Elyssia Update Post

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
At long last I've had time to write this,

we had a meeting a while back going over the aspects of elyssia, what to keep and what to change
so here's a summary of that:

• Towny will work as it does on Maestrea
    • Same price to make a town
    • Same rank requirement to make a town
    • Same upkeep
    • No death penalty (losing money when dying)
  • Epic Furnaces will stay on elyssia.
    • We'll probably rework the cook job to work with this or add the furnace plugin to Maestrea
  • Hoppers will work the same as they currently do on elyssia. (Limit might change)
  • Meteorites will still appear on resource (It's in the backlog and won't be present during launch probably
  • /buildcheck command will stay
  • /shopscan will stay
    • We'll make a new /shop /market area later and have it on there,
    • For now each server will have their own market area
  • Mobs in resource are in the backlog meaning we'll add them back later
    • Other mobs will then be added to resource
  • Relic Summoning bosses will be moved to dungeon challenges
  • Job hats and Necklaces will be obtainable on the new server and will work the same way
  • Arcana tier items will be obtainable on new elyssia only.
    • We'll be adding some of the custom enchants and passive potion effects to them before launch
  • Some Elysian tier items will slowly be added back via events and auctions
    • We'll also add a Maestrean tier and each tier will only be obtainable from the server they belong to
  • Legendaries will be converted as well meaning they'll be obtainable on the new server
  • Players will be allowed to keep 9 items
    • These items will be re-lored and won't work, they are collectibles
    • Shulker boxes or other container blocks won't work, it's just 9 single items.
    • These items will be aesthetic, so they can't be used to break blocks or kill mobs with.
  • Your /rankup rank on Elyssia will be replaced with an equivalent rank on Maestrea.
    • Discussion about the rank conversion is still ongoing.
  • Items bought on the store will be re-added to your inventory when you join the new server.
  • Other plugins or features not mentioned in this post will probably still exist, these are just the ones I was asked about.
  • We're still uncertain what will happen with RVs

Once the tasks on Trello are done, we'll open the server as a beta period to test things out
and then once it's ready, we'll reset the new elyssia server and launch it :)

Link to the trello: Trello
More info here: Future plans for Elyssia

If you have more questions, please post them below

Last edited:

Kidokit

Jun 9, 2019
In regards to the 9 items, they are only going to be cosmetic? Like we can't bring any blocks over?

Digest

Jun 10, 2019
Why not allow the 9 items to be functional? At this point, I don't think you'll have too many requests to convert items. You'll probably end up programming many of them eventually anyway, as long as they are on the list of approved items.
It would be a very nice gesture, please reconsider. :)

Firstly... thanks for the update. I love hearing about the progress.

On Elyssia I was a Builder. Im so curious on how the Builder job/xp will move over to Mae or continue to work on Elyssia.

Being a builder, I had such large stockpiles of building materials. Endless rooms of stone and cobble and such. Ill miss ya- my Dubs of endless cobble.

Last edited:

LordSawyer

Mar 7, 2019
will we be able to save our bases from the old maps so we can keep them? i spent a very long time on my base and i would like to have a save file of it

ElliotJD

Overseer
Staff member
Overseer
Jan 12, 2019
England
In regards to the 9 items, they are only going to be cosmetic? Like we can't bring any blocks over?
Only cosmetic, yes.

About the Trader job from elyssia: how will it work?
It currently works by consuming emeralds and trader gems to level up the job. More detail information about any jobs changes will be released at a later date when the work has been complete.

Why not allow the 9 items to be functional? At this point, I don't think you'll have too many requests to convert items. You'll probably end up programming many of them eventually anyway, as long as they are on the list of approved items.
There is no "list of approved items". There's a lengthy discussion ongoing on the Elyssia discord about this, but the headline reasons are: items are overpowered, some of the items players are wanting to bring over may or may not even exist in the new Elyssia yet, or ever, trying to approve or deny items on a case by case basis will lead to a significant amount of discontent with players arguing that their items is only a little over powered or asking if we can just implement that one item for them; all well and good but if we have everyone asking the same questions it's going to take an unrealistic amount of time for just this portion of the merge.

On Elyssia I was a Builder. Im so curious on how the Builder job/xp will move over to Mae or continue to work on Elyssia.
All jobs not on Maestrea are likely to find their way over during this merging process, and vice versa. As mentioned earlier, the exact specifics will be detailed in at a later date.

will we be able to save our bases from the old maps so we can keep them? i spent a very long time on my base and i would like to have a save file of it
Yes, as soon as the new Elyssia is released, the current version will stop blocking world downloader so you can grab any of the builds you would like to keep.

Bob Weyker

Jun 9, 2019
Only cosmetic, yes.

It currently works by consuming emeralds and trader gems to level up the job. More detail information about any jobs changes will be released at a later date when the work has been complete.

There is no "list of approved items". There's a lengthy discussion ongoing on the Elyssia discord about this, but the headline reasons are: items are overpowered, some of the items players are wanting to bring over may or may not even exist in the new Elyssia yet, or ever, trying to approve or deny items on a case by case basis will lead to a significant amount of discontent with players arguing that their items is only a little over powered or asking if we can just implement that one item for them; all well and good but if we have everyone asking the same questions it's going to take an unrealistic amount of time for just this portion of the merge.

All jobs not on Maestrea are likely to find their way over during this merging process, and vice versa. As mentioned earlier, the exact specifics will be detailed in at a later date.

Yes, as soon as the new Elyssia is released, the current version will stop blocking world downloader so you can grab any of the builds you would like to keep.
So old and new Elyssia will be up at the same time during a transition?

Bob Weyker

Jun 9, 2019
Is there an ETA for when new Elyssia will be available?

Will balance transfer (with or without an exchange rate)?

Will world downloader then allow my house to be rebuilt on new Elyssia?

ElliotJD

Overseer
Staff member
Overseer
Jan 12, 2019
England
So old and new Elyssia will be up at the same time during a transition?
Yes, for a time, no set time frame for how long just yet.

Is there an ETA for when new Elyssia will be available?
No, but you can keep a watch on the Trello board to see how close it is.

Will balance transfer (with or without an exchange rate)?
Balance will not transfer is the current decision.

Will world downloader then allow my house to be rebuilt on new Elyssia?
World downloader will allow you to save your build, but as far as I know it has no functionality to aid in rebuilding things.

Soulwrack

Jan 28, 2019
Well, that’s all I was waiting for. My builds aren’t being transferred, my jobs are up in the air and tba, and my gear will be cosmetic. Smh, so fucking angry right now.

Bob Weyker

Jun 9, 2019
Yes, for a time, no set time frame for how long just yet.

No, but you can keep a watch on the Trello board to see how close it is.

Balance will not transfer is the current decision.

World downloader will allow you to save your build, but as far as I know it has no functionality to aid in rebuilding things.
As I understand it, we will not be able to bring anything functional from Elyssia including money, but one month after the reset Meastrea stuff will be allowed to transfer to new Elyssia. Is that correct?

ElliotJD

Overseer
Staff member
Overseer
Jan 12, 2019
England
As I understand it, we will not be able to bring anything functional from Elyssia including money, but one month after the reset Meastrea stuff will be allowed to transfer to new Elyssia. Is that correct?
"anything functional" is a bit vague but what will and won't be brought forward has been explained so I'll assume everyone knows by know the details of it. So yes, that is correct. Maestrea stuff will be able to go to new Elyssia and vice versa. Although that one month limit can be extended if necessary to allow Elyssia to settle more.

ElliotJD

Overseer
Staff member
Overseer
Jan 12, 2019
England
Reply and more detail given on the Discord, but the quick version is: Value of Elyssia rank added to Value of Maestrea rank to give New Rank.

Vesha

Aug 24, 2019
Will Mcmmo be transferred to the new server via adding levels from both old servers? Or taking the highest levels or the mcmmo from the server that has the higher power level?

Top Bottom