Future plans for Elyssia

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
Thanks for talking a lot of time to answer all our questions Soap. I did have a thought while reading through them. So, unfortunately, this means MORE questions....

1. Will we be able to have our Mithril items that we purchased, refunded/replaced after the update?

2. I had another thought, IF you decided that we can carry over some items... Maybe make a rule that we can only carryover strictly vanilla items /blocks. It would still allow those of us on Elyssia to bring building materials and such for a decent start on the new server, but not be nearly as difficult for the staff to accomplish.

Also, I don't like this myself... But possibly have items to be transferred limited to the players inventory, i.e. the 4 rows of inventory. Or possibly the player inventory and ender chests?

If it feels like it would be too unfair to those who will be starting from Maestrea with nothing... Possibly even not allow empty shulker boxes to transfer?
1. They will be refunded
2. That could be an option

We're planning to setup some sort of slow sync allowing players to only move a certain amount of items per day from Maestrea for the first month to ensure everyone gets a similar start.

Kidokit

Jun 9, 2019
1. They will be refunded
2. That could be an option

We're planning to setup some sort of slow sync allowing players to only move a certain amount of items per day from Maestrea for the first month to ensure everyone gets a similar start.
That would be awesome. I admit that I'm already sorting some of my supplies on Maestrea to bring to Elyssia. :D

I'll go ahead and take some screenshots of my Mithril items

Jun 9, 2019
Good thinking, I'll have it added

1. How do you mean start the process? we still have 28 tasks left before we can even start beta testing
2. When I say maybe or it sounds like I'm uncertain it's because I don't know. We still need to hold more sessions and discuss things
3. Can't have two worlds with different versions running on the same server, item sync will be extremely time consuming to setup due to material names changing, ids being removed, item id's inc_sack:9 doesn't work more, it's Lapiz_lazuli now, and we'd have to first figure out what and if we'll allow items being kept,
4. Good thinking, will do this now
5. not sure I follow here either, please clarify.
1,3 and 4 needed to be together. 4 alone just means there is no reason to play on Elyssia until the process is started at some future date. The purpose of 4 in my mind to make server resources available to run a 1.14 world at the same time as a 1.11 Elyssia. If that is not possible, then please do not shutdown resource.

5. Assumed that the reset occurs before everything was ported. That 1.14 started with a subset of the items finished porting. I assumed that items would be transferred from 1.11 world to the 1.14 world. Based on your posts it sounds like very little will be transferred except, rank, job and mcmmo status. In answer to another post you said "Money probably won't carry over. " So not even money will be transferred. I thought that as item's were finished being ported to 1.14, then those items could also be transferred from 1.11 to 1.14.

Jun 9, 2019
Soap,

Relative to the balances, two points.

First ./baltop did not give the balances of all the players, it did not include the meb bank balance. I have currently 5.75M "balance", and 146M "meb bank balance". Most players kept there money in the bank because when you die, 10% of your first balance is deleted for being killed. Last fall I hit 1.2Billion .

Second, the economy was balanced by the ranking up process. My current rank cost 1.2 Billion crux. Do you know how long it took to get that rank? Months and months of grinding and then luck, I won a HoS and sold it to another player for ~600 Million and that pushed my balance over the needed 1.2 Billion. If I had not sold the HoS it would have taken me twice as long (close to a year).

Next level for me is 2.4 Billion! Every rank double in price!

Cyram

Jun 6, 2019
If we can carry over some items, how about just removing the custom enchantments on some of them? I have several items which are very important for me and I wouldn't care if they were completely worthless.

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
That would be awesome. I admit that I'm already sorting some of my supplies on Maestrea to bring to Elyssia. :D

I'll go ahead and take some screenshots of my Mithril items
No need to screenshot them, we'll refund them from the store.

Also, there will be some restriction in the beginning on how many items you can move from Maestrea to new Elyssia to limit how much of a benefit players from Maestrea can move over. Planning a meeting this weekend with staff and content to discuss these things.

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
1,3 and 4 needed to be together. 4 alone just means there is no reason to play on Elyssia until the process is started at some future date. The purpose of 4 in my mind to make server resources available to run a 1.14 world at the same time as a 1.11 Elyssia. If that is not possible, then please do not shutdown resource.

5. Assumed that the reset occurs before everything was ported. That 1.14 started with a subset of the items finished porting. I assumed that items would be transferred from 1.11 world to the 1.14 world. Based on your posts it sounds like very little will be transferred except, rank, job and mcmmo status. In answer to another post you said "Money probably won't carry over. " So not even money will be transferred. I thought that as item's were finished being ported to 1.14, then those items could also be transferred from 1.11 to 1.14.
I'm gonna setup a resource world on the elyssia server that people can farm in instead, no need for a dedicated server to have resource world atm.
Gonna read through your original post and my reply, I think I'm losing some context here.

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
Soap,

Relative to the balances, two points.

First ./baltop did not give the balances of all the players, it did not include the meb bank balance. I have currently 5.75M "balance", and 146M "meb bank balance". Most players kept there money in the bank because when you die, 10% of your first balance is deleted for being killed. Last fall I hit 1.2Billion .

Second, the economy was balanced by the ranking up process. My current rank cost 1.2 Billion crux. Do you know how long it took to get that rank? Months and months of grinding and then luck, I won a HoS and sold it to another player for ~600 Million and that pushed my balance over the needed 1.2 Billion. If I had not sold the HoS it would have taken me twice as long (close to a year).

Next level for me is 2.4 Billion! Every rank double in price!
You're right, My baltop estimate was flawed, will try and sum all balances, think it didn't count towns either.

Kidokit

Jun 9, 2019
No need to screenshot them, we'll refund them from the store.

Also, there will be some restriction in the beginning on how many items you can move from Maestrea to new Elyssia to limit how much of a benefit players from Maestrea can move over. Planning a meeting this weekend with staff and content to discuss these things.
Thanks for that clarification :D will all things we purchased through the shop be refunded? Or just the tools?

I'm assuming you mean that you are going to decide some specifics to our questions in this weekend's staff meetings, if so, wonderful!

Thank you again for keeping us posted and valiantly dealing with our endless questions!

Digest

Jun 10, 2019
Has the resource been added or is not not set up yet?
Even if it were reduced in size to, say, 5k radius, we would be ecstatic. a smaller resource would reduce any lag that the previous (quite massive) resource may have caused.

Please don't shut the door on the few remaining loyal players on Elyssia. Without resource, there isn't much left for us to do.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
Even if it were reduced in size to, say, 5k radius, we would be ecstatic. a smaller resource would reduce any lag that the previous (quite massive) resource may have caused.

Please don't shut the door on the few remaining loyal players on Elyssia. Without resource, there isn't much left for us to do.
Got home late yesterday and didn't get to set it up. Will setup a world when I get home, will just make it 5k.

ElliotJD

Overseer
Staff member
Overseer
Jan 12, 2019
England
Tyvm Soap. Somebody in chat stated that Ely resource was gone for good, and I made the mistake of believing them. Cheers!
Unless it's a member of higher staff making statements like this, I would take anything stated with a pinch of salt. There's always plenty of false information floating around after big announcements like these.

Kidokit

Jun 9, 2019
Sort of a clarifying question here, when Elyssia is reset, will it be just like, another world our player can go to? Like shared inventory? Or will there esentially be two different 'players'? Also, huge question, I know how jobs are gonna be combined and such, but what about Mcmmo? Are our Mcmmo stats going to be merged? Like if my woodcutter on maestrea is higher than on Elyssia, will I have my maestrea woodcutter level ON Elyssia?

Jan 23, 2019
I wish I can get my house build, currency and jobs exp saved... those things are enough to me, but it will be nice if some of the items will be transferred too.

BTW: Do we need to make something prepared for this change? like we have to put our item into a certain chest or a certain place, or we need to find staff ingame to see our house and town?

Kidokit

Jun 9, 2019
I wish I can get my house build, currency and jobs exp saved... those things are enough to me, but it will be nice if some of the items will be transferred too.

BTW: Do we need to make something prepared for this change? like we have to put our item into a certain chest or a certain place, or we need to find staff ingame to see our house and town?
I believe Soap is going to have the world available for use with the mod Schematica, and that is how we are going to save our builds. Jobs levels are going to carry over, but I don't think the extra bit of experience past the level is. At the moment we are hoping to be able to carry over some items, but this has not been decided on just yet. Same with in game currency.

Jun 9, 2019
Given the amount of work that needs to be done, I am assuming that the reset will not happen for a while. Are we talking about 2-3 months, 6 months? A time frame would be nice to know.

Jun 23, 2019
Thanks for the update! awesome job you have there to meet all these new requirements.
I (being an Ely player ) would like to merge with Maestra completely... taking into account: rank/bank balance/perks/ and boxed items..... that would be the ideal situation... how many old Ely players are we talking about?

Jun 9, 2019
Thanks for the update! awesome job you have there to meet all these new requirements.
I (being an Ely player ) would like to merge with Maestra completely... taking into account: rank/bank balance/perks/ and boxed items..... that would be the ideal situation... how many old Ely players are we talking about?
On the "how many old Ely players are we talking about?" it is an interesting question that Soap will probably give a better answer because he can look at the server stats, but I am surprised by the number of people who keep dropping in to see what is going on. Most of the time there are only 1-5 people on Ely at a time. I think a lot of us have been in a holding pattern, playing some, but waiting to see what is going to happen. On that note, I think regular posts would really help keep people informed.

Top Bottom