Hopper limit

mmorton89

Known Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hey, I am a redstone builder and I feel like my kind of play style is not wanted on this server. I was working on an item sorter for my base on maestrea and found out there is a 64 hopper limit in a 3x3 chunk radius... so obviously I could not make a item sorter for my base because of this limit.

I also noticed that hoppers do not act like vanilla hoppers on the server. The hopper settings have been messed with, screwing up a lot of my redstone machines that use hoppers.

Honestly 64 hoppers in a 9 chunk diameter is kinda low. First if you have neighbors in the chunk right next to you they can eat up all the hopper limits without you even placing a single hopper. Second for a redstone builder, 64 hoppers is not alot. A single super smelter can easily eat up most that limit and thats just 1 machine, an item sorter will easily eat up more than 64 hoppers and that is the limit for 9 whole chunks, not just the 1 chunk.

Is there any way to increase this limit or add a donation rank that raises the limit for the donor? I already have donated several times on this server because I do like this server (except the redstone discrimination) and I would have no problem donating for a rank that allows me to play minecraft the way I like to.

FracturedDream

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Dec 26, 2018
Hi there mmorton! Unfortunately that limit is in place due to the amount of lag hoppers create. Hopper function is altered for the same reason. But even with those alterations, hoppers can cause enormous amounts of lag very easily. There is no way to increase the hopper limit as it isnt meant to be a perk, but rather a protection for the server.

mmorton89

Known Member
Jan 3, 2019
Dang that sucks, I was hoping there was a way around this limit via donor rank or something. Because like I said, I'm trying to build some machines and farms and I keep running into this hopper limit and it's limiting me and my redstone builds.

Top Bottom