Items Post-Reset Update 1

Kl0zer

Mar 30, 2019
Michigan, United States
Items Post-Reset Update 1
Hello, people of Maestrea! As you are aware, there is a reset coming to Maestrea. With the reset, there will be many major changes. While I cannot reveal all the changes, what I can do is inform you of some of the changes coming to many, if not all of, Maestrea’s custom items. You can expect updates like these on a semi-regular basis from the items team to help keep the community up to date and involved with changes that will be coming post-reset. Before I get into the changes, let me preface them by saying that these are not final. These changes are currently in the process of discussion and planning meaning they may be scrapped at any point. These aren’t just random ideas, but they also are not confirmed to be implemented when the reset rolls around.

Tiers
The different tiers of items are a key part of Maestrea. However, they are quite confusing. Between many tiers being unused to some just being the exact strength of another tier but a different name. With the reset, we intend to rework every tier of item and add some new ones while removing others. Each tier will be much more balanced in that we will have a set power cap for each one to avoid power creep while keeping progression more linear. That way each tier up makes you feel more powerful than the previous. Below is a current proposed list of the tiers of custom items. Remember that with each tier you go up, the strength of the item and difficulty to obtain will go up as well.
- Shady Bottle Tier 1
- Shady Bottle Tier 2
- Shady Bottle Tier 3
- Shady Bottle Tier 4
- Relic
- Arcana
- Archaic
- Celestial

Upgrades
Currently, you are very limited in upgrading your items. There are sockets with runes and scrolls. But other than that, charms, and a few other very specific ways, upgrading your item feels painful. We asked ourselves why and the answer was relic and arcana re-rolling. We want to remove re-rolling entirely in favor of a less RNG-based way to improve your items. Instead of re-rolling many, if not all, tiers of items will be able to be leveled up. Instead of paying essence to get random stat changes, it will be a way to pay essence to simply improve the item, rather than chancing the changes. This means that maxed-out items will be much more obtainable and allow you to feel like you are improving your items rather than gambling them.

Conclusion
I know this was fairly short but I think there is a lot of information here. There has been much more that has been discussed but we aren’t quite ready to share the ideas yet until they are further fleshed out. I hope you learned something and if you have any feedback, feel free to reply to this thread or discuss in the 1.18 discussion channel on the Maestrea Discord.

If you have ideas of your own, feel free to share them. If you want to be more hands-on with discussion and improvements for the reset, click here to apply to our content teams. Items Team is looking for new members and we’d love a creative, hard-working, out-of-the-box thinker to join our team.

Kl0zer

Mar 30, 2019
Michigan, United States
I didn't think that like anyone liked them on like staff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Balance changes are not done due to the personal preference of some staff members. If a staff member doesn't like an item it doesn't mean it gets removed. Unless it is said in an official items post, it is just a rumor. Best not to assume but rather wait for updates as they come.

Top Bottom