Delusionalrubys Event's Team Content Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delusionalrubys

Staff member
May 18, 2020
In-Game Name: Delusionalrubys
In-game rank(use /rank): Earl – Prestige 3
Date Joined (check /res date): May 17th, 2020 & have played MC Towny for over 6 years!!!
Do you have Discord (if yes, include your name): Yup! Delusionalrubys#0335
Timezone/Country: Eastern Daylight Time – (GMT -4), Canada
Earlier ban reasons: I have no ban/warn or rule breaking history of any kind on Maestrea. Was accidentally banned on another server a few years ago due to a staff member typing the wrong name in but other than that nothing!!!

What Content Team you will be applying to: I will be applying to the Events team!!!!

Why should we pick you:
I personally think I could contribute a lot to the events team on Maestrea. I have participated in at least 50 events on towny servers alone in the past 6 years and have run/co-run multiple events as well. Whether it be holiday themed, Pvp themed or build themed, I’ve seen it all. I’ve always enjoyed making cool event ideas and bringing people together online to have fun which is one of the main reasons I’m applying for the events team on Maestrea. Ultimately, I think I have what it takes to supply this amazing community with the best event’s ever and would love to join the in doing so!!!!

What do you enjoy most about development:
When it comes to developing and creating events there’s many parts I enjoy, the building and planning is always fun, even better when there’s community involvement. The testing is also quite a hoot, being able to take something you created and then perfect it is definitely one of the best parts. In the end though it all really comes down to seeing people participate in something you have created and enjoying it. Seeing all the hard work and dedication of a project morphing into what you had envisioned it to be, is one of the most gratifying feelings ever. All these things being some good reasons as to why I’m applying for the events team on Maestrea.

Portfolio/Information to backup experience claims:
When it comes to past experiences regarding events, my first example is a perfect representation. KTP or kill the prince was an Event I have participated and even Run multiple times in the past. This is the crown jewel of my event experience and was a fan favourite for many players and friends, some of which play on Maestrea today. I have run multiple scavenger hunt events and love incorporating themed builds into them. I have also run a few parkour events as well back when I was actually good at it :oops:

Shown below is the Event example for KTP along with one of my most recent event idea creations!!!

The Maestrea KTP (kill the prince/princess) Event:
So basically, here’s how the event would go down. You would first need a large arena. You could easily copy and paste the current spawn and rework it a slight bit to better suit the event. Aka fix areas so there’s no areas to get stuck in without fly, add a few blocks, break a few blocks, make it flow a bit better in regards to the different areas that aren’t used, stuff one could easily do with the right mindset and obviously the holograms wouldn’t come with so that’s not a problem.

You would then need to basically take that reworked spawn area and turn it into what /pvp is (keep inventory/no flight the whole thing). You would then give each player access to a specific kit/way to gain these specific items, those being an armour set such as full leather armour and an iron sword. You would have them all in a box at the spawn point. You then would need some staff members. You give one lucky staff member the best raid tier/gear armour wise currently available in the game so they have like 3 rows of hearts, then give them something like a diamond sword with sharp 3 or 4 with fire aspect 1 and maybe knock-back 2, along with a few god apples and a punch/infinity bow. You would of course have someone streaming the event and have a dedicated staff member to be in close contact with the special staff member being targeted. They can be given the chance to ask in the voice call to be /healed. The “prince/princess” will only have the option to use that command a limited amount of times depending on how the event was going and or how long you want the event to go for.

You could then get a group of maybe 3 staff members to guard the targeted “prince/princess” or maybe have a staff member who does not pvp often be the prince/princess and have more guards. The guards would have iron armour and maybe a stone sword with sharp 2, and maybe only a few re-spawns. You would then give the defending team a head start to run from the spawn point, you would first explain the rules of course and the point of the event. Then you let the onslaught of players try and kill the target and whoever succeeds in doing so (aka the person who lands the killing blow) wins the event. The reason this event would work so well is that lots of players know the spawn area and can give callouts to let people know the location of the target, or maybe give false ones. The reward could vary in monetary amounts or something like the head of an owner as a bonus if maybe Soap or Jare decided to be the prince.

You can redo the event a bunch of times with different targets or you could have one big one in which could last a long time, and each player who participated would get the event items!! Maybe each person would get a set of leather unbreaking 10 armour and a cool event sword (basically their kit). You would also probably have to turn off mcmmo so players who have high swords skills don’t have an advantage. I’m not 100% sure how changing the spawn arena into it being like /pvp would work but other than that everything else could be pretty simple other than giving the players the leather armour kit with the iron sword but I’m sure it could be figured out. Think of it like Klozer hunt almost but a bit more condensed and everyone has an equal chance.

Last edited:

Delusionalrubys

Staff member
May 18, 2020
My Second Event Example is my most recent Event Idea which I’m quite proud of which I couldn't fit into the app because of the max character limit so here it is :)

The Multi-Stage Maestrean Marathon Event
There are multiple stages to this marathon event, the basic principle is there are tasks set out for the players, the goal of the event is to be the first player to retrieve all 2 items and return them successfully to your starting box, this event requires mental stamina, basic Minecraft skills and logic with a hint of luck. Think of this event like the Tri-Wizard tournament from harry potter but with a twist.

The Setup Involves all players having no items, we would then give each player a stack of steak and a bow with infinity and 1 arrow, no walk speed increases, no flying the simple standard stuff. Pvp being off and only 1 life per player. This could be built in a resource world or in a separate build and maybe copied over, u just need a big mountain, a large straight area for the beginning and a large enough world to run for a while. I have worked closely with PinkJemm on the creation of a mini condensed version of what the first stage would look like build wise not including the huge mountain involved in stage 2. This can be viewed in the creative server with the command /plot visit PinkJemm

Stage 1: The first part of the marathon is quite a simple design; everyone starts off in their own box and then a lever is switched and a whole opens up to shoot out from, they then will need to hit a button with an arrow to be let out from the starting position. Then from there it’s a flat-out sprint across a field rigged with soul sand to slow players down, topped off by 3 sets of fence parkour which may be easier than you think.

Stage 2: The Climb: This next stage will be immediately following stage 1, its quite a simple task but a tedious one at that, climb to the top. There would be an enormous mountain with a stone pillar on top with ladders that will lead to a chest at the top. This chest would be like the ones used during the summer mini event which was the bingo and the chest would be similar to that where everyone can take the one thing from the chest (this is the kind of chest that will be mentioned throughout this example). In the chest there will be a book with the final key pieces of information to complete the rest of the challenges.

Stage 3: The Hunt: In the book gained previously from stage 2. The Competitors will find 2 sets of coordinates a few thousand blocks away in different directions. They will need to safely descend the mountain and head to both of the exact coordinates. One of the sites will be a chest underground at bedrock level, the second a chest in a different location at basically height limit. Competitors will need to gather the tools necessary to reach both of the sites safely and retrieve the special items and as noted you only have 1 life.

Stage 4: The Finale: In this finale stage the players need to return back once again to their starting point. This means going back through the fence parkour, back through the soul sand minefield then finally hitting another bow-shot to be let into their box. The first player to successfully return with both 2 items will be declared the winner. There would also be prizes awarded to second and third place winners with participant awards for everyone else.

Thank you for reading & taking time to consider my application!!!!

Yours Truly

-Delusionalrubys :cool:

May 27, 2020
I quite like this tbh. I mean I do like tbh. Yea I really do I think. Yes indeed. Sir, I think we found a winner. Yuperdoo chief. Yup tbh I like it. Very much liking this prospect yup tbh ngl. Yup Yup this. Yuh. This fr on some monkeh shit tho. Good Idea DelyuinoalRubiyes

TMSStudent3

Overseer
Staff member
Content Member
Overseer
May 18, 2019
Hell
Application approved, welcome to the team!
Contact an Admin+ to begin your promotion process :)

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom