BCrule's Helper Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCrule

Staff member
Helper
Oct 11, 2018

In-game name: BCrule
in-game Rank(use /rank): Prestige 1, Mythic.
Playtime(use /rank): 564h
Do you have discord? (if yes, include your name): BCrule#4482
Timezone/country: Eastern Standard Time, USA.
Earlier punishments(warns, bans, on other servers or here, if any): Though my memory on this is a tad hazy as I've been on the server for almost two years, I don't believe I've ever been dealt a punishment, maybe a Warn for Caps very early on, but you may want to confirm that if there's logs for that far back.

Why we should pick you: First off. Hello! Some of you may know me a bit in game. I've played on Maestrea for almost two years now and still having fun! I've very much enjoyed developing my town with my town's Mayor recently and conversing with various people, answering questions, solving miscellaneous problems, stuff like that! I've familiarized myself with all the commands, warps, and things like that over my time on Maestrea naturally and through generally wanting to know more about Maestrea and also to assist more people. I have had many past experiences with Staffing on several servers. #1: Back in 2015 I became a Moderator for a very small Towny server, my responsibilities consisted of warning, muting, kicking, rolling back griefed land, and staying active on the Forums. Unfortunately the server was sold to another party a few months after that. #2: I was Moderator for about 3 months on another decently sized Towny server back in 2016-2017, my responsibilities consisted of warning, clearing chat whenever there were Advertising Spammers, muting, kicking, staying active on the Forums, replying to incoming Staff Applications, and keeping up to date with the Discord's Staff Chat. This server went down shortly after I had resigned from that server as I noticed it was rapidly going downhill, however around 6 months later it was revived and was up for another few months, then went down again, and just recently infact the server went back up again, and as far as I know is going right now. #3: I was a Helper and Multi-Gym Leader for a relatively large Pixelmon Server back in early 2017, my responsibilities consisted of warning, kicking, muting, replying and rating incoming Staff Applications, taking any and all Gym challenges from players whenever I was online, joining TS calls to talk server development and brainstorm ideas for certain situations that were happening currently, and co-hosting small events. A good bit after becoming a Helper and Gym Leader, I resigned in December due to various things happening in my life that limited the time I could dedicated to the server that I believed it deserved. #4 My most recent Staffing job was with a decently large Prison server as a Helper, most of my responsibilities were very generic, but the chat was typically pretty toxic, so it was hard to manage but I did my best, warning, kicking, reporting violations of rules to the higher-ups (had no permission to mute or ban), replying to incoming Staff Applications and giving a +1/-1, and memorizing all of their Staff Template and abiding by it completely. I resigned about 4 months after I got the job, and I believe the server had reset on their main gamemode shortly after I had left, and that server is still up right now as far as I know. (Note: I can verify most of these listed server's IP's if needed, but some I do not remember or they do not exist anymore).

The main reason I listed all of my past Staffing experiences and encounters was to show that I am used to many punishment plugins and how most common commands work, and have already learned exactly how to behave as a Staff member and how to enhance everybody's Towny, or Dungeons experience to the fullest. I enjoy assisting people in whatever it may be (as long as it's not an unreasonable ask, such as giving large amounts of money for no reason). Now of course, past Staffing experience doesn't mean a whole ton as every server is unique and Maestrea is no exception, it will take time to learn all there is to learn about all of the commands, plugins, rules, etc. I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to the Maestrean Staff Team and could genuinely make Maestrea a more enjoyable and engaging experience overall for all players. I can't say I would know more than the next Staff member, this isn't a competition, but I can promise that I will work my absolute hardest to aspire to be the greatest version of me possible and sacrifice for Maestrea, whether I become Helper or not.

(This post was too large to post all at once, read the first comment to see the rest).

Last edited:

BCrule

Staff member
Helper
Oct 11, 2018
What would you do, if someone was

- Advertising another server: If the IP is only posted once, I would immediately notify the advertiser that advertising is strictly against the rules and warn them, if the extremity is worse whereas an advertiser spams an IP or posts it more than once, I would likely instantly mute, and notify a higher-up staff member to give the appropriate full punishment, again the way I would deal with it really varies from case-to-case. As a Moderator+ I would warn said advertiser if the IP is posted once like I said before, but if the extremity was worse I would likely ban the player in question.

- Swearing extensively: Swearing purely for the sake of swearing I believe isn't that huge of an issue, swearing AT somebody is entirely different, especially if it's insulting/demeaning at all. If Player A is conversing with Player B, and Player B starts casually swearing in a controlled manor and both Players are seemingly okay with it, then I see no issue with that, however if any other Player that may read their conversation that includes swearing like that, and says they are being bother by it, or are offended by it, then I would verbally advise Player B to tone it down, if they were to continue to swear in the same manor depending on extremity I would either warn them, mute them, or in a very extreme case ban them. Now if somebody is swearing consistently purely for the sake of swearing excessively and to disrupt the chat, I would like instantly mute them.

- Auction Scamming/Boosting: I would likely tell the auctioneer to cancel the auction if it is a scam auction if possible, and if it's too late to cancel and a player has already bid and they win the counterfeit item, I would tell the auctioneer to refund that player, and have the player return the item, if the auctioneer refuses to cooperate I would report the situation to higher-ups so they can evaluate the situation and deal with it appropriately. Regarding boosting I would tell the booster in question to stop doing it, and if they continue to do it in the same auction or following auctions, I would warn them and potentially notify another Staff member to give their take and potentially deal a punishment after that, whether it'd be from me or from another Staff Member.

- Spamming: Spamming the same message over and over just for the sake of spamming I would either warn depending on the extremity but most likely would mute them. If somebody is avoiding chats filter I would do the same thing, depending on extremity would warn them but most likely would mute them if the violation is repeated. Essentially form of spam I would handle the same way, judge and evaluate the extremity and punish accordingly, and get another Staff member's take or assistance on cases where I think it needs it.

- Asking for help: As somebody who sees many people asking for help, assistance, advice, or anything like that, I am personally inclined to help everybody and anybody with anything I can possible, if somebody posts a question that I do not know the answer to, I will ask a fellow Staff member if they have an answer, and I would get back to the person who asked the question, there are always things to learn every day about Maestrea and I will strive to learn everything I can to help everybody, and strive to not have any situations where I don't have an answer to a question that someone may have. Helping people I believe is one of the most important parts of being on the Staff team, and I intend to make this my main focus and will practice and educate myself to the best of my abilities about everything there is to know, whether I am part of the Staff team or not.

- Arguing about religion/politics or another controversial subject: Now as touchy as these situations can get, it's extremely easy for these kind of situations to go from 0 to 100 in a heartbeat, I believe in most situations verbal warnings would not be effective enough at halting a brewing sensitive topic, and depending on how fast the topic is developing. I would verbally warn all people involved and tell them to halt all things regarding the topic immediately, as well as anybody new to the topic that may chime in after, if anybody after my warning continues the topic after clearly seeing my warning, said offenders will likely get a short mute, and if the topic is escalating even after mute(s) by other people who come in to continue said topic or even bring up another touchy topic, I would mute those people for a longer time as they saw the previous people were told to stop already and proceeded to continue disrupting chat further. In uncommon cases where somebody has repeated to bring up and continue controversial topics after already being muted, verbally or physically warned, I would likely ask a Moderator+ to give a short ban to the offender for all of the repeated offenses, or even a permanent ban to a very extreme case.

- Tp-killed: Now I'm not sure what kind of tools Staff members have to handle these situations, but assuming I have what I have now as a regular player to help me, I would find all the players involved in the situation and ask in detail what happened, and do my best to figure out what would be the best way to fix the situation, but I would likely contact a Moderator+ to find TP logs (if that's possible) between every player involved around the time of the killing, and deduct who the offender(s) were, and deal appropriate punishment as I see fit and try to get the person killed's items back that they lost.

Thanks so much for reading! It probably took you a while, haha. If any of you happen to have any further questions about me or this application please PM me on Discord, or in game and I'll be happy to answer them! Once again thank you to all Staff members who may read this and consider me, means a lot!

Have a great rest of your day! -BC

Last edited:

Takanderfh

Mod
Staff member
Content Member
Overseer
Dec 12, 2016
United Kingdom
Application approved, welcome to the team!
Contact an Admin+ to begin your promotion process :)

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom