Family Oriented Server!

Clay

Jul 27, 2020
Short desc: Market the server to be suitable for families and kids

Long desc:

Had a substantial convo with LeftRing yesterday, he mentioned that Maestrea should tap the family friendly Minecraft market. I agree with him, as during my 3.5 year stay in this server I see many parents log on with their kids briefly at times, however they do not last long maybe because it is not as family friendly as they want it to be. I have lost count on how many families I came across but there are plenty that came and went. Since this is a towny server, it would be really nice to see parents share a multi-plot property with their kids, building a dream house etc.

How to make this possible? I think the first steps are simple. Censor profanity. If you dont wanna completely censor, add a command where parents can be able to censor any inappropriate words in chat on their kids accounts. Any account that types this certain command will be censored any form of profanity or NSFW.

Minigames are also a good idea for families to play together. LeftRing mentions that Bedwars is the "in" thing right now. Any other popular modes of minigames can be added too. Based on my observation, families love minigames, as it is a good form of bonding especially with kids below adolescence. Dungeons can be for older kids. Finally, the creative mode is always deserted, 90% of the time 0 people are on. Kids LOVE creative mode. This would be a good opportunity for kids to be able to build anything out of their imagination. To avoid any build becoming inappropriate, it is the parents' jobs to guide their children as to what is right and what isnt. There should also be more build competitions for more excitement and motivation.

Advantages: Unique selling point, it is rare to see a towny server catering to families (and all ages)

Disadvantages:
kid trolling? but in case that happens there always the ban hammer

Aug 2, 2018
My problem with the bedwars idea is that Maestrea is not a minigames server and never has been. And I'm pretty sure there are a lot more teens and adults playing this server than kids, so I'm not sure censoring profanity will go down very well.

"it is rare to see a towny server catering to families" I'm 99.9% sure that Maestrea caters to families as much as they can.

Zevira

Devoted Member
Content Member
Builder
May 18, 2016
just the fact to have a censor for profanity woud be an awesome adition xD only that on it's own I think plenty woud be happy with wether they play with their kids or just dislike it :p

Jul 27, 2020
just the fact to have a censor for profanity woud be an awesome adition xD only that on it's own I think plenty woud be happy with wether they play with their kids or just dislike it :p
I have met several people here who have kids and want to play on the server, but they decided not to because its catered mainly for adults. Nothing wrong with that but it would be nice to cater to all ages

Clay

Jul 27, 2020
My problem with the bedwars idea is that Maestrea is not a minigames server and never has been. And I'm pretty sure there are a lot more teens and adults playing this server than kids, so I'm not sure censoring profanity will go down very well.

"it is rare to see a towny server catering to families" I'm 99.9% sure that Maestrea caters to families as much as they can.
Yes I agree Maestrea is not a minigames server. It is a towny server. But a towny server like Maestrea has skyblock, creative and dungeons, why cant we have a different mode such as minigames?

ElliotJD

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jan 12, 2019
England
This has been mentioned before but it's not a direction we want to take the server. We do want a community where people can feel comfortable and enjoy themselves, but we feel this would be far too restrictive for the vast majority of our playerbase, and I know for me personally I would have no interest in Moderating a server full of kids.

So in conclusion this one is going to have to be a no, appreciate the suggestion though.

Top Bottom