Personal bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

X_Storm

Nov 19, 2016
SeaWorld ;)
Heyy

Like me also more other players come to situation that they don't wanna have so much money on their /bal, for diffrent reasons, most time to limit how much can players sell to them in shops, so it would be a nice thing to have personal bank with just 3 commands /bank deposit [amount], /bank withdraw [amount], and /bank bal, I think I do not need to explain each command.
Yea some of you will say you can have money in town bank .. well what about if you have players that would like to stay in town, not to create their own and would like to deposit that money away from basic /bal.
There can be also taxes to deposit to bank, let say about 5% from deposited money, thats way also some money would be taken from server.

To take more money from players there can be also loan system, that works something like .. you can get loan in amount of how much are worth your ranks - 30%, returning of loan starts after 5, 10 or 15 days (player select) when you get it, but those days runing interest on loan let say 7%/day, then starts returning of loan in a way like you pay 10% (or more but not less, maby eaven player select) of loan every day but not less then 3% of all loan until you don't pay all the loan and you must have money in /bal or /bank, if there is no money the rest loan + 20% (penalty) is payed from your rank, so you loose so much ranks till all your loan is payed out.
Command that would be to use loans can be /bank loan get [amount] [startpaybackdays] [percentpayback] and /bank loan bal
Last command display status like how many days till start paying back your loan and current amount, if you paying back alrady display how much more loan you have.
Loan system can be blocked for lower ranks, but you can not get another loan till thet one is payed out.

Will edit that later now I just don't have time to finish .. sorry

Rontu

Known Member
Apr 17, 2017
The loan system seems kind of funky to me, like losing ranks is a bit harsh, And then with that interest it wouldn’t be really worth having a loan since when you pay it back you lose a lot of the money from interest, does that kind of make sense?

X_Storm

Nov 19, 2016
SeaWorld ;)
That is just an example there can be diffrent numbers, but IRL you loose money with loan as well, and if you don't pay loan (example for car) you lose that item as well, lossing ranks is just warranty to players pay back money for shure + court costs :p

Last edited:

Zevira

Devoted Member
Content Member
Builder
May 18, 2016
I dont like it too much.
The reasons neither
There are easier ways ingame to fix it.

As a town owner its not hard to keep track of towny bal.

It also isnt hard to not allow people to sell you more that you wanted [fill chests up with other items]
Or for higher priced things. Only let others sell when you are online?

Jazilla79

May 28, 2016
US
What I think Storm mean is not all players are town owners. They can't deposit money into there town bank because they would then be giving it to the mayor of the town.

A server bank system would be nice to hold surplus cash. It would be more of an insurance policy. I have lost my town and all its money during a crash and I have lost my bal before in a dungeons sync. Having it stored in a server bank would be a benifit. Players would be charged to put money in and to remove money and the balance would show up in logs making it an easyier way to keep track on ones money.

X_Storm

Nov 19, 2016
SeaWorld ;)
What I think Storm mean is not all players are town owners. They can't deposit money into there town bank because they would then be giving it to the mayor of the town.

A server bank system would be nice to hold surplus cash. It would be more of an insurance policy. I have lost my town and all its money during a crash and I have lost my bal before in a dungeons sync. Having it stored in a server bank would be a benifit. Players would be charged to put money in and to remove money and the balance would show up in logs making it an easyier way to keep track on ones money.
Exactly that

Gall

Known Member
Apr 14, 2017

At first I wasn't really interested in this idea but now that you explained more about how useful it could be I changed my mind. Great idea!

Katorpillar

Jan 16, 2017
A server I played on a while ago had a plug-in I think called banknotes. Basically what it did was let you withdraw an amount of money. And would deposit a piece of paper in your inventory that noted the value. Like a dollar bill I guess? Anyways. These pieces of paper were redeemable for the money on them no matter who created them. So like I could make a ten K banknote and buy something off someone for ten K and you could just trade the banknote and the item. It worked really well so maybe something along those lines could work for us??

x7Howl7x

Community Manager
Staff member
Content Member
Community Manager
Jun 15, 2017
A server I played on a while ago had a plug-in I think called banknotes. Basically what it did was let you withdraw an amount of money. And would deposit a piece of paper in your inventory that noted the value. Like a dollar bill I guess? Anyways. These pieces of paper were redeemable for the money on them no matter who created them. So like I could make a ten K banknote and buy something off someone for ten K and you could just trade the banknote and the item. It worked really well so maybe something along those lines could work for us??

That runs a very large risk of duplication, something players would seek to avidly exploit.

Not to mention this would create an opening for scamming via fake bank notes etc.

Last edited:

Katorpillar

Jan 16, 2017
That runs a very large risk of duplication, something players would seek to avidly exploit.

Not to mention this would create an opening for scamming via fake bank notes etc.
Every banknote has a numerical value that cannot be edited by players. Each value (like a serial number) corresponds to the monetary value chosen and withdrawn from that players balance. I tried to dupe them for three years and never could figure out how.

X_Storm

Nov 19, 2016
SeaWorld ;)
I tried to dupe them for three years and never could figure out how
XD, no need for paper money, all we need is to deposit money away from /bal so more players that play in the same town and who plays a lot can secure money.

It also isn't hard to not allow people to sell you more that you wanted [fill chests up with other items]
Or for higher priced things. Only let others sell when you are online?
Must agree with you, I did a similar thing, the biggest trouble is "shady" when he comes, players will empty your /bal (they did my for over 170K) just to have 10K profit.

Shang

Known Member
Jul 27, 2016
Not to mention, I really don't see any purpose to having the money stored as actual items over some alternative balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom