- Mar 11, 2016
This post is intended to be an encyclopedia of brewing knowledge, condensing everything that is known across all forums and bukkit posts. I will be maintaining and updating the post as the plug-in evolves.The somewhat difficult brewing process rewards you with a diversity of Potions, which, through their effects, create a drunkenness that has never existed on Maestrea before.
Learn the art of brewing through fermenting, distilling and barrel aging on Maestrea. Experience how, from spring water and wheat, through hard work, a cool beer is created. Distill high-proof liquor, which gets that unique taste after some aging in oak barrels. Celebrate the biggest feasts you can imagine and always keep the cheerful atmosphere. Fill the taverns with laughter and loud music, while the drunkards scuffle on the streets.
- Brew alcoholic Drinks, that actually can make you drunk
- Drunk people will stagger, the chat is influenced, effects and more
- Wake up at /home after a long night of drinking
- Lower quality brewed drinks have downsides like hangover
- Process of brewing with different steps like fermenting, distilling, aging
- Refine the quality, until the Drinks are perfect
- Master the brewing of even the most difficult Drinks
Depending on the recipe, some steps may not be needed (if a step is not listed in the recipe, it is not required for the brew) The following instruction describes the common procedure of brewing.
Step one consists of fermenting the fresh Ingredients.
- Place cauldron over a heat source (fire of some sort)
- Fill the cauldron with water
- Add ingredients with a rightclick **Some ingredients require special placement for the cauldron to accept them. Check the list of bugs at the bottom of this post.**
- Wait while they ferment
- Fill in glass bottles
- Put the bottle with fermented brew into the brewing stand
- Put glowstone dust as filter on top into the brewing stand (the filter will not be consumed)
A barrel is needed for aging. It can be built two ways:
- Small barrel
8 Wooden stairs built like this:
Place a sign on the lower right side and write "Barrel" in the top line:
Message "Barrel created" should appear
- Big barrel
4 fence, 16 wooden stairs, 18 wood planks built like this (can be hollow inside):
Attach a spigot (fence) and a sign that has "Barrel" written on the first Line:
Message "barrel created" should appear
You may remove the sign from the big barrel after creating it. The sign MUST REMAIN on the small barrel though.
Put the bottles into the barrels for aging.
Depending on the recipe the type of wood used may alter the quality of the aged brew.
The barrel should not be destroyed while aging, as it would leak after a short while.
When breaking the spigot, everything inside will spill out.
The amount of alcohol inside the brew will be applied to the player when drinking. Depending on the quality of it, that may have different effects.
- The Player may not be able to walk normally anymore, he will weave, making it almost impossible to walk straight
- Effects like Blindness, Confusion, Poison etc. occur
- The chat will be altered depending on drunkeness, many things players write may be incomprehensible, sometimes it seems senseless (this feature is currently disabled until it can be configured properly)
- If the alcohol is particularly strong, it may have poisonous effects
- After drinking a lot, there is a chance of vomiting
- When logging off, the player may have difficulties reaching his character, thus some loggins shortly after may be denied
- After overdrinking the player may faint (Disconnect)
After drinking it takes a while until the alcohol is completely gone. During that time the alcohol level is steadily decreasing. It can be decreased by consuming milk or bread as well.
- When logging off extremely drunk, it may happen that, if the player logs back in after a while, he may find himself at an completely unknown place in the middle of nowhere having no idea how he got there.
- But if he logs back in after some hours or next morning, he will find himself at /home, again without any memories.
- Also if the alcohol was not of best quality, the player may face some bad type of hangover (slowness and hunger).
- If a step is missing in the recipe, then it is not required (ex. No age listed = no aging required) Tea’s typically have no alcohol, beers a little and spirits a lot.
- ALWAYS click the side of the cauldron when putting ingredients in. Clicking the water may place the block on top of the cauldron, or just not allow it to be placed at all.
- Higher difficulty brews require PRECISION on ALL parts. You must cook the exact amount of ingredients the exact amount of time and age them exactly according to the recipe. A few seconds can make all the difference between a good quality brew and an excellent quality brew.
- Some items must be mined with silk touch or with sheers. Grass for example refers to grass clipped with shears, while a grass block refers to the actual block.
- No two brews are the same, even from the same batch. As such, potions can only be sold one at a time in /auction. The length of buffs/debuffs can also differ from potion to potion, even from the same batch, so be sure to experiment!
- Every brew has 3 stages of "quality" based on how strict the recipe was followed and how difficult the recipe is to create... Will you be able to brew the perfect drinks?
- Recipes will be added/edited and removed on a regular basis, so check back often! New recipes will be posted in BOLD RED until the next batch of recipes is released. Be sure to check all the sections (regular, mystery, etc...)
*Recipes are subject to change due to bugs in the plug-in. If you have any bugs to report, or recipes to suggest, please do so in this thread only.