Main World Reset for Caves and Cliffs Update

Would You Want a Full World Reset For The Caves And Cliffs Update Next Summer?

• Total voters
Mar 27, 2020
Either way, Maestrea would have to be reset at some point, and not resetting it would keep driving the playerbase to leave by: 1. Players not having anything to do as they built everything. 2. New players being discouraged by the extreme amount of wealth that most players have, and how much progression others have made. I think using this new update would be a great time to revitalize the server, and maybe overwork some things such as jobs.

ElliotJD

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jan 12, 2019
England
Oooor, we can finally merge everything from Ely to Mae fully instead of have two towny worlds. This would be a massive opportunity to get everything merged fully. We could have larger player counts on a single world instead of split, and nobody would have to abandon one server or another if everyone moves together. Taking builds with us could be an option, but those who want to take them should consider starting something new. I personally wouldn’t know if I would take my tower with me because I’m already making new build plans for the update. I’m excited to do something new and there’s enough time to finish what I want to do on Mae before next summer.
The idea is to merge for total feature parity but keep the two worlds for improved performance (split the load between both). Elyssia isn't just around because it has some content Mae doesn't, so regardless of this we'll still have both Elyssia and Maestrea hence my idea to have one be the new map and one not rather than both just being the same thing.

LightIcePlayz

Known Member
Content Member
Jul 31, 2018
Personally I wouldn’t mind a reset, I’ve suggested one in the past before the server got reset due to issues. The problem with a reset is all the efforts lost. Players spend hours upon hours on builds that I don’t think they could bare to part with. A reset which would definitely get a lot new players on would also in return make Maestrea lost old time players. Another issue with the reset is that if we did do a world reset I would prefer a item reset as well so players start anew, this would be very controversial among plays who have spent months collecting items. Personally I’ve spent the last 6 months gathering items for my Museum and would hate to lose them. My Perfect idea for a reset would be a new world where players can transfer builds if wanted to, and to have a semi items reset. Basically we get to keep a certain amount of items and see how that go. Anyways this is getting long and I feel like I’m rambling nonsense so imma stop now.

KingWither

Feb 21, 2016
The idea is to merge for total feature parity but keep the two worlds for improved performance (split the load between both). Elyssia isn't just around because it has some content Mae doesn't, so regardless of this we'll still have both Elyssia and Maestrea hence my idea to have one be the new map and one not rather than both just being the same thing.
The problem there though is deciding which one gets reset. Ely had overall lower numbers but now Mae is getting lower numbers as well. Whichever resets, there’s going to be a good number of people who have to “start over” while others don’t. That’s why I think resetting both might be good, especially with parity.

KingWither

Feb 21, 2016
Personally I wouldn’t mind a reset, I’ve suggested one in the past before the server got reset due to issues. The problem with a reset is all the efforts lost. Players spend hours upon hours on builds that I don’t think they could bare to part with. A reset which would definitely get a lot new players on would also in return make Maestrea lost old time players. Another issue with the reset is that if we did do a world reset I would prefer a item reset as well so players start anew, this would be very controversial among plays who have spent months collecting items. Personally I’ve spent the last 6 months gathering items for my Museum and would hate to lose them. My Perfect idea for a reset would be a new world where players can transfer builds if wanted to, and to have a semi items reset. Basically we get to keep a certain amount of items and see how that go. Anyways this is getting long and I feel like I’m rambling nonsense so imma stop now.
I guess now would be a time to mention that I’ve been a part of a limited server reset before with another server. What we did then was have everyone pack a double chest or two full of everything they wanted to take with them to the new world. Then staff world edited it over with all the permissions still attached and had them in spawn for like a month after the reset. Anything left inside was auctioned off to everyone else at the end of the month. We could do something similar or just transfer enderchest/inventory/vault/etc. data, which would still be a SIGNIFICANT amount of items brought over. Maybe even give everyone temporary vault access/ec/backpacks for the move.

LightIcePlayz

Known Member
Content Member
Jul 31, 2018
Maestrea is still way more popular then Ely maybe resetting it would be best and having all player items be sent to Maestrea by mail

KingWither

Feb 21, 2016
Maestrea is still way more popular then Ely maybe resetting it would be best and having all player items be sent to Maestrea by mail
I’d honestly much rather have Maestrea restart plus getting parity from Ely. And having Ely restart as well would be fair, because people would just move everything to Ely in a fake storage town and then take EVERYTHING with them to the new Mae. We can’t do one without the other. It’s just a world reset and we can take items with us, or not. It’s both or nothing honestly.

Xemnian

Known Member
Jan 20, 2017
Would private worlds be considered protected builds or rather donator perks in this reset? Hell I’d clear chests through it if it meant my little world carried over.

KingWither

Feb 21, 2016
Would private worlds be considered protected builds or rather donator perks in this reset? Hell I’d clear chests through it if it meant my little world carried over.
This is sort of why I wanted to discuss this super early so staff can give us a heads up as to what to expect or to float propositions. In my mind I would want it to be fair to everyone, which would be a set number of items you can take with you and a full world reset on both servers. But it gets really messy when we consider builds and private worlds and all of that. I would go out on a limb and also suggest maybe making a third towny world, but that wouldn’t make me want to just abandon my old stuff and move it all there unless I could take it with me. The only way I would leave it behind is if everyone did so and we all took a step into the dark together like before. But with preparation and a voice as to how it happens.

ProjectKO

Known Member
Apr 29, 2016
I mean, I don't think Towny needs to be reset, We have a resource world for a reason. I get that there are reasons for a reset but the Towny world (besides the reset to fix the issues that happened) has always been the same world, I've always gone off that if I want the new blocks for my town or my plot, I go to resource to get the materials for it, and that has never been a problem to go do. We lost a lot of people from last reset because of all the hours spent making their towns and building them up and expanding were lost. Like someone said above if the world gets reset again I'm out, I came to Maestrea to keep what I have made there, not for it to disappear with the snap of the fingers.

X_Storm

Nov 19, 2016
SeaWorld ;)
I have big smile on my face while reading this, and big sad face at same time, IDK who remembers Zubix he had so big storage of unique items, old items and everything, that he lost on reset, he never got back to play, at end IDK why maestrea need 2 towny worlds, yea IK ely has some things different, tho anyway, at world reset and keep private worlds would not be fair to players without private worlds ... well never will be OK for all of us, what about, if we just get world border expand, and new chunks will generate in new seed, new version, and we keep everything, players can get new place to build towns ... IDK, just must say that I joind mae 4 years ago just beacouse of "no world reset", almost quited here when worlds reset 2 years ago, and I still do not belive on "error" (sorry soap, tho i do not), im my case that would be best thing to do

KingWither

Feb 21, 2016
I mean, I don't think Towny needs to be reset, We have a resource world for a reason. I get that there are reasons for a reset but the Towny world (besides the reset to fix the issues that happened) has always been the same world, I've always gone off that if I want the new blocks for my town or my plot, I go to resource to get the materials for it, and that has never been a problem to go do. We lost a lot of people from last reset because of all the hours spent making their towns and building them up and expanding were lost. Like someone said above if the world gets reset again I'm out, I came to Maestrea to keep what I have made there, not for it to disappear with the snap of the fingers.
The point was for the new world generation with Caves and Cliffs, it changes fundamental parts of the world. It’s like if we waited until now to get the ocean generations or we did the nether update in like a year. Missing out on HUGE amounts of content, but this time it would be in the main world. Resource won’t be the same, just exploring, not LIVING in it.

Apr 13, 2020
www.jmusselman.dev
a voluntary item wipe may be be a good idea as it will reduce the amount of items that I agree are getting to be too many of them... but I also understand the collection creators we have so it should be a choice of the people but with the fundamental way world generation is changed I believe that we need a new world or at least one of them reset... maybe make the new world the default Maestrea world and ty e old one can stay for those who want to stay.

Apr 13, 2020
www.jmusselman.dev
Then to reduce burden to staff there should be a limited time to make a ticket to get things transferred if you wanted it to (towns and builds (and maybe like a limit of 2-4)) the item limit I am less sure of the ability to regulate as of the variables but a voluntary wipe could be just auctioning all your stuff away(a benefit to collectors looking for rare items) while also setting you up to have plenty of funding in a new town.

LightIcePlayz

Known Member
Content Member
Jul 31, 2018
I see how a new world would benefit new and old players alike. Although resetting Maestrea which could turn out good would cause to much anarchy and the leaving of players. The best bet of getting a new world would to be completely resetting the Ely server. The lack of player base there would allow a wipe whiteout much complaint and for the few who settle there they can probably get their items and towns moved. The issue with this update is while we can gather resources in the resource would we can not build there. For example one update feature is the new mountain that go up to around y 500 or so. Players will most likely want to tinker with this and other biomes instead of just being able to explore and look at them. A reset is needed for the server growth how ever the admins and staff choose to do it is up to them but they can’t leave the server stuck with old world generation forever. So May it be a reset, a new server added, or letting the world boarder increase that staff will eventually have to let the player base mess with the new world types in a towny setting.

Creeper001

Oct 30, 2016
North Carolina, USA
I think I have a better idea, separate from all of those, that will make old players satisfied and new players interested. With 1.17, completely pause work on current Maestrea. It is now 'Old Maestrea' or '1.16 Maestrea.' And with 1.17, we get 'New Maestrea,' just Maestrea, or 1.17 Maestrea, whatever. Old maestrea development halts for the most part (occasional bugfixes and resource resets/shady visits), it is frozen in time but nothing is lost. 1.17 Maestrea will act as a COMPLETE wipe (besides buy shop ofc). With it, hopefully, some good changes and reworks. We will continue to build on it like we are now.

I think that this way, everyone is happy, and instead of losing most of the old players by just wiping, or not wiping and dealing with all of the strife, we get the best of both worlds, literally. The only downside to this is server resources, but if it means revitalizing the server, would be worth the cost. As for dungeons, it would be best if we could time it so that the rework comes at the same time. I think that the people who will want to keep playing old mae won't be too upset about losing dungeons access and if so, can start fresh on new mae to play it reworked. Plus this would be great as the meta can be updated.

Last edited:

DaRealSalty

May 6, 2019
^ This does feel like the best option as it would also provide the option for Mae to get on 1.17 immediately instead of waiting weeks or even months and missing out on the chance for new players to join Maestrea as they are looking for a 1.17 server to join. It would also bring an end to the cycle we are currently experiencing, being the cycle of the VAST majority of new content being new items which are acquired from stockpiles of relics players have saved up and purchased within a few days, then we wait for months for it to happen again. nearly all of the rest of the new content we experience is split into 2 categories: Reworks and events. Events are great but seeing as they only last for about a week we only really get 7 days of content per event, don't get me wrong I love events and want them to continue as they have been, but on its own it isn't enough to keep things exciting. As for reworks, they are nice as well but they follow the same path as new relics being added. Since it is a rework as opposed to a new item type players with a large stockpile of the necessary components are able to acquire all of the new content within a few days. These sorts of things are nice but they seem to provide a very short-term benefit and sense of excitement. With the option to play on a freshly wiped server where we have to start from scratch acquiring new items and content would take much longer and leave us with a much longer lasting feeling of excitement without destroying everything that players have a achieved in the years since the last reset.

ChiaChia

Known Member
Dec 21, 2015
I think a full reset could be beneficial but I do think players should have a chance to save some of their items before they move to a new world.

People do see value in old relics and items. So giving them a chance to ender chest a few things would be fair. Just an enderchest. It would be completely unfair if they were able to bring a whole vault of items to a new world.

I think it's something this server really needs to get its butt back in gear. And if a few people leave forever, that's on them.
The last big reset I remember we had brought in tons of new players when I was terrified that it would be to death of the server.

mocharaven

Jun 27, 2019
I worked hard on my build and collecting items and if we were to bring over what we can.. then I would be all for a reset. I agree that we all have so much extra blocks so if it were possible to carry over what we want/need to restart then I am all for it! I have been through a ton of resets, some good, some bad but overall every reset was a challenge and a fresh start. I know it would be hard to leave the build but I love to build and am a builder on a few servers so for me restarting a build is wicked cool!!

Top Bottom