Improvement to Diver

Pinkjemm

Jan 23, 2019
Diver as a job seems lacking and it seems like its purpose was to make a job for the 1.13 update , yet it does not have many actions that incentivize the player to explore the sea.

My suggestion is to add these actions:

Break:
- Coral
- Seapickle

Kill:
- Drowned
- Fish

Craft:
- Conduit
- Kelp Block

Smelt:
- Kelp

Breed:
- Turtles

Downside: With the smelting action it would have to be balanced enough to not motivate players to afk with big auto smelting system, like the cook job, but still let the player have that option to earn money from it.

Diver seems quite an unfavorable job to most, but adding this may change that. Thank you

Pinkjemm

Jan 23, 2019
I think break coral should not be in job .. we need to keep corals a live, maby eaven do negative payment if you break corals with that job :p
i mean we excavate the ground, dig up deserts and kill innocent mob as our job, why not just add coral to our list of things to deplete the world of its resoure lol

X_Storm

Nov 19, 2016
SeaWorld ;)
i mean we excavate the ground, dig up deserts and kill innocent mob as our job, why not just add coral to our list of things to deplete the world of its resoure lol
whay no .. beacouse that is maestrea and they can do that :p , and there is limited coral areas, if you get paid to break them, soon there wont be any areas anymore, and since @BlueSoapTurtle says "NO WORLD RESET", we need to think on future as well. :p :p

FracturedDream

Staff member
Content Member
Dec 26, 2018
I like the idea of adding coral and sea pickles to diver as well as fish and drowned. Can I ask why dolphin was left out though? Seems like it would fit in nicely to diver. Conduits are definitely in line with the diver job and I see no downside to adding crafting them to paid actions, but I don't know that they will be terribly beneficial to the job. There's just not a lot of use for them and getting the ingredients for them is a hassle. I don't know how I feel about smelting kelp. It technically creates a food which makes it fit more with cook in my opinion. I also see severe problems with crafting kelp blocks being a paid action as you can craft them back into dried kelp and keep getting paid for the same 9 dried kelp indefinitely.

All the yes to breeding turtles. I shall have a turtle army and be paid for making it!

Pinkjemm

Jan 23, 2019
I like the idea of adding coral and sea pickles to diver as well as fish and drowned. Can I ask why dolphin was left out though? Seems like it would fit in nicely to diver. Conduits are definitely in line with the diver job and I see no downside to adding crafting them to paid actions, but I don't know that they will be terribly beneficial to the job. There's just not a lot of use for them and getting the ingredients for them is a hassle. I don't know how I feel about smelting kelp. It technically creates a food which makes it fit more with cook in my opinion. I also see severe problems with crafting kelp blocks being a paid action as you can craft them back into dried kelp and keep getting paid for the same 9 dried kelp indefinitely.

All the yes to breeding turtles. I shall have a turtle army and bue paid for making it!
Who would want the kill dolphins D: ?
If you want to consider that then add turtles to the killing list too. It's cruel but I guess we earn money from killing parrots and other wild life. Lol

FracturedDream

Staff member
Content Member
Dec 26, 2018
Turtles don't steal my fish when I'm fishing in spawn! Dolphins may look cute and adorable but they are evil.
But I guess if we have ocelots for rancher we can add turtles too.

Top Bottom