Not open for further replies.

Entrancing

Feb 29, 2020
Hi there staff team,
IGN: Entrancing
Reason for ban: Xray
Length of ban: 7days
Appeal:
I guess I'm not sure where the ban came from. I was banned 18-24 hours after I was logged off, so that leads me to believe I was banned due to the tunnels I left behind somewhere.
Now, this is problematic if this is the case, since the tunnels I dug have clear reason.

If this is a tunnel dug in a mine, the cause of sudden, abrupt changes in direction is because I use Excavation II and Drill III which leaves me running weird patterns due to the two Enchants conflicting with eachother, and resulting in broken pathways if you try digging straight. I do certainly understand that I got a lot of diamonds in the past couple days.

If this is due to me digging straight down right at a base or a spawner, this was due to 1 of a couple different situations, depending on the situation.
1.The base owner leaving items on the floor which resulted in the current Entities on the F3 screen to suddenly increase.
2. Water source blocks breaking torches/rails, which increases the total item entities (Torches/Railways get broken as you generate new terrain, which allows you to locate mineshafts, which is why I have only found Spider Spawners recently)
3. The base owner not lighting properly, allowing mobs to spawn, which you can follow the name tag of special mobs.

When using entities, you essentially use triangulation and the Pythagorean theroem to figure out the direction of which the entities are located with an error rate of like 2 blocks. If you notice straight paths down, and then a sudden change in direction, this is because I dug straight down until the entities disappeared from the F3 screen, which tells me that I just hit the exact Y level that the items are located, and then by turning my mouse, I can narrow down (process of elimination), which direction to dig to.
IF you find all the holes I dig, you will quickly notice that any time I dug, it was because there was some entity spawning or an item sitting there.
Othertimes, mobs spawn naturally in the caves, and that leads me somewhere (usually you can see the name through blocks). You can track empty cave systems by following where a majority of mobs spawn in the F3 screen, which allows you to simply dig straight to where an entity was, kill it, find the next entity. This is how someone could locate spawners or even other bases (depending if its a town/properly lit).

I will take this time to apologize for wasting the Staffs time and efforts. I apologize for looking shady. I have nothing but love for the staff team and Maestra, and the last thing I wanted to do was make your job harder.
Also, I apologize to the person's base that I likely raided with this method, if that was the case.

FracturedDream

Staff member
Content Member
Dec 26, 2018
Hey there! Thanks for making an appeal.
So let's talk about entities for a sec. You are correct in that entities can be quite helpful to help find hidden bases. Unfortunately they are not terribly helpful with spawners. Mobs do not spawn from spawners outside of a 16 block radius of a player. They will in fact despawn if no one is around. While you can see named mobs through blocks, spawners will not have tons of additional entities around them unless you are within 16 blocks (at which point you can also hear them). You're actually far more likely to end up in a ton of random caves if you mine down every time the entity count detects a mob. While you could find mine shafts with entities as well, you're far more likely to end up in the middle of one than near a spawner since the mine shafts are so big and have so many entities. So let's take a look at a few examples that caused some issues:

For complete transparency, here is what the entity count looks like as you fly over.
entity1.png

Now even with other chunks nearby with more entities (from the mine shaft) you somehow mined directly into an area with 2 spawners that were too far away to have any mobs spawned.
tunnel1.png

Again, the entity count as you fly over.
entity2.png

And you mined directly to the spawner that was too far away to have mobs spawned at it.
tunnel2.png

Entity count:
entity3.png

And you mined directly to the spawner despite other chunks having more entities. Again spawner was too far away to have mobs.
tunnel3.png

Entity Count:
entity4.png

And directly to the spawner.
tunnel4.png

Please note that in every example above you did not mine around looking for the spawner. You didn't even mine into the chunk with the most entities to find the spawners. You mined directly to spawners that were too far away to have mobs spawned at them. Entity count around these spawners is not different from any other chunk until you are within 16 blocks of them to start mobs spawning. There is no indication that there is a spawner in these locations until you are within 16 blocks. Yet in each case you mined directly to them ignoring the surrounding chunks.

So all that said, would you care to try explaining again?

Entrancing

Feb 29, 2020
Hey there! Thanks for making an appeal.
So let's talk about entities for a sec. You are correct in that entities can be quite helpful to help find hidden bases. Unfortunately they are not terribly helpful with spawners. Mobs do not spawn from spawners outside of a 16 block radius of a player. They will in fact despawn if no one is around. While you can see named mobs through blocks, spawners will not have tons of additional entities around them unless you are within 16 blocks (at which point you can also hear them). You're actually far more likely to end up in a ton of random caves if you mine down every time the entity count detects a mob. While you could find mine shafts with entities as well, you're far more likely to end up in the middle of one than near a spawner since the mine shafts are so big and have so many entities. So let's take a look at a few examples that caused some issues:

For complete transparency, here is what the entity count looks like as you fly over.
View attachment 6465

Now even with other chunks nearby with more entities (from the mine shaft) you somehow mined directly into an area with 2 spawners that were too far away to have any mobs spawned.
View attachment 6472

Again, the entity count as you fly over.
View attachment 6466

And you mined directly to the spawner that was too far away to have mobs spawned at it.
View attachment 6467

Entity count:
View attachment 6468

And you mined directly to the spawner despite other chunks having more entities. Again spawner was too far away to have mobs.
View attachment 6469

Entity Count:
View attachment 6470

And directly to the spawner.
View attachment 6471

Please note that in every example above you did not mine around looking for the spawner. You didn't even mine into the chunk with the most entities to find the spawners. You mined directly to spawners that were too far away to have mobs spawned at them. Entity count around these spawners is not different from any other chunk until you are within 16 blocks of them to start mobs spawning. There is no indication that there is a spawner in these locations until you are within 16 blocks. Yet in each case you mined directly to them ignoring the surrounding chunks.

So all that said, would you care to try explaining again?

Your explanation surely explains mobs. In both those cases there were item drops nearby where I was digging that led me to both areas. I dug straight down over what ended up being broken torches, and immediately knew there would be spider spawners in a very close radius. The one where I dug straight into a zombie area, the location is near the surface and mobs spawned in the single room, and I got lucky with where I dug down. In each location, if you look around, I'm sure there are spawners I missed because I couldn't abuse entities. (Items AND mobs).

This is the reason I found more spider spawners than anything else, because mine shafts have broken items.

I can tell your mind is made up, regardless. So thank you for your time

FracturedDream

Staff member
Content Member
Dec 26, 2018
Unfortunately your explanation does not add up. I counted how many blocks there were broken to get to each spawner. Even the zombie spawner near the surface was too far away for mobs while you were standing above it. Were you following broken torches you would have dug all over in mineshafts. Your pattern of digging directly to spawners and no where else is not entity tracking. There are no extra entities to track from that far away.

I hope you'll take the time remaining on your ban to review our rules and ensure that when you return there are no further issues. We do hope to see you again once the ban expires.

Appeal Denied.
Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom