Offer a newborn child only one piece of advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sludder1337

Nov 19, 2016
The moon
If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

This is an interesting question and would make a lovely thread, so here it goes.

My advice to the newborn baby would be to always be grateful. Sit down and reflect, think about the less fortunate - always have them in our mind. It is important to know that some people may not be able to walk on two legs, or type on a keyboard, hell even read this post or whatever it may be. Everything I am able to do - someone can't. When you truly realize this I believe life will improve greatly for you. If there was anything I would want anyone to learn me from the beginning of life it would be just that, if I were able to understand it that age ofcourse. If you are in a position where you get knocked down in a sense, remembering that someone has it worse than you could in some cases inspire you to fight even more to get back up, and in general it's just a wise thing to have in mind.

Zevira

Devoted Member
Content Member
Builder
May 18, 2016
Idk.. since that baby from my neightbours wake me up everynight idlove to yell at him to "shut the f*** up"
But that aint advice.

I woud probally try and make a attempt to say life aint fair. life is lies. but ya gotta love it.

'But rn im not in the greatest state of mind so yeaaa xD'

Nov 7, 2016
United Kingdom
You were correct Sludder, this has indeed peaked my interest. Being that I have Three beautiful nieces I often offer my advice as and when they require it, but for the sake of legitimacy I guess I'll imagine it were my child.

Firstly, I'll make a point of stating that I often hand out my advice, not for personal gain but rather to potentially stop people going down the roads I went down earlier in my life that to this day haunt me. This usually involves me holding speeches at my old High School or simply replying to people half way around the world that I've become friends with through playing computer games.

So, what advice would I offer to a newborn child assuming they could understand what I'm talking about? Explore everything you can when you can. Let's face it there's a lot of things in life we skipped out on and later regretted it. There's also a lot in life we did do and regretted doing so however it taught us valuable lessons that otherwise we wouldn't have known. I know it probably seems pretty basic but I feel exploring everything you can doesn't just apply to touring the world, but also experiencing people, feelings, food, fucking everything literally. I believe also a keen sense of exploration allows you to see above those that would shackle you in line, consequently making you a wolf rather than a sheep and that's important, to recognise your own greatness. Explore the depths of who and what you are allows you to recognise your worth and when you recognise that the rest of the world falls into place, believe me.

Sludder1337

Nov 19, 2016
The moon
You were correct Sludder, this has indeed peaked my interest. Being that I have Three beautiful nieces I often offer my advice as and when they require it, but for the sake of legitimacy I guess I'll imagine it were my child.

Firstly, I'll make a point of stating that I often hand out my advice, not for personal gain but rather to potentially stop people going down the roads I went down earlier in my life that to this day haunt me. This usually involves me holding speeches at my old High School or simply replying to people half way around the world that I've become friends with through playing computer games.

So, what advice would I offer to a newborn child assuming they could understand what I'm talking about? Explore everything you can when you can. Let's face it there's a lot of things in life we skipped out on and later regretted it. There's also a lot in life we did do and regretted doing so however it taught us valuable lessons that otherwise we wouldn't have known. I know it probably seems pretty basic but I feel exploring everything you can doesn't just apply to touring the world, but also experiencing people, feelings, food, fucking everything literally. I believe also a keen sense of exploration allows you to see above those that would shackle you in line, consequently making you a wolf rather than a sheep and that's important, to recognise your own greatness. Explore the depths of who and what you are allows you to recognise your worth and when you recognise that the rest of the world falls into place, believe me.
And this is the reason why I am so fond of you! Very well written and very true! I can name a ton of things I wish I did but I didn't, and things I did and later thought of myself as a fool but that is afterall what shaped me into who I am today. It is very important to take pride in what you do, what you have done and always keep moving forward. Be hungry, be hungry for something more. It is very basic but yet so complex. This is the exact reason why I want to keep travelling, keep trying new things and learn everything I can when I can. Again man, very good!

Mad respect to you my man!

drivec

Known Member
Nov 12, 2016
some people need help and some people want help knowing the difference will better the life of everyone

Sludder1337

Nov 19, 2016
The moon
My piece of advice to a newborn would be
"Don't stick your finger in an ant hill, it hurts."
I don't know if I take it as intended, but my brain took that as "don't touch anything that's not yours" or "don't stick your nose everywhere." But yeah, indeed, it hurts like shit. Try getting bitten by like 8 fire ants.. that shit is no fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom