In Regards to rules

Leo

Feb 24, 2016
America
Current List of Rules In-game with /Rules:
Detailed rules can be seen at forum.maestrea.com/threads/server-rules.287
[1] No cheating, hacking or exploiting bugs.
[2] No racist, homophobic, political or religious remarks
[3] Keep swearing to a minimum and don't advertise or spam
[4] No anti-afk farms/machines.
[5] Do not disrespect or harass players or staff.
[6] Do not grief unclaimed land within 64 blocks of a town.
[7] Do not abuse the disarm ability.
[8] Scamming and tp-killing is not allowed.
[9] Keep the public chat in English.
[10] Don't overuse hoppers, limit of 200 per player.
[11] Don't use minecarts in mob grinders to push mobs.

Yellow: Elaborate
Green: Good
Rule #4: People have a hard time understanding what is and is not allowed. Some people (Including Staff) have said afk fish farms are alright, as long as you're at your computer, But others have said it is not authorized. (This will be explained more on the in-depth rules.)
Rule #6: This rule is such a bitch, I feel it needs to be changed and adjusted. As it stands right now. People are acting as if everything external to their town within 64 blocks is safeguarded. But that's not the case. I think we should modify it so that the Natural boarder outside a town cannot be griefed I.E Terrain grief. This way, No one can complain about their town being griefed. Especially if they built outside the border limit.
Rule #7: Make sure we make a note that if you disarm someone in PVP you must return the item, however, this could result in being problematic, because if you kill someone in the world and take their stuff. Technically, it's yours. But if you disarm someone before killing them, is it still yours?

-Note: Rule #2 should also include No-caps in excess

Additionally we should add:
Rule #12: Player Responsibility is on you, Be mindful of All rules
On the forums, make note that you can only use the %item% thing in market, and moderately

Last edited:

Jazilla79

May 28, 2016
US
So here I go:
#4 - As I see it, if the player is not afk ( AWAY from the keyboard) then technically they are not afk.

#6 - This is tricky. Reason, only natural boarder is fine but what if someone doesn't break the natural boarder but creates a big ass nazi symbol, are they still griefing?

I do think you are correct in that a lot of players are using the 64 block rule as an extension of their town and protections. I think something in the rules should be added saying players should not expect 64 block rule to keep lootables (ie wheat, carrot, melon, etc farms or tree farms or animal pens) from being looted. Looting is not the same as griefing. I also have an idea for the 64 block rule but I will add to suggestions threads.

#7 - Everyone has the ability to level up unarmed skills. If you choose to pvp, face the consequences that go with pvp.

#12 - Common sense ain't as common as it used to be.

This is just my opinion, please don't hang me for it.

joey101998

Devoted Member
Sep 24, 2016
My issue with this is that there
So here I go:
#4 - As I see it, if the player is not afk ( AWAY from the keyboard) then technically they are not afk.

#6 - This is tricky. Reason, only natural boarder is fine but what if someone doesn't break the natural boarder but creates a big ass nazi symbol, are they still griefing?

I do think you are correct in that a lot of players are using the 64 block rule as an extension of their town and protections. I think something in the rules should be added saying players should not expect 64 block rule to keep lootables (ie wheat, carrot, melon, etc farms or tree farms or animal pens) from being looted. Looting is not the same as griefing. I also have an idea for the 64 block rule but I will add to suggestions threads.

#7 - Everyone has the ability to level up unarmed skills. If you choose to pvp, face the consequences that go with pvp.

#12 - Common sense ain't as common as it used to be.

This is just my opinion, please don't hang me for it.
So here are my thoughts on what u said jazilla <3
#4 the issue come down due are they actually paying attention. If u r at your keyboard but are tabbed out and have an afk Machine on and don't see that staff are trying to contact u and u get banned for it that's on you.
#6 things like nazi symbols and giant f u signs rt outside player towns would fall under racism and harassment. People who build structures outside of towns that are clearly offensive will still be punished. Also I have seen quite a few towns that have their farms outside their claims but within the 64 block limit.
#7 the issue is that a long time ago the unarmed chance used to be super high and people would top to players unarm them and then runaway. This is not very plausible nowadays as the unarmed chance is capped at something like 1.25%. So in all honesty rule 7 is kinda unnecessary nowadays.
#12 what's common sense

Jazilla79

May 28, 2016
US
My issue with this is that there

So here are my thoughts on what u said jazilla <3
#4 the issue come down due are they actually paying attention. If u r at your keyboard but are tabbed out and have an afk Machine on and don't see that staff are trying to contact u and u get banned for it that's on you.
#6 things like nazi symbols and giant f u signs rt outside player towns would fall under racism and harassment. People who build structures outside of towns that are clearly offensive will still be punished. Also I have seen quite a few towns that have their farms outside their claims but within the 64 block limit.
#7 the issue is that a long time ago the unarmed chance used to be super high and people would top to players unarm them and then runaway. This is not very plausible nowadays as the unarmed chance is capped at something like 1.25%. So in all honesty rule 7 is kinda unnecessary nowadays.
#12 what's common sense
#4 - if staff is trying to contact you and you aren't paying attention, you are away from you key board in the sense that you aren't interacting with the game.

#6 - Just because a lot of towns have farms outside of their claimed plots doesn't make it right. It just shows how many are exploiting the unclaimed area. If it is loot, it should be looted. If its buildings and land, it is griefing.

#12 - (Player Responsibility is on you, Be mindful of All rules) This to me is common sense.

joey101998

Devoted Member
Sep 24, 2016
#4 - if staff is trying to contact you and you aren't paying attention, you are away from you key board in the sense that you aren't interacting with the game.

#6 - Just because a lot of towns have farms outside of their claimed plots doesn't make it right. It just shows how many are exploiting the unclaimed area. If it is loot, it should be looted. If its buildings and land, it is griefing.

#12 - (Player Responsibility is on you, Be mindful of All rules) This to me is common sense.
#4 but there should be nothing urgent that staff needs to contact u about while u r afk except an afk machine.
#6 the new rule 6 would make it so that farms are not protected. Also buildings should not be protected either. If u don't want to build it in your town don't build it unless u r ok with possible grief. People should have more than enough claims for what they want and if then recruit new members. Only terrain grief should be considered true grief
#12 I was kidding

Apr 10, 2017
I think that rule 6 should only include natural terrain as right now claiming one plot technically claims a large area around it within 64 blocks, a fact which many seem to use to their advantage. If people want to protect their stuff, they should have to claim it, not rely on rule 6 to protect it.

Jazilla79

May 28, 2016
US
#4 but there should be nothing urgent that staff needs to contact u about while u r afk except an afk machine.
#6 the new rule 6 would make it so that farms are not protected. Also buildings should not be protected either. If u don't want to build it in your town don't build it unless u r ok with possible grief. People should have more than enough claims for what they want and if then recruit new members. Only terrain grief should be considered true grief
#12 I was kidding
#4 - I know what I am thinking but its hard to put in words without going into a really wordy explanation.

#6 - completely agree

#12 - Damn, I read it as you asking what I was refering to and not what is common sense itself. FACE PALM

Top Bottom