Murderfishland
In-game name: HoudiniJD
in-game Rank: Titan P1, Emperor
Date Joined : Aug 3, 2018
Do you have discord? : Yes I do, Houdini#8472
Timezone/country: Germany, CEST

Earlier punishments: Tp-Killing, Lying to a staff member, pre-reset

Why we should pick you:
I have a great knowledge of the server's commands and plugins and have a love for our community. I enjoy helping players new and existing, to improve their server experience and help contribute positively to the community overall. I am very active in chat, and help wherever I can. If I am not sure how to help someone in the moment they need it, I work on improving my knowledge and understanding to ensure I am able to better help in the future. I really enjoy showing players around the server, linking posts from the forums where needed, teaching players useful commands and showcasing fun little features of Mae that may have been previously undiscovered for them. This is why I think I possess the needed experience, skills and capabilities to become a part of the Maestrea's Staff Team.

What would you do, if someone was:
- Advertising another server: If someone was joining and instantly spamming chat with invitations, and showing that they just came here to troll and advertise - I would start off with a warning. I would advise them that it is against our rules, and they should go and check out our /rules before continuing. I would also point them in the direction of the rules page on the forums, for a more detailed list of what is allowed and what is not. After interacting with the player, I would immediately notify a Moderator+ and brief them about the situation in case further actions are required.

- Swearing extensively: Swearing extensively is against Maestrea's rules, which is why I would start by giving the player a verbal warning. I would let them know that they need to settle down, as they are not abiding by the server's rules. I would also follow up with a private message to the player / players involved advising that in future swearing should be kept to a minimum. Depending on the severity of the swearing, I would possibly encourage the player/s to re-read our rules. I would then go ahead and discreetly find out what the situation was, and why it possibly escalated the way it did. I would then make sure the player/s involved had moved on from the subject to avoid players / chat from flaring up again. If required, I would give multiple verbal warnings before taking any further action. If they continue their swearing / inappropriate language, I would issue an official warning and contact a Moderator+ about the whole situation.

- Auction Scamming/Boosting: When it comes to someone auction scamming, I would try and resolve the situation by first informing the player that it is not allowed on our server and that it goes against the rules. I would tell them where they can find the rules and encourage them to re-read them if they needed to. Afterwards, I would ensure that the items / money are returned to the rightful owner. When it comes to auction boosting, I would follow the same format as previously described. If issues were to continue in both of these scenarios - I would give an official warning and contact a higher-ranking staff member to assist me in handling the situation.

- Spamming: If someone starts spamming - may it be on the forums, discord or playing ingame - I would issue a verbal warning and let them know that it is against our rules. I'd refer the player to our in-game rules as well as the full list located on the forums. If the player persists, I would issue an official warning and make sure to let a Moderator+ know about the situation.

- Asking for help: If someone asks for help, I am always going to try and help them - whether it be with ingame information / commands, discord or on the forums. If I can't help, I would make sure to find a higher staff member who is able to better assist or who may have more power to fix possible issues. If the issue seems like it would be better addressed via a ticket, I would guide the player through the ticket process on Discord.

- Arguing about religion/politics or another controversial subject: If a player starts talking about religion or any other controversial subject that has the potential to upset or offend another player, I would start with providing a verbal warning. I would tell the offending player to read our rules and keep discussion topics of a sensitive nature off the server, or if necessary keep them contained to private messages. If the player continues, I would go ahead and issue an official warning and once again strongly encourage them to read our rules. If the player does not listen or continues with inappropriate discussion topics, I would seek assistance from a higher staff member

- Tp-killed: When it comes to tp-killing, I would firstly make sure to contact the affected player to make sure they are okay. I would try to gather as much information as possible, so I can record the details of the instance for evidence where required. I would politely contact the offending player, and inform them that the actions they have taken were not allowed and went against our rules, and that any items that were taken will need to be returned. If the offending player doesn't listen, I will guide the affected player to create a ticket via Discord so that further action can be taken. I would then ensure that higher staff are alerted to the situation

Thank you for your consideration.
I hope to hear from you soon!

Best Regards
- HoudiniJD

Last edited:

LunaAki

The Magical Unicorn
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Feb 5, 2018
Application approved, welcome to the team!
Contact an Admin+ to begin your promotion process =)

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom