BenLW Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2020
IGN: BenLW
Reason for ban: Abuse of glitch to illegally raid
Length of ban: Permanent

Appeal: First off, if I could get some clarification to what I got banned for specifically that would be great! I'm an active member of the Maestrea community and have spent many hours on the server. I have gotten banned once before, but it was a false ban so this would be my actual first ban. If there was an issue regarding a raid I initiated, I would be more than happy to return the items to the owner, but I really don't remember doing anything that would be considered glitch abusing. I logged on today to continue building my library and saw this ban pop up on my screen, and considering the amount of time I put into this server, I was crushed to see that all my work and efforts were met with this.
Thanks,
BenLW

Proof(If needed):

Mietm

Cranky Old Lady
Staff member
Admin
May 2, 2018
The Netherlands
Hi there, Ben!

As you may or may not be aware, we use towny as a means for players to set up items in relative safety. You have, for a period of at least three months (and likely for much, much longer) been abusing mechanics to bypass town locks and permissions to take items that otherwise would have been protected. You did this without ever once reporting what you were doing to staff.

The number of items you have taken and subsequently auctioned is substantial. Would you care to address this?

Jul 26, 2020
Hi Mietm, can I please have some examples as I only remember taking items from chests that are in the wild. Not sure if you meant taking items from Towny protected areas (which I never did) or if you mean something else? Thanks

Mietm

Cranky Old Lady
Staff member
Admin
May 2, 2018
The Netherlands
The most recent incident you took items belonging to Moondom within the town borders of Lunar. The incident before that, you took items belonging to Juno_MacGuff from within the town borders of Vlandia.

Jul 26, 2020
Ok, just to clarify, I am not allowed to take items from wilderness areas inside of a town? I remember both of those incidents but I wasn't aware that I couldn't take items from wilderness areas inside of town boundaries.

Jul 26, 2020
They both had warps on them, and at the time that I took the items both areas were unclaimed. They might have been claimed once they realized that they were wilderness, but I can assure you that both of the areas were unclaimed at the time that I took items from them. I have never taken items directly from town claimed land.

Mietm

Cranky Old Lady
Staff member
Admin
May 2, 2018
The Netherlands
Unfortunately, your recollection differs with the logs on the server. The means of how you accessed these chests is the bug, the areas were not unclaimed and if you cannot be honest with us we have no choice but to deny your appeal at this time.

This is will now have to be a learning opportunity for you to consider if your method in taking items is legitimate use of mechanics or is potentially a bug and bypassing the intended functions. Should your appeal be accepted in the future, I highly recommend regular use of /t here.

Appeal denied, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom