Status
Not open for further replies.

X_Storm

Nov 19, 2016
SeaWorld ;)
[Short description]
Quick add of outsider to help build in town​

[Long description]
Like title say this would add quick and limited perms for a help at build in whole town, The idea is from SkyBlock, just that we have here some more permission configurations, as I see playing and players chat, more and more players build some bigger projects and they need help from other players.

I know we can set up perms to build for residents, ally players(nation) and stuff like that, but with all this you give perms to all players in a group, and this is what most of us do not like.

Coop player would be limited to players you cooped till you kick them (uncoop) or you logout, then all players you coop are removed from your coop system.
I think only Mayor and coMayor should be able to coop players because this is based for whole city.
Also it can be set up what perms all cooped player have {build/destroy/switch/itemuse} to be more safe.​

[How is it beneficial]
For community and economy this will be better because players will be more able to help each other, and on easier way do jobs for town owners​

[Links and videos]
Actually do not exist​

[What can be possible downsides?]
@Scythe578 would be taken few hours for programming that.​

Boomy

Builder
Jun 11, 2016
England
Like this idea - a quick way of saying "Yeah you can build in my plot" without needing to setup perms constantly, and with no need to worry about being offline.

Zevira

Devoted Member
Content Member
Builder
May 18, 2016
*grabs the change to put yes & no in at the same time.

I think this will be confusing for players that finally know how plot perms work. (might get confused?() aswel for starting players that will have to be explained about both way to do it with benefits ect,
but def good for players like me that take over 2hours to figure out the right perms.. xD

X_Storm

Nov 19, 2016
SeaWorld ;)
Like this idea - a quick way of saying "Yeah you can build in my plot" without needing to setup perms constantly, and with no need to worry about being offline.
Correct

but def good for players like me that take over 2hours to figure out the right perms
same story here at me .. I know perms, just still I dont own all plots in my town and let say I need to clear a lot of land now, and I think I can not own all plots of town (220), who ever played OP SkyBlock know how nice is this command

Thnx fot voting :) both yes and no XD

Naku

Known Member
Jun 30, 2016
Banned
why not just add people as friends and toggle friend perms?
Because you would have to own the plots. I got a town with around 189 or something claims and if I want someone to build on a huge area 10x10 plots I could only claim 64 of those plots and I might have other plots which I have claimed and personal plots. The 64 plot owned limit is quite annoying and one of the reasons for why this is such a good suggestion in my opinion.

Flex Seal

Administrator
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jul 25, 2016
'straya mate
www.maestrea.com
Because you would have to own the plots. I got a town with around 189 or something claims and if I want someone to build on a huge area 10x10 plots I could only claim 64 of those plots and I might have other plots which I have claimed and personal plots. The 64 plot owned limit is quite annoying and one of the reasons for why this is such a good suggestion in my opinion.
Well in this situation, couldn't you make use of permissions that effect the entire town (/t set perm)? Of course you would turn it off once the project is complete or you log off.

X_Storm

Nov 19, 2016
SeaWorld ;)
Actualy this is reson why, or make for mayors unlimited plot owning :p
With turning on perms for whole town, you add perms to all outsider or all allys, but it is hard to add perms to outsider in other nation, and just to him on quick.
Hmm or flex maby I miss understud you, but it can be also /t set perm friends build/destroy/switch.... or something like that

Last edited:

Naku

Known Member
Jun 30, 2016
Banned
Well in this situation, couldn't you make use of permissions that effect the entire town (/t set perm)? Of course you would turn it off once the project is complete or you log off.
My outpost where I would be having people work is in a peculiar place since it's the corner of the map. It gets spammed with nether portals and lots of people got sethomes there already, probally hoping for my ruin. The issue with just setting a town perm is that people can grief the area for the duration and if you're having someone over for helping you build something it's most likely going to be for a long time. And my town spawn which is WL is a high interest target since petehap owned it. If destruction or anything else was turned on there I bet it would be griefed beyond repair within the hour. Especially if I'm hiring builders and I explain to some and have to decline some after hearing and checking them out and see what they can do etc. Just setting a town perm like /t set perm outsider destroy on - Is a huge risk.

TL : DR-./t set perm - Dangerous since others than intended target can destroy/build/etc.

X_Storm

Nov 19, 2016
SeaWorld ;)
My outpost where I would be having people work is in a peculiar place since it's the corner of the map. It gets spammed with nether portals and lots of people got sethomes there already, probally hoping for my ruin. The issue with just setting a town perm is that people can grief the area for the duration and if you're having someone over for helping you build something it's most likely going to be for a long time. And my town spawn which is WL is a high interest target since petehap owned it. If destruction or anything else was turned on there I bet it would be griefed beyond repair within the hour. Especially if I'm hiring builders and I explain to some and have to decline some after hearing and checking them out and see what they can do etc. Just setting a town perm like /t set perm outsider destroy on - Is a huge risk.

TL : DR-./t set perm - Dangerous since others than intended target can destroy/build/etc.
I was in this istuation, also some of my friends on server, and still think with /coop [name] and /t set perm coop [build/deestroy...] for whole town would be much easier for all, and much faster to switch on/off, and after logout all players are removed from your coop system while friends are not auto removed, and still have acces to your plots in whole town, this with friends is good for realy trusted players, you keep them so they still can build in parts of your town while you are logged out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom