Furnace system tutorial

Discussion in 'TUTORIALS' started by Souldev, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Souldev

Souldev Active Member

So apparently I'm an expert at making automatic furnace systems now.
    Recently, I've been getting lots of requests from people to show them how to make one of these cookers. And there's just too many people asking, I won't be able to show it to you all in finite time by just teleporting around :p
    So instead I've decided to make a video tutorial on how to make one of these. I don't claim that these are the most efficient things out there, but it definitely does the job.
    DO YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF 93.29 MASTER RACE?
    Then this tutorial is for you! :D

2. joey101998

joey101998 Well-Known Member

The master race scares me

Souldev likes this.
  3. Jazilla79

Jazilla79 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Helper

Simple and easy design. Great job. The only downside is the same that effects all auto smelters on the server and that is time in which it takes to fill when completely empty.

Also, you have given me an idea on an upgrade to my system. Thank you

Souldev likes this.
  4. claytonyu

claytonyu Active Member

So its okay to put only chests only under the hoppers? In my experience it didnt work that well, and I had to place chests on top of every furnace

5. Souldev

Souldev Active Member

If your chests have proper flags turned on (so basically /chopper on) they will be able to be filled by hoppers, and emptied by hoppers and hopper minecarts. If that setup didn't work for you, then you either did not have that flag set on your chests, or you must have been unlucky enough to test it during some sort of glitch/bug happening.

I remember showing you my setup, which is not EXACTLY the setup I've shown in the video, and the only difference in it is that it's slightly more compact, and a lot more glitchy. You mentioned something about some hoppers being skipped by the minecart - and this is exactly the sort of a problem I have with it. Perhaps you used that same version as the one I'm using, where you skip the corner block, and place another furnace there. I had to use a workaround on this setup to make sure all the hoppers get loved by the minecart.
    The setup in this video is glitchless, and as I mentioned in the video (as well as Jazilla in a comment above), the only drawback is the time you have to wait for the system to get fully filled once it's empty. I highly recommend you try it, as it makes accessing the furnaces after a restart so much easier :D

6. claytonyu

claytonyu Active Member

In my experience it would work perfectly for about a few days, and then when the bug occurs where it skips furnaces. Probably a glitch when it comes to the minecarts feeding into the furnaces? Because I think when a minecart moves in a rotational motion it can lead to more glitches, as compared to a linear path where it goes back and forth only

7. Souldev

Souldev Active Member

Well this setup is basically "linear" motion, the minecart goes through hoppers in a straight line, without turning on any. This is why these corner blocks are there - the glitchy behaviour is known to happen on hoppers with a corner rail. This one eliminates corner hoppers, so it's glitch-free.

8. claytonyu

claytonyu Active Member

ohh so the corner hopper is the cause of the glitch?

9. Souldev

Souldev Active Member

Based on my experience, yes.

10. claytonyu

claytonyu Active Member

Which corner hopper are you talking about, is it the hopper right above the furnaces or above the chests, or all corner hoppers?

11. Jazilla79

Jazilla79 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Helper

You guys are talking about a glitch but it's not a glitch. It's tick speed. There is a work around this issue. If you are experiencing a glitch it's cause you don't have enough spawners. More spawners will keep the chest fuller and dump more meet into the system.
    Also, minecarts hate corners. I never use a corner rail as part of a smelter. I just put a regular block under it. Saves a lot of headache.

12. PhoenLee

PhoenLee Active Member

Thanks for the guide. It helped a lot.

13. Wild_Tribe

Wild_Tribe Member

My bottom minecart with hopper won't collect fro the furnaces.
    Any idea on the reason why?

claytonyu likes this.
  14. claytonyu

claytonyu Active Member

idk if this works, "/chopper on" to your furnace?

15. X_Storm

X_Storm Active Member

yea you need to "/chopper on" on all furnaces to hopper carts are able to colect from furnaces

16. Souldev

Souldev Active Member

Only if you lock these furnaces with LWC though. Also that problem was already solved in-game :D

X_Storm and claytonyu like this.