Barrels and Beer: A Complete Guide to Brewing (with recipes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2016
I discovered a bug/quirk with the plugin that might be good to include in the tutorial:

When creating a small barrel, you can NOT have any wood planks or wood steps directly next to (either side) or in front of the barrel's sign. Doing so will confuse the plugin when it tries to determine the barrel's wood type even if the wood is of the same type. (As a bit of speculation, the same almost certainly holds true for a large barrel's spigot; don't go placing blocks too close to it.)

Simply put: Don't place your barrels too close to each other, and don't put them too close to any wooden structures. Give them room to breathe!

I've attached an image that shows an example of what NOT to do. The wooden block to the right of the sign confuses the plugin, and causes the wood's type to be set to "None".

Attachments

Mar 11, 2016
A new update has been released for the brewery plugin that addressed a rather large bug. Certain items no longer require a special block to be in front of the cauldron! This means you can put mushrooms and cactus in the cauldron without having to put podzol or sand in front of the cauldron!

Another new feature is that we can specify the length of time it takes for each distill run. The default is set at 40 seconds, which is twice as long as it was in the past. So I believe that all current recipes will default to that length, as there was no setting for it. Going forward though, all brews will have different distill times, so keep an eye out!

It also appears that Large Barrels have been fixed, and will no longer give the wrong woodtype sometimes. Let me know if you guys find out differently!

Mar 11, 2016
All the hints are in the names of the drinks.

RedmanMC5

Aug 26, 2016
Once the drinks are removed as said they are seasonal. Does that mean they will no longer be valid either as in say, in 1 year, will I still be able to use it as it was

Calski

Jul 22, 2016
Drink recipes are added seasonally or were at the time, they won't be removed I don't think (Zestive would quit)

Calski

Jul 22, 2016
That is correct yes.

Zestive

Known Member
Apr 25, 2016
Canada
Drink recipes are added seasonally or were at the time, they won't be removed I don't think (Zestive would quit)
Let it be know I would never quit over such a simple matter. I was looking forward for these drinks to be rotated out for the next batch of seasonal brews. Turbidcontention has not be on for a few weeks so I am unsure as of the fate for the seasonal drinks, and the plans for the brewing mod in general.

batushiro

Known Member
Sep 12, 2016
Is the age time the minimum days required to have a good brew?
For instance is a 43-year aged wheat beer better than a 3 year aged one or vica versa

Zestive

Known Member
Apr 25, 2016
Canada
Is the age time the minimum days required to have a good brew?
For instance is a 43-year aged wheat beer better than a 3 year aged one or vica versa
Every drink has an ideal age. The recipe shows what that age is going past that age will lower the grade most of the time. When you age you should aim to be spot on for the age given in the recipe.

Scythe578

Devoted Member
Content Member
Nov 11, 2015
They are being worked on, the old brew dev kinda left so we're trying to learn the plugin.

Zestive

Known Member
Apr 25, 2016
Canada
They are being worked on, the old brew dev kinda left so we're trying to learn the plugin.
Glad to here you have something in the works. I will be looking forward to see what ideas you come up with.

Jazilla79

May 28, 2016
US
So I am just looking into starting to brew. Is this tut still accurate. I know the brews will not be but the first post on the basics is what I am wondering about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom