Nerd
Staff member
Content Member
Helper
Jul 11, 2016
Australia
In-Game Name: sarahmigo
In-game rank: P3 Mythic & Emperor / Zephyr & Phoenix
Date Joined: 2 Aug 2018 (however I played pre-reset, unsure of exact date)
Do you have Discord: Yes! sarahmigo#9560
Timezone/Country: Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT + 10)
Earlier punishments: 7 day temp-ban for x-ray, I think that was back in mid-late 2019 (unsure exactly when this was though

Why should we pick you?
I have so much love and appreciation for the server and for our community. I feel that I have the skills and qualities required to be a positive addition to the moderation team, as I have a good understanding and knowledge of the server’s many intricacies including towny and skyblock, as well as a love for helping others. I get along well with people, and am warm and welcoming towards new players, helping them get started and making sure they find all the information they need. I am active in chat, and respond to questions and calls for help when I can. When I don’t have the information to answer a question, I do my best to help troubleshoot and/or find the correct information. I am always looking for opportunities to improve my knowledge and understanding, so if I don’t know the answer to a question - I pay attention and try to find out the answer, so I am able to better assist next time. I make sure I keep up to date with announcements on discord and the forums, as well as changes and updates that affect me and the teams that I’m in within my role on Content - so I know what’s happening around the server and what’s right around the corner for us. Being on the Content team has given me such a great and rewarding opportunity to see and be involved with some of the ‘behind-the-scenes’ stuff, and I really love working within the teams and with staff to deliver positive player experiences.

What would you do, if someone was;

Advertising: I would request that they stop immediately, and strongly encourage them to read our rules if they haven’t already. I would ensure they knew where to read the rules ingame and give them a chance to do so. I would specifically highlight the rule that applies to advertising. If they continue to advertise after being asked to stop, I would issue a warning and take note of the incident. If they do not listen and continue to be spammy and ruin other player’s experience on the server, I would continue to warn them as necessary, and try to get in touch with a higher staff member to assist in further actions required.

Swearing extensively: I would tell the player to stop swearing as much as they are, and advise that the language they are using is extensive and is therefore against our rules. I would advise that swearing should be kept to a minimum, and that they needed to be aware and courteous of others on the server. If the player was swearing at another player / being derogatory towards them, I would ensure the affected players were okay and try to find out what escalated the situation. If the player continues to swear extensively / doesn’t listen / is being derogatory towards other players, I would issue a warning. I would record all information required, and undertake appropriate actions to advise higher staff members of the situation, in case further action is required.

Auction Scamming/Boosting: I would advise the player involved that this is not acceptable on the server, and any attempts to scam / boost auctions should stop immediately. I would encourage them to read the rules if they haven’t done so already, highlighting the rule that covers scamming. If required, I would request they return any money / items gained illegitimately while scamming to their rightful owner. If a player was obviously auction boosting, I would advise that it is not acceptable and they need to stop immediately. If their actions persist, I would issue a warning, note down all information and undertake appropriate actions to advise upper staff of the situation in case further action is required.

Spamming: If ingame, I would request they stop immediately, and strongly encourage them to read the rules if they haven’t done so already, highlighting the rule on spamming. If they continue, I would issue a warning. If their spamming is extensive and is ruining other player’s experience, I would continue to warn as necessary and try to get in touch with a higher staff member to assist where further actions may be required. I would ensure all information was recorded. If the spamming was occurring on Discord or the Forums, I would immediately alert a higher staff member to assist with the situation.

Asking for help: I always do my best to help others where I can. I do my best to stay on top of what’s happening on the server and what’s around the corner, to give updated and correct information to players. I have a good knowledge and understanding of both towny and skyblock information, player commands, etc. and believe I am able to assist players who play on either or both servers.

When I’m not 100% confident in an answer, I will do my best to look into it first to make sure I am giving out correct information. If I am unable to find the information required, I will ask for assistance from a higher staff member - not only to make sure the player gets the help they are looking for, but also to improve my own knowledge for the future. Where a player may need help with replacing items, or other perms, issues, bugs, etc. I would refer them to our ticketing system via Discord so that they are able to get help quickly and effectively.

Arguing about religion/politics or another controversial subject: Everyone has a right to their own opinions of course, however conversations surrounding controversial subjects that could cause offense or upset should not be held in general on the server or in its public spaces. I would ask the players to stop the conversations in general and move on to a more appropriate topic. If they wanted to continue talking about such controversial subjects, I would request that they have those types of conversations in private so as to not offend or upset anyone in general, or potentially escalate any situations. If they do not listen and continue to discuss inappropriate subjects, I would issue those not listening with a warning and continue to do so as required, if they continue trying to engage in inappropriate conversations. I would ensure all information is recorded and advise higher staff members in case further actions are required.

Tp-killed: I would first get in touch with the affected player and ensure they are okay. I would then try and gather as much information about the situation as possible, to determine the best way I can help. I would advise the player who tp-killed that they have broken the rules, and request that they immediately return any items gained during the incident. I would record all information required and pass onto upper staff to undertake follow-up actions and consequences. If the player who tp-killed does not willingly return the items, I would ask that the affected player create a ticket so that their items can be returned to them.

Thank you so much for considering my application! :D

Houdini

Nerd
Staff member
Content Member
Jan 20, 2019
Maestrea
Hey there Sarah!

We have received your application and it is currently in the review/discussion process. We'll post more when a decision has been reached!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom