Disrespect Kingwither

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Malekie

Reaction score
Offender: Kingwither
Offense: Disrespect and Harassment

This morning I had a little issue with Kingwither using a donator's perk, I was trying to fish so I used the /rain command to increase fish bite. However when I turned it on, someone kept turning it off so I asked Sierra if I was breaking any rules or anything of the sort and she told me no I was fine. So for the next 5 minutes I kept turning it on while someone turned it off. I asked Sierra if she knew who it was so that I could tell them why I was using the rain and if it was effecting them how they could download optifine to turn off rain effects. She couldn't tell but like myself she suspected it was Kingwither, when I asked him I got a sarcastic remark, then I tried to explain to him that if he downloaded optifine he could change it so weather didn't effect his computer but he wasn't listening. I was just going to drop it, but then Kingwither started bragging about how he was turning it off and how I had no use for it.

I screen shot the images of the logs and drew a little line to the pertinent information from them, wasn't sure if I could just put the logs in here to be downloaded or not, though Sierra was on at the time that this was happening so she does have the logs if they need to be reviewed or I can email them to whomever they need to be.

The first image is of my quick discussion with Sierra about who was turning it off and what not, while the second image is Kingwither calling me a Dick for turning the rain on, which though childish and doesn't really bother me is a clear sign of disrespect for other players. Also in this picture another player even tells Kingwither to go to a desert so it doesn't effect him, which he states he was in a desert showing that this was less about his computer performance and more about harassing another player. The third image is Kingwither stating the time and how he was just there to turn the rain off, along with how I was just wasting my time and he was turning it off, while Sierra comments that its probably being turned on because someone was fishing. The last image is of me telling everyone that I was turning the rain on for fishing and that I would make a tutorial on how to use optifine so that the rain wasn't an issue, which is followed by Kingwither declaring that he was leaving and for everyone to RIP in endless rain. Then he proceeded to say, "Fuck that guy," twice because we didn't get it the first time again showing disrespect.

Ban Report Kingwither Logs

This isn't the first time Kingwither has been disrespectful and I feel his actions were less about his frame rates and more about harassing me. Now I am sorry that he plays on a computer that can't handle Minecraft that must really suck for him, but I shouldn't be limited to the use of one of the perks for donating just because he doesn't want me to. I wasn't using it in excess, heck I hadn't even started to use it when he repeatedly turned it off. If it had seriously effected him, he really just needed to say so instead of being disrespectful and taking it from a simple problem into him harassing me.

SC016

Reaction score
I was online at the time, so I'm gonna contribute to this.

So King was toggling the rain. Okay, annoying, I get it. Sure, he could go out of his way to get Optifine. Now, I don't want to point fingers, but I definitely do not recall King saying "fuck that guy". At all. Sure, I might just have a bad memory. But still.

He doesn't target people. He just gets frustrated at rain because (and I quote) "I'm on college wifi and I lag so hard xD". He was visible getting annoyed in town chat.

Your case does make good points, but to be honest (this might be me being biased), I don't think he should get banned for this. Even if he does, it should only be a day, because for god sake, he didn't want to lag. Also, he couldn't have been in a desert, because otherwise how would he know that it was raining?

EDIT: Also, other people were having problems with the rain, so it was practically 2 against 1 (King & KlopFish vs you).

ShadowSquid96

Reaction score
I don't think King should be banned for this either, but i also don't think this should just be let go. Malekie is right, if he paid for a donator perk, he should be allowed to use it as he pleases. There is, to be honest, no other counter argument, because there is an easy and accessible way to get rid of the rain, and that is to install optifine. If you don't like something, and theres an easy way around it that benifits you in more ways than one, you should use it. King should install optifine to get rid of the rain and so he stops running into problems like "my computer is lagging." We even have a forums post with a link to a video explaining how to download the mod which i will link here

http://forum.maestrea.com/threads/optifine-and-how-it-can-help-your-computer.1053/

Nikko

Reaction score
A ban won't be given out for this, however KingWither will be given a warning. As for the clash of donator perks, theres nothing we can really do about that given both players payed for those perks. Maybe a cool-down and/or restriction set on the changing of weather would be a good solution. About optifine, it is a great solution for rain-induced lag. But you can't force a player into getting a mod for the sake of yourself, as its his decision. He's playing with Vanilla Minecraft, and if he doesn't want mods, thats his decision.
Issue resolved.
Thread closed.

Sir_Malekie

Reaction score
Even in a desert you can still hear lightning and the /rain toggle causes lightning. I'm not here to get in a pissing match with people, read the logs that I posted its right there, perhaps if you had you would see half your points are wrong SCO16. He did say what he said, he even stated he was there to turn the rain off. Before I placed this Ban report I went and checked to see if Kingwither had other ban reports, I probably would have let it go if it were the first time, but its not he has had 2 other ban reports put in on him, one for commenting about someones mom and another for TP-Killing a player. I'm not going to post those because the past is in the past, I only mention them because it does show a pattern and thus I feel justified in turning in a report. I'm not the one that decides punishment for misdeeds that's the staff's decision. Perhaps the if the staff wants to look a bit more into this they could review those Town Chat logs as well.

The point here is that he was disrespectful and I felt harassed and its not the first time he has done this to players.

Status
Not open for further replies.