[Contest/Info] Name that World Boss! (Also World Boss event info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankdest22

Known Member
Content Member
Jun 29, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
Some of you may know that I am working on a major ground breaking update known as the Better Dungeons update and a new World Boss event is going to be added as part of this update. Before we get to the contest please read up about how the World Boss event will work below:

How it works:

Once a week a World Boss will be available to fight via activating a mob that spawns it after 10 seconds. There will be a rank requirement to enter the World Boss arena and challenge this boss. There is no limit to how many people can fight the World Boss and if you die you can return to the fight. All items are kept should the boss kill you but be mindful there will be alot of deaths as a result of this boss. Upon the boss spawning you have 10-30 minutes (Time to defeat has yet to be decided) to deal as much damage as possible to the boss. After the timer expires you will be rewarded based upon the total damage done as a team. (It is not individual damage)

Rewards:

While you are fighting the boss your team damage will be ranked from F rank all the way to S rank. F rank being very little damage being done to the boss while S Rank is completely defeating the boss. A cache will spawn according to how much damage you have done as well including new exclusive items and as always brand new raid tiers! More Raid Tiers will be possible the more damage you deal the boss and will be much higher if the community defeats the boss entirely.

Things to note:
1) Boss health is NOT saved between World Boss events. As in damage you dealt to a boss this week will not stay when the boss respawns next week.
2) Anti-Freeloading rules do apply when fighting the World Boss. As in you MUST fight! Freeloaders will face punishment.
3) The Rank requirement may be set at higher or lower than Invasions.
4) There will be an item available from the Dungeoneer Crate that will be able to force start a World Boss battle whenever the user wants!

[CONTEST]

Oh good you finished reading...
I have a hard time naming bosses and enemies in Dungeons but this one in particular has me scratching my head. I can't figure out a name for the guy and I would like the community to help! The Boss will either be a Giant or a Golem (Giant needs testing). The reasons for either one of these is so the boss has a huge hitbox for people to whack at because I feel like there will be a good amount of people and being able to hit the boss would be nice. So this contest is for that.

How to enter:
1) State your in-game name in your post.
2) Make up a really cool boss name! Maybe even give it a little bit of lore if you'd like! I would appreciate it if you have read up on Dungeons lore for the boss name but that won't really matter as it's only the name I really care about.
3) Wait till the contest ends!

ONLY ONE NAME ENTRY PER PERSON (No multiple names in a single post either)! YOU CAN EDIT YOUR CURRENT ENTRY IF YOU'D LIKE!

Edit: Staff can also join in this contest as well!

Prizes:
There will only be ONE winner so make sure your name is awesome! Lore along with the name is bonus points!

The First place winner shall receive the following:
1) Their Boss' name being used as the world boss name when the event is added.
2) A Nova Star Raid Tier Bow (Provided by me personally)
3) A Divine Relic. Self explanatory.
Please note rewards may change but your name will 100% be used as the boss' name

CONTEST ENDS 1 WEEK FROM THE POSTING OF THIS POST! GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

Idloxuh

Jul 24, 2019
IGN: Idloxuh
Name suggestion: Ragnarok
Lore: Ragnarok is a beast who has slain many godlike players (hence the name), feeding off of their powerful energy.

Novalla

Known Member
May 23, 2017
Ign: Novalla
Boss name: The Void Empyrean
Some lore: A creation of Fzarians that escaped his control and now wanders the dimensions leaving destruction in its wake

getlogan_

Jul 24, 2019
IGN: getlogan_
Name suggestion: Kratos
Lore: Kratos was created, not born. Created from two heavenly beings seeking to create a monster to terrorize the world. These gods poured everything in their power to create this being and ended up dying in the process.

Jun 3, 2019
ign: BlueBomberMC
Name suggestion: KARAKA
Lore : Slayer of Kings and regulars this foe cares only for the pleasure your death brings to him

Apr 22, 2018
I live somewhere
www.youtube.com
IGN: SUPER_FIRE_CAT
Name Suggestion: Lady Terra
Lore: At the beginning of Earth something was forming in the molting crust. Waiting to Rise. Eat. And Destroy everything in her path. Causing chaos to everything and everyone. People may call her the opposite of Mother Nature or even the Devil. But her True name is Lady Terra.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019
IGN: Broadside1138
1)Name suggestion: Agathoth
Lore: This monster lurks in a pocket dimension to prey on unsuspecting foes. It is a malicious beast that was an eldrich abomination from a dying reality. It only seeks to destroy nothing much and nothing more.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018
IGN-Draconz
1)Name:Zarkatross
Lore-Dating back from the creation of the world this Divine Beast has rested for millennia. Those who have disturbed this creature have never returned; only their armor and weapons remained covered with deep burnt slashes as though it were struck by lightning.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019
IGN: Songhwa

Name suggestions: Erdvahn the Annihilator.

Lore:
Being Coven Witch's main experiment, Erdvahn the Annihilator passed almost all his life hidden from everybody, based on loneliness, darkness and pure hatred. Every single happy memory from his early life was a light in the end of the tunnel for him, but he never managed to reach it. Every single day that passed, felt like a millenium to the lonely young creature, that seemed to fall into the dark pit of his mind everyday, deeper and deeper.Memories and more memories started to slip out of Erdvahn's mind, slowly turning his body into a "Clay vase", that would be used by the Witch to fulfill her most malevolent desires.
Years and years passed, and the experiment was complete. Coven spent almost all of it's magic to create this beautiful, yet most chaotic creature even seen....
Souls and more souls of the most powerful ancient creatures combined with essences of pure hatred, turned the young creature into a destroying machine,
that was made to exterminate everything that interrupted Coven's plans.
In the very inside of Erdvahn the Annihilator's infected heart, consisted on layers of pure hatred and anger from the years of confinement, nothing could be found. If you looked into the creature's deep heart, you wouldn't find any hope there. Everything was consumed, taken, destroyed, forgotten....

When he was born, life was light and hope. But now, after the years in confinement, it turned into the dark pit of sorrows and mourns, that never had an end. After all the cruel experiments, will Erdvahn ever come back?

Got a little inspired... good luck yall <3

Last edited:

Tankdest22

Known Member
Content Member
Jun 29, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
Please note you may only suggest ONE name per post! If you have multiple names suggested only the top one will be counted in the contest.

Jun 30, 2019
User: TheQuantumRuby
Boss Name: The Aetherborn
Lore: A Titan of old, commander of the wind. Sealed away underground where its powers had no effect.
General Idea: Pushes you away occasionall and is immune to projectiles. Base mob is either an iron golem or a giant slime.

Jul 9, 2018
IGN-Draconz
Name:Memirathe
Lore-After thousands of weapons, armor, and relics were thrown away a large deposit began to form deep within the earth. The deposit took shape after millions of years of pressure and heat underground. The monster emerged and developed a deep rage and multiple personalites from the fragmented memories of the relics that gave it life. It now seeks out to get revenge on the owners of these relics and gear, destroying those who try to stop it.

Jul 9, 2018
IGN-Draconz
Name:Void Seed/The Void Seed
Lore-Created from parts of the fallen enderians. The seed has taken the shape of a large entity covered with void energy. Those who have faced the entity have been killed with only small stones inbued with void energy remaining.

tussi071

Known Member
Builder
Jun 22, 2016
Norway
IGN: Emmisy

NAME: Jotun

LORE: This is a name based on the creatures in norse mythology.

They were these absolutely huge creatures that lived in Jotunheim. Most of them were clumpy and ugly, but some females (named Gyger) were truly stunning. Their enemies were the "æsene" aka the gods like Thor, Odin and Frey.

The Jotun's are incredibly wise and possesses alot of knowledge. One of them named Vavtrunde who once got challenged by Odin in intelligence, in which Odin then won.

Thor used alot of time fighting the Jotun's with his mighty hammer Mjølner. Many of the main stories in norse mythology is about Thor fighting these massive creatures.

REASON: I belive Jotun would be a great name for the boss, especially if the giant was used. It would fit with the fact that we already have Mjolnir, Stormbreaker (which is a marvel thing) and the valentines boss Frey. It could also fit the fact that there will spawn multiple over time and if one gets killed there are still more Jotun's to be defeated.

(i used the Norwegian names for these creatures other than the gods cause I have absolutely no clue about their English, Swedish etc etc translations)

:)

ElliotJD

Overseer
Staff member
Overseer
Jan 12, 2019
England
ElliotJD here with my boss name that in no way fits with the dungeons theme, but I like it so:

Orbis Mortem - horribly translated Latin thanks to the power of Googletm
Lore concept: This ancient behemoth, shackled for eons, has finally broken free, and none shall be free from its rath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom