Not open for further replies.

Cyram

Jun 6, 2019
IGN: SenpaiCyram

Ban reason: Bug abusing

Day i got banned: 2019-06-05

Staff who banned me: xtelita

Ban lenght: permanent

Hello, i got banned for bug abusing even though i wasn't. A friend of mine (MCFan77) found a bug which would let you rent a shop on the elyssian market and still get the items from the chests there. However I didn't abused this bug. The only shop i unrented and rented was my own shop (atp 4). I was already owning this shop before MCFan77 told me about that bug. I only unrented my shop because I thought that i don't need it, however I rented it again because having a shop would be better for me selling different items (most of the shops I'm selling my items don't have enough money in their shop bank / are inactive). MCFan77 told me that he would give me $15.000 when I rent a certain shop (which I didn't) and give him all the items from the chests. However i ignored his offer.

I would attach proof of me writing with him but I don't have access to my chat log / I don't know how to get it.

I would be pleased to get unbanned or atleast see evidence of me abusing this bug.

Greetings,
Cyram

Last edited:

Cyram

Jun 6, 2019
I've marked the important messages. In the first Screenshot you can see MCFan77 telling me to hop on market to show me this bug. On the second Screenshot you can see Aediex basically saying that it's a bug. And in the third Screenshot you can see MCFan77 trying to persuade me to rent a shop and me unrenting my shop and rerenting it.

I hope these Screenshots are proof enough.

And thanks to Zaidebot for telling me how to look up my chat logs.

Attachments

MCFan77

Jun 6, 2019
I can confirm, he was just renting his shop and did not partake in this bug. I didn't know it was a bug at the time and I thought it was normal.

x7Howl7x

Community Manager
Staff member
Content Member
Community Manager
Jun 15, 2017
Hi, thank you for taking the time to make an appeal.

I'd like to apologize for the delayed response, Xtel has been very busy and I offered to help with this appeal, however, became otherwise engaged with server and RL responsibilities myself and it slipped my mind. That is indeed on me.

I've looked through the logs thoroughly and I can see clearly why Xtel issued your ban, you were scouting shops with/for your friend MCfan77, provided them money (that they used to abuse the bug with) and knew directly that they were abusing a very dubious exploit, yet, took no proper steps to report them for doing such. This fully merited the ban. However, other than this offense, you seemed to enjoy playing on elyssia, seemed to be a rather constructive member of the community and I can understand not wanting to report your friend (Does not make it any less wrong)

Given your time spent banned (roughly one month) I'll be unbanning you. Please, if you discover anymore bugs, or are made aware of any bugs, report them instantly and directly to a moderation level staff member. Appeal accepted.

Last edited:

x7Howl7x

Community Manager
Staff member
Content Member
Community Manager
Jun 15, 2017
I can confirm, he was just renting his shop and did not partake in this bug. I didn't know it was a bug at the time and I thought it was normal.
I'll go ahead and cover your appeal here as well. Screenshot (7796).png
You knew fully it was an exploit and then, attempted to solicit a staff member to help you abuse it. You're not getting unbanned. Appeal denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom