New Mob AI Tool/Command

KingWither

Feb 21, 2016
Hey all,

I've been a bit frustrated lately because my villagers from a spawner haven't activated their AI yet since the passive mob purge that happened not too long ago. (First problem is that the most expensive crystal egg doesn't give you working villagers but that's another issue). Usually a server refresh/restart used to reset the mobs but that is no longer the case.

Thus, I think we should be able to get a tool/command that lets us manually toggle the AI of individual mobs/individual mob spawners on or off.

The possibilities beyond fixing my broken villagers are pretty significant here as well. More traditionally designed farms could be created, personalized handmade dungeons could be crafted, withers could be spawned and AI toggled off for decorative purposes (name tagging them or otherwise), traditional farms for decoration or otherwise could be more easily set up instead of having standstill AI, etc.

Of course mobs could be blacklisted like they already are through the current system causing all spawned mobs of specific types to have AI or not. However, the freedom given to the players through a tool or command to fix their own villagers or create endless other applications is pretty significant and worth adding in my opinion.

Further limitations could be making this a per mob basis instead of an individual spawner basis, making it a donor perk, giving limits on how many AI toggled spawners can be used per player, etc.

In my personal case, I just want my most expensive crystal spawner to actually work or be fixable on my own. That and maybe the improved ease of creating better ambience/decorations with moving entities from spawners.

Hope others agree :)

Xemnian

Known Member
Jan 20, 2017
Actually this would be extremely useful as an update to the crystal merchant items. Make it a sort of single use Mob Brain (can’t think of a good name) and make it a Brain Coral Block that you can right click a mob and either just give it AI or despawn and respawn the entity with AI or as King said make the opposite as well but use a Dead Brain Coral Block

KingWither

Feb 21, 2016
Actually this would be extremely useful as an update to the crystal merchant items. Make it a sort of single use Mob Brain (can’t think of a good name) and make it a Brain Coral Block that you can right click a mob and either just give it AI or despawn and respawn the entity with AI or as King said make the opposite as well but use a Dead Brain Coral Block
I can see single use items being used for individual spawners, but I think it would be a bit annoying for individual mobs. Although, I personally wouldn't be making so many mobs switched from their default AI. Natural animals that breed create offspring that does have AI, so I wouldn't mind single use items all that much. It just would be unnecessarily tedious. Being able to choose which mobs have AI by ourselves would be amazing, but my main desire is having a villager spawner that actually works lol. I just thought of other applications that could make it an even cooler feature.

Xemnian

Known Member
Jan 20, 2017
The only reason I suggested single use per mob is so that villager trades aren’t somehow exploited and if the price is made to be reasonable it wouldn’t be too big a hassle. And I wouldn’t mind being able to get my fox back in Coghelm he cleared out the chickens

KingWither

Feb 21, 2016
The only reason I suggested single use per mob is so that villager trades aren’t somehow exploited and if the price is made to be reasonable it wouldn’t be too big a hassle. And I wouldn’t mind being able to get my fox back in Coghelm he cleared out the chickens
We HAD villagers before this, I still have one that is nametagged but its not anywhere I can take it to the village I have ready. It's not an exploit issue, just a side effect of when all the non named mobs got purged for some reason.

KingWither

Feb 21, 2016
Little update, I gave up and just purchased 4 villager spawn eggs. Too bad they wont breed because there's a "setting" that doesn't let them pick up items. Hoping my suggestion can still be implemented to give us some more freedom with our mobs.

KingWither

Feb 21, 2016
Ran into the problem with other stuff like Parrots and Horses. We really need this suggestion for people who want to use animals for ambience. Even for repopulating animals out in the wild areas which I tried to do before.

Foxgguy2001

Known Member
Aug 25, 2018
Annville, KY
steamcommunity.com
Yeah back when they were tracking suggestions at https://maestrea.nolt.io there was a suggestion I'd made for just this... to add AI back to spawned mobs by used of a new custom item, soul torch ...I think it was... that'd be farmable in dungeons that could be right-clicked on a spawned mob to give it a 'soul'.

I think this is still a needed suggestion, but I don't see it on either of the trello links posted in the discord>important-links section, so I don't know if it's still planned.

Top Bottom