Maestrea Build Battles

14i

Known Member
Apr 30, 2016
Short Description: 5,10,15 and 30 min build battles in which players are allowed to compete against each other in a variety of themes that are judged by the event runner

Long Description: This is a rough idea but thought id get the thought out there, in my days of moderating on a creative build team recruitment server, we used to run friendly build battles as friendly competition, I was thinking we could do something similar in plugin form or manually

PLUGIN

- Simple command can be run by the Event starter /bbattle start <time>- Would then make a server announcement saying build battle will commence in <x> mins
- Players could then sign up for taking part with /battle join and they would join a waiting list
- When countdown is finished players would be teleported to individual 32x32 or 16x16 plots where a random or predefined theme and time is chosen
- Battle will end when time does
- Players then vote on the winner
- Event runner gets a more powerful vote than the players (as to how powerful idk)
- Depending on the number of participants towny prizes will be cascaded down, more contestants = Higher tier prizes for the winner

Maybe a cooldown on how many can be run a day/week. Prizes scaled according to the rarity of battles

Obviously, i have no history in coding for MC or running a server so I don't know if this would work or how easy it would be to code or find a similar plugin

MANUAL

- Event runner can announce in chat they will be running a build battle on bbattle world (or just create a battle arena for freebuild)
- Runner asks participants to stand on an empty 16x16 or 32x32 plot
- runner goes around claiming the plots in the name of the participants standing on them
- Runner announces time of battle and theme
- When time runs out the Runner will determine the winner
- Prize is given to the winner

Manual is obviously a bit more user intensive

How is it beneficial: Adds fun competition to the creative scene. Another way for players to gain some bonus items

What can be possible downsides?: Custom coding, needing someone with authority to give fair prizes out.

Its a rough idea but think it has some potential, however, i don't know what I don't know when it comes to coding and compatibility etc so this may be incredibly difficult or impossible to do

Rontu

Apr 17, 2017
Just adding my input but, another con would be that because of players voting, people who are building could pay players and or the runner to vote for them. :/ It’s a pretty rude thing to do, but there’s still a possibility that players may do this.

14i

Known Member
Apr 30, 2016
Just adding my input but, another con would be that because of players voting, people who are building could pay players and or the runner to vote for them. :/ It’s a pretty rude thing to do, but there’s still a possibility that players may do this.
The runner would be staff, and the idea behind giving them a weighted vote was to counteract such behavior.

I should also clarify I'm not saying Mythic rewards should be available, I was thinking more about minor rewards that still hold value. Ofc the rewards would have to be decided by upper management as what is best.

Zevira

Devoted Member
May 18, 2016
I feel like this is better fun as an event that a normal player starts up.
It has been done that way a couple times in the past

-Its more a game for minigame servers
-Unfair advantage for players that want to join but cant at the timing of the event

But if this as official serverevent gets launched by staff. Some might not be able to join in due to timezones.

Most other small events, (races, droppartys, hide&seek) held by players &/or staff are usually personal. Wich often work out good enough.

How much I like this idea, it be like adding ctf, spleef, bedwars and many more of minigames

ParadiddlePride

May 22, 2017
While a cool idea, I would say implementing it in your own person town might be more beneficial. For example, you could do the following:
A) Gather a few people, assign them one plot each, and tell them the theme. They'll have 15 minutes to build using their own materials (perhaps set up a shop nearby?)
B) give out the plots and give players a set amount of materials based around the theme. It'll challenge them to get creative with how they use the items.

This will give you the freedom to set your own rules and rewards, without needing staff to be free or a plugin to be written.

AgB4ck

Known Member
Jan 24, 2017
I like this idea. I have been thinking about this for a while and have a few ideas of how this mini contest could be run. Like all events where there are placement winners it is hard to make a time that suits everyone. Although my idea will be manually run maybe once per week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom