Future plans for Elyssia

Jan 20, 2019
also can we link this to the server news on Elyssia? I know there may be some folks that may log in that don't check discord or these forums.

Jun 9, 2019
Soap,

Here is some advice.

1) Need to start the process of the "reset" soon. Eylssia is gone, we understand that even as we grieve its lost.

2) Need to respond to the questions with yes, no, maybe. Don't hold anything back, if the maybe is really no, say so.

3) Can we have a parallel world setup. A new 1.14.2 with the old 1.11 running at the same time. Hard part: code a transfer portal put in on 1.11 and pull out on 1.14 (see suggestion B above). Give people a way to transfer their stuff so that they are part of the process.

4) Shutdown 1.11 resource, and market (after giving people a warning to remove there stuff from market) to ease the strain on the server. This can be done with an announcement tomorrow and give people a week.

5) Decide what changes are going to be added later. If they are items, then you need to figure out how people can 'save' a list of what they have for later transfer. Maybe after the initial transfer, freeze (shutdown) Elyssia, and unfreeze (for a couple of days) and transfer as new features are added?

I have had to do software ports at work, it is not easy. Specially if features are changing while doing it. Trying to maintain a user base while doing it makes it double hard. And as you said, you have a life and this is not your job. I wish I had better advice for you.

Foxgguy2001

Staff member
Helper
Aug 25, 2018
Annville, KY
steamcommunity.com
As a Maestrean I'm super excited about the joining of our two separate communities into a single community, with the unique perks of both worlds reason to travel between them. If it's coupled with the .14 upgrade, I could see Elyssia being a very busy place!

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
So, tons of questions....

1. If we are able to transfer inventory, how much are you thinking? A Double chest? Two? Fifteen?
I would love to have a double chest, just saying. Or possibly a double chest and our Ender Chest? thats how they transferred items on another server through a map reset before.

2. Would the Jobs for both servers Merge fully? Such as we keep the highest Mcmmo stat for the job on either server? like, say I have Lvl 100 Mining on Mae, and Lvl 20 Mining on Ely. But I have Lvl 100 Woodcutting on Ely, and Lvl 20 Woodcutting on Mae. Would i have Lvl 100 in each when the merge/update occurs?

3. Will there be a total reset? As in both Elyssia AND Maestrea reset to make the updating of plugins and such easier? If so, Will we be able to bring an Inv/Chest/Double Chest from each server?

4. Will money carry over?

That's all I can think of for now, I'm sure more will come. :D
1. To be decided.
2. Highest level will overwrite, you'd be level 100 in each. But after looking over it, elyssia levels are harder to level so perhaps it won't be a 1:1 but a 1:2. also to be decided.
3. Only Elyssia is resetting. We've already updated maestrea's plugins to 1.14 and deciding to not rename items on there.
4. Money probably won't carry over.

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
I have had a question put forth about grief rules on Elyssia 2.0. Right now Elyssia has a no grief policy while Maestrea has a natural border grief policy.
Will Elyssia 2.0 be continuing Elyssia's no grief policy or updating to Maestrea's grief policy?
It will use Maestrea's grief policy.

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
Here is my list please, including things from discord so that it is in one place

Questions:

1a) What about voidstores, are they going to be kept?
1b) Are there job hats post-reset?
Elliot: both tbd but I can't see any reason that voidstorage would go away

2) what about Elyssia backpacks, I fell in love with them when I first started on Elyssia?
Elliot: Nothing decided yet, we'll have to discuss it

3) xMaki: Also what about voidbreakers?
Elliot: Voidbreakers planned on being kept currently, will have to say if they work everywhere or just resource serve

4) xMaki: What would happen to legendaries and pseudo legendaries?
Elliot: Legendaries planned to be kept but they're gonna be just as crazy rare

5) xMaki: But like HoS ? Flying axe and unbreaking tether
Elliot: Yes, maybe, yes is the plan for those

6) xMaki: What about sweet gears and dragonslayer?
Elliot: Sweet gear only gives speed so it'll probably stay, dragonslayer needs discussed at a later date

-- New questions --

7) Void placing work?

8) What about spawners? Will they continue to work and can I take them with me?

9) Will voidmetal and Yanhau I (voidmetal x3) be carried over? (I have an elytra and axe with Yanhau I)

10) It is not clear what happens to jobs, ranks, money post-reset

11) Will what is in our current inventory transfer post-reset?

12) Will meteors continue on resource?

13) Some people (not me) have bought large towns, will they get the claims on the new world? (I would like them to stay around...)

14) What happens to the new plants like peanut, etc.?

15) I can fly (based on rank) on Elyssia, will that continue to work?

16) Will Valkyrion (leveling tools) be carried over?

17) What levels of tools/weapons will be considered reasonable?

18) When will all this occur? Can we have an ETA that is updated regularly that we can plan to/for?

Suggestions:
A) Can I suggest that a new world be created that is new-elyssia before the reset. People could move there stuff, create towns, etc. before the reset. Then reset and keep the new world. Or keep just one of the three existing worlds. It would be better than losing all three. I don't have anything on Inavir even keeping it would be better.

B) Or how about create a new 1.14 elyssia world (while 1.11 exists), and write a transfer portal, we put stuff in on 1.11 and anything that is supported is automatically transferred to the portal in/on 1.14? Stuff not supported is not transferred, and stays in the 1.11 portal.
When we say some items will be kept, we mean they will be obtainable but not transferred. the discussion regarding what items will be "kept" from the old server is underway.

1. The current void stores on Elyssia won't be kept, but they will be obtainable on the new server.

2. Maestrea's backpack system will be used instead, shulker boxes should be used as item backpacks. there are plans to make them openable with right click.

7. Void items will work on the new server. It's being recoded as well.

8. Falls under the category of what items will be kept, tbd

9. Falls under the category of what items will be kept, tbd

10. You highest job on both servers will be kept.
level 100 miner on maestrea and 20 on elyssia, level 100 digger on elyssia and 20 on maestrea means you'll be level 100 miner and digger.
You will get a rank on maestrea equivelant to the one on elyssia, we'll make a graph once it's decided fully
Money will probably not be kept

11. Falls under the category of what items will be kept, tbd

12. Meteors will appear on the new resource

13. Towns will be reset

14. Plants will exist on the new server

15. tbd, not sure what rank gives flight on elyssia but if I remember right, it should be kept, just need equivelant of mythic to get it.

16. Levelling tools will exist. don't know if it'll be transferable from the old server.

17. tbd

18. I'll include a message in the weekly update regarding progress.

To your suggestions, we can't run 1.14 and 1.11 at the same time, transferring items is also difficult due to how mojang wrote the API. will make a seperate post clearing that up.

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
Attached to the main post as well:
To respond to a lot of people at the same time:
Elyssia will reset, jobs, mcmmo and ranks will be kept (you will get a level/rank equivalent to maestrea's).
We don't know if we'll allow money, or items to be transferred, the discussion is ongoing.

We can't keep the worlds as upgrading them to 1.14 will corrupt them and they will become unusable.
We also face issues with keeping items since they are stored in the old version, transferring them via code will be hard since they have the version attached to them, we're not even sure if it's possible, this is due to how Mojang wrote their code.

We'll try and keep all current functionality on Elyssia. if it already exists on Maestrea it will be replaced with what is on Maestrea and items/features might get renamed in this progress.

Once we're closer to a release we'll give an update on all the changes. We can't give an ETA as we can't estimate how long time this will take
(At least more than a month) we have to manually rewrite a lot of functionality, update items and configs to fit with Maestrea's plugins, get builds made and write new plugins to handle cross server stuff in a good way.

Jan 20, 2019
if this is the what can be done then why change or upgrade? I'm not trying to be contreversal. I just dont understand why 3 years have do be just deleted like nothing. This does not have to happen this way.

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
if this is the what can be done then why change or upgrade? I'm not trying to be contreversal. I just dont understand why 3 years have do be just deleted like nothing. This does not have to happen this way.
I'm not sure I follow, you want us to keep the server 1.11.2 and never update?

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
ok some questions not intended for debate but for staff to answer if they would please thank you

1. We have jobs on Elyssia that are not on Mae zoologist, builder arcanist and trader. How will they transfer over.
2. Alfheim. Will this still be a thing?
3. Void Storages and void placing tools. Will these still be a thing?
4. Legendary Items. I have 3 of these not counting the unbreakable scrolls I've used on various items. How will these be affected. and how will the unbreakable items be affected.
5. Ranks. I am at Adflictio rank. As much time in the past 3 years it took to get this rank I would hate to see my efforts wasted. How will these be affected.
6. Essences. Arcana essences to common essences. How will these be handled?
7. Backpacks. Will these still exist?
8. Job Hats. Will these still exist as a rare item?
9. Voidbreaker items. On Mae these have to be repaired almost constantly. It does not work that way on Elyssia. Will this be changed?
10. Resource world. The resource world on Elyssia is much larger than on Mae. Will this be affected?
11. Custom crop farming. Will this still be a thing? If so, will gardeners trimmers still be a thing?
12. RV tags. These are much like titles on Mae. Will these carry over as both an item and a title?
13. Item taggers. Will these still be a thing?
14. Lift signs. These are work like elevators on Elyssia. Are they still going to be a thing?
15. Boosters. I have boosters on Mae and on Elyssia. Will these be merged?
16. Taxes. Tax rates don't exist on Elyssia. How will this work?
17. Towny Claims. Ive purchased and used 5000 towny claim plots through the stores on Elyssia, some of them recently through Mae store. Will these be refunded somehow? It's a bit unrealistic for me to be able to maintain a 5k chunk town with the current plot tax rates on Mae.
18. Money. I have over 1 billion Elyssian Crux saved up for my next rank up and not even half way there. Is this going to be converted?
19. Furnace counts. The max furnace count on Mae is 16 for job payouts. The max furnace count at Adflictio rank on Elyssia is 75. How will this be changed?
20. Various Items. I've worked hard for the past few years to have the items that I have and the collection is in the thousands. What will I be able to take with me? I intend to build a museum for the things that cant be converted.
21. schematica. I don't know how to use things like this. Is it possible to get help?

I'm sure I will have more questions.

Once again this is not a list for debate. It is a list of questions concerning the reset for staff. Please leave sarcastic remarks off of any replies.
1. Jobs that don't exist on maestrea will be added and balanced.
2. Yes, it will be added to the new resource but won't appear at launch unless we have extra time left to do that.
3. they will
4. I think all legendaries will exist on the new server, they will only be obtainable from elyssia, not sure how many items are unbreakable, will have to look into that
5. You'd get an equivalent rank.
6. Elyssia's tiered items will stay, they spawn on elyssia mobs only (so unique to the server, not obtainable on maestrea). alfheim and resource mobs will drop tiered items from both servers. Essence is being redesign into bottles and scrap will be essence (will be confusing at first)
7. Maestrea's backpack system will be used instead, shulker boxes will be openable with right click in the future
8. They will exist
9. Not sure how we'll balance this, either add higher levels to excavation enchant, or use voidbreaker as the name for higher breaking areas. as for the durability we don't know. perhaps making it take less damage while in resource?
10. We're setting up a new resource server that both servers can connect to. not sure how large elyssias resource world is but it will be 5k x 5k and reset monthly
11. Custom crops will exist on elyssia, not sure if they are being added to maestrea
12. TBD
13. Yes, currently writing a plugin for those
14. Not decided, probably being replaced with diamond elevators (almost the same)
15. Yes, any unused booster on elyssia will be transferred to the new server
16. Town taxes will probably be added to new elyssia (probably not in the beginning) weekly taxes will also be taken
(This might be seen as a bad thing but helps A LOT on keeping the economy down, not draining the economy at all is proven to be a bad thing)
17. Yes, towny claims will be refunded as items which can be claimed when you want
18. TBD
19. TBD
20. TBD
21. [Guide] Schematica Settings

Hope you didn't feel those replies were sarcastic or rude, just answering them as simple as I can since there's a lot of questions to go through

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
Also I know that if we get an inv that we can take, I would fill backpacks and fill my inv with backpacks. That would be way too much work for staffs tho, so I won't. But I was thinking about what inventories could potentially be 'easy' to carry over, the players inventory, and ender chests. I think the servers store player inventory and the ender chests inventory in a particular place in the files, from what little I understand of it. And Shulker Boxes are vanilla, and when you go into creative and 'copy' a shulker box by selecting with the mouse wheel, it copies the contents as well. With this in mind, would it be possible to have shulker boxes in your inventory during the carryover and have them keep their contents?

This could also be considered 'unfair' towards those who do not have shulker boxes. But I would think that if you worked to own one, or more, you should be able to use them during the carryover. Or at least carryover them empty, so you have them in the new world?

To clarify; the contents of this post ARE up for debate, this is an idea and I'd like to know whether or not it is viable.
I think if we decide to allow items (which still isn't certain, it's proving more and more difficult) it'd be approved one by one and only allowed to be one item. not items containing more items.

But the real question is: Will there be an event?
Yes! We're already planning something.

I truly believe Maestrea is ran like a business, where Elyssia was not. Elyssia was a community where Maestrea reminds me more of a get rich quick, pay to win server. That this shocks anyone surprises me. In all honesty, I can’t believe it didn’t happen sooner. As soon as Elyssias content was being moved over to Maestrea for example- bosses, jobs etc, we should have seen this coming. Thank you Flexseal and Aze for all your help. Soap, you should have said this from the start instead of letting the last 3-4 loyal players stay and work their asses off for nothing. If anyone wants my stuff, let me know although it prob won’t survive the reset so I don’t know if it really matters. Also, just my opinion but nice job keeping it classy publicly calling out your “ex staff member.” Nothing says professionalism like public shaming.
Not gonna reply to anything you said if you're just gonna be douchy.

To be honest, those of us who have stuck around on Elyssia have had the feeling that something like this was inevitable, so in a way it is a relief to remove that kind of stress with this communication. It is far better to have this knowledge than to continue wondering if the time spent on the server is wasted. I can’t imagine anyone is happy with a world reset, but I do appreciate the willingness to compromise by retaining the jobs and mcmmo levels in the new world. Thank you for that.

Between Bob and Fiery’s posts, I can’t think of many other questions to ask so I think the rest of this post will consist of opinions and ideas.
It is clear that reprogramming every custom item ever made on Elyssia would be virtually impossible due to time constraints and power level incompatibility, and I think most of us would agree with that stance if we were in the position of a staff member who is responsible for transferring those items. I’d like to put forth a list of Elyssian features that would be a shame to lose due to the fact they add nothing but pure fun to the game. Established Maestrean players will love these as we do on Elyssia, so any effort to transfer them over would be worthwhile.
  • Backpacks and Voidstorage
  • Job hats
  • Voidbreaker tools
  • Void magnetizer, voidlink, voidmetal, voidplacing
  • Many of the advanced scrolls, and some of the permutatio scrolls
  • Fabled enchanting
  • Custom trees and shrubs
Quite a lot of effort has gone into the development of jobs on Elyssia. What we have today, for the most part, are jobs that are interesting and rewarding, and cater to all types of players. The multi-dimensional aspect of each job keeps the grind interesting. I have not experienced Maestrean jobs, but judging from the wiki page there doesn’t seem much to them. No disrespect intended, but it feels as though Maestrea should take as much as possible from the jobs on Elyssia to expand the daily tasks for players. Easier said than done, of course, and this may be a topic for another day but a few major changes should be seriously considered:
  • Incremental bonuses based on job level (i.e. a level 30 miner gains night vision & fire resistance)
  • Jobs-specific crafting recipes. This rewards players for choosing less popular jobs by having the ability to produce sought-after items. (i.e. void spheres, backpacks, etc).
  • Builder and Trader jobs
As for the economy, yes indeed it is imbalanced. I happen to agree that the Elyssian economy suffered from inflation, always initiated by a certain few high-ranked players. This can be solved by establishing a fair ratio between servers and reducing payout accordingly. Same with converting Ely crux to Maestrean currency, but please keep in mind that the richest people on Elyssia today have extraordinary balances only because there has been virtually nothing to spend money on since the merge announcement. It would not be fair to assume it is ‘easy’ to grind a billion crux because on a healthy server the temptation to spend usually outweighs the willingness to save up for your next rankup.

Probably best to cut this short, so back to the announcement. I support whatever changes are fair to the two communities, and if a reset is the best thing to do then we will simply have to adapt to that. Try your best to adopt Elyssia’s brilliant ideas into a fully merged server. If the roles were reversed and Mae was acquired by Ely, the player base on Maestrea would expect the same treatment.
We're planning to bring as many aspects from elyssia to the new combined server, which includes all job related aspects, really love how jobs are on elyssia.
Looking back to before the announcement of the merge I saved baltop:
Server Total: $3,780,079,453.82
1. Austinnnnnn, $1,380,238,662.44
2. ProtonWave, $761,861,638.34
3. FutureVGD, $160,904,033.33
4. LukisSK, $101,332,653.30

Essentially 2 people had 60% of the balance, I think the main balancing issue is having money leave the server at the same rate as it goes in, where taxes help a lot with removing money and job limits helps reduce how much money is added.

Jun 9, 2019
1. To be decided.
2. Highest level will overwrite, you'd be level 100 in each. But after looking over it, elyssia levels are harder to level so perhaps it won't be a 1:1 but a 1:2. also to be decided.
3. Only Elyssia is resetting. We've already updated maestrea's plugins to 1.14 and deciding to not rename items on there.
4. Money probably won't carry over.
To be clear, "Money probably won't carry over" means 140M before reset, 0 after reset, no exchange rate? -- Bob

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
1. Store purchased towny claims to be redeemable / refunded in some way?
2. Will schematica still be limited, currently seems to claim roughly a 5chunk * 5chunk area on elyssia.
3. Would getting the world downloads be an option?
4. A list of items that will be retired?
1. yes, refunded
2. no, gonna remove any restriction and enable world downloader mods so you can get a larger area to a world save.
3. ^
4. will make a list once we have more tasks done, but so far not a lot I think.

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
also can we link this to the server news on Elyssia? I know there may be some folks that may log in that don't check discord or these forums.
Good thinking, I'll have it added

Soap,

Here is some advice.

1) Need to start the process of the "reset" soon. Eylssia is gone, we understand that even as we grieve its lost.

2) Need to respond to the questions with yes, no, maybe. Don't hold anything back, if the maybe is really no, say so.

3) Can we have a parallel world setup. A new 1.14.2 with the old 1.11 running at the same time. Hard part: code a transfer portal put in on 1.11 and pull out on 1.14 (see suggestion B above). Give people a way to transfer their stuff so that they are part of the process.

4) Shutdown 1.11 resource, and market (after giving people a warning to remove there stuff from market) to ease the strain on the server. This can be done with an announcement tomorrow and give people a week.

5) Decide what changes are going to be added later. If they are items, then you need to figure out how people can 'save' a list of what they have for later transfer. Maybe after the initial transfer, freeze (shutdown) Elyssia, and unfreeze (for a couple of days) and transfer as new features are added?

I have had to do software ports at work, it is not easy. Specially if features are changing while doing it. Trying to maintain a user base while doing it makes it double hard. And as you said, you have a life and this is not your job. I wish I had better advice for you.
1. How do you mean start the process? we still have 28 tasks left before we can even start beta testing
2. When I say maybe or it sounds like I'm uncertain it's because I don't know. We still need to hold more sessions and discuss things
3. Can't have two worlds with different versions running on the same server, item sync will be extremely time consuming to setup due to material names changing, ids being removed, item id's inc_sack:9 doesn't work more, it's Lapiz_lazuli now, and we'd have to first figure out what and if we'll allow items being kept,
4. Good thinking, will do this now
5. not sure I follow here either, please clarify.

Kidokit

Jun 9, 2019
Thanks for talking a lot of time to answer all our questions Soap. I did have a thought while reading through them. So, unfortunately, this means MORE questions....

1. Will we be able to have our Mithril items that we purchased, refunded/replaced after the update?

2. I had another thought, IF you decided that we can carry over some items... Maybe make a rule that we can only carryover strictly vanilla items /blocks. It would still allow those of us on Elyssia to bring building materials and such for a decent start on the new server, but not be nearly as difficult for the staff to accomplish.

Also, I don't like this myself... But possibly have items to be transferred limited to the players inventory, i.e. the 4 rows of inventory. Or possibly the player inventory and ender chests?

If it feels like it would be too unfair to those who will be starting from Maestrea with nothing... Possibly even not allow empty shulker boxes to transfer?

Top Bottom