I spent a year collecting. Any way at all?

CsoiSauce

May 21, 2016
Well, shit happens..

@CsoiSauce what about buy town claim's, my town had 1150 of them, however not all bought by me, that will no longer be able to get, but that is 140+ residents what also will not be able to get if something then those 1150 claim I would like to get back to my town.
Town claims will be added back, unfortunately it will only be the claims you purchased, but if your 40+ residents that donated for those claims want to re-add them to your town they can! :)

CsoiSauce

May 21, 2016
3 things.

1.) I’m so sorry for everyone. I know how much was lost. Hell, I lost all 56 books that were in the Erebor Library. All that knowledge, gone. I hope I can help everyone move forward, and I hope others will do the same. I’ll be rebuilding the library, bigger and better than ever- if you need a distraction, come write or build.

2.) If proof of title ownership is submitted, can titles be retrieved?

3.) Is there any way at all I can get those 56 books back? They might not look like much, but it’s 56 books worth of players and the server and history and everything I spent a year collecting. Any way at all?
2.) No, we will not be refunding titles nor In-Game ranks.
3.) Sorry, we can't :(. However, with enough materials myself and the staff team can write 57 random books for your library!

Sep 11, 2017
I bought claims for DyrpiDyrpi since Tran's claim issue was never resolved. Do I get a refund for the $70 that is now wasted?

X_Storm

Nov 19, 2016
SeaWorld ;)
Town claims will be added back, unfortunately it will only be the claims you purchased, but if your 40+ residents that donated for those claims want to re-add them to your town they can! :)
Well, I'm glad to hear that, if possible please do like a note or something so we can use them when we establish a town, it can be I will join someone's town to get some start push...

Jul 26, 2017
Classified
www.classified.com
2.) No, we will not be refunding titles nor In-Game ranks.
3.) Sorry, we can't :(
Bloody hell. Well, I meant what I said and I said what I meant- now's the prefect time for a library if you think about it. The world is fresh and new, and books are being written, not found or hidden away in dusty remnants of towns. If anyone needs anything at all, I'm here. If you wanna talk or just write or help build, tpa. After all, you'll be helping write history.

Jan 27, 2017
Sorry, we decided that it would give people an unfair advantage if we were to WorldEdit builds in to the new world. Additionally, it would be a huuuge load on the staff.

So far, I've clocked around 14 hours yesterday and 9 hours today setting up permissions alone.
No advantage in a build? There's no money, no items... Just blocks...
-Nevermind, don't mean to disrespect your works with permissions, I know what a bitch they are-

CsoiSauce

May 21, 2016
I bought claims for DyrpiDyrpi since Tran's claim issue was never resolved. Do I get a refund for the $70 that is now wasted?
All is not lost, you will still get your towny claims back if you choose to create a town :)

Top Bottom