Player Economy

Apr 16, 2020
Correct Elliot, but it would bring prices/incomes more in line with gatherable materials. Making gathering materials more attractive than it currently is. Which means from wealth terms, things are the same, but players now have a choice of job incomes or gathering incomes(or both in some cases). With inflated incomes, standard items don't behave like a normal economy, very few are willing to pay 5k for a stack of a gatherable item, and that is what the prices 'should be' considering the amount of currency in circulation.

Apr 16, 2020
In addition to reducing the currency in circulation, we may need additional ways of removing money from circulation in game(aside from taxes), and invigorate the towny side of the server. Examples would be:
- Expanding Maestra into the primary town, with purchasable plots for town embassies, and purchasable/upgradable plots for players which can include shops. This brings a certain prestige to the town/player by having a plot in the primary town, to attract residents and well...flex. In addition, monthly contests on Maestra town builds would energize building and the need for materials.
- Purchasable town NPCs for various functions
- Upgradable resource worlds, so that resource 1 is for all, resource 2 has less players, resource 3 has even less etc, because they upgraded
- Special blocks/locked maps purchasable to build with. Maps can be something like a TV, speakers, a glass cabinet, etc. Which are very difficult to build in the game, but would be great items for decorative purposes.
- Many more ideas which take money out of the economy but bring value and fun(i.e not just taxes lol)

Jul 10, 2017
Lower the over all value of a dollar, implement a server shop with STUPID LOW sell to prices and Overly High Buy from prices (It creates a server controllable bracket for item prices, allows the economy team to have a more direct way to influence prices which is actually a good thing, the government (in this case server staff) irl do checks and balances for the economy all the time ) The stupid low/sell prices would almost ensure people at least try to sell to other players. and the Overly High Prices to buy items would make it so there is a nice little bracket in which players can then sell to other players for larger profit than selling to server shop would do, while allowing players who need said item to get it without having to collect it themselves or buy it for a much higher price via server shop.

Plus I mean if you think about it we already have a sever sell shop, /sell hand why would I sell anything to you when I can get instant $$$ and gratification with a simple command.

I just really feel like actively working on the economy would improve drive to play (at least it would for me) I love this server, I just want to help improve it, if I can.

ElliotJD

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jan 12, 2019
England
Correct Elliot, but it would bring prices/incomes more in line with gatherable materials.
I suspect materials would also just reduce in price with less money in the economy making it even less viable than before since the numbers become significantly smaller.

And implementing a server shop like that would completely ruin any chance of a player controlled economy. It is always good to take money out of the economy though which every new feature release and event does pretty consistently. As for future plans, well you'll just have to wait and see for those :)

Jul 10, 2017
But wait, if thats the case my dude should we not then remove /sell hand since that is essentially just a server shop to sell stuff to? Riddle me that batman. xD

Jul 10, 2017
Plus an overly expensive server shop for blocks and stuff would actually take more money out of the economy and give players a chance to sell their goods for less than the server shop instead of just /sell handing it all.

I don't think this idea would magically fix everything mind you but I do seriously think its a step in the right direction to getting a more active economy for things other than just relics and other rare stuff.

Gunna be 100% honest I feel like all our time thinking and commenting on this is just getting shot down without any real consideration so I wont be taking time to think it over/explain it any further. But I hope your right my dude.

Apr 16, 2020
Gunna be 100% honest I feel like all our time thinking and commenting on this is just getting shot down without any real consideration so I wont be taking time to think it over/explain it any further. But I hope your right my dude
@HoliestHeathen I was feeling exactly the same way, and hence stopped commenting.

@ElliotJD
I suspect materials would also just reduce in price with less money in the economy making it even less viable than before since the numbers become significantly smaller.
This doesn't make much sense, currently the prices for items should be super inflated considering the incomes, but they are not because people are just not willing to pay 5k for a stack of something, that isn't diamonds. Even for diamonds that is a very 'normal' price considering the amount of money people have in the server, the prices should probably be something like 30k-50k per stack. Bringing incomes down means that selling the items would actually be a viable way to make money. No one will even try, if they can make 50k in 30 minutes with just their job income.

X_Storm

Nov 19, 2016
SeaWorld ;)
Exactly JD, you all must know that just every weekend tax players that have 100M+ costs like 1M+ every 7days, that means 10+job limit hits to get back to 0, no matter if you hit limit in 1.5min like I do or if you need 25 min to do it, thing is that prereset there was a lot of players that was collecting items, like one of them was zubix, IK beacouse he was in my town and IK how big was his staorage of rare items, most of players stop collecting things after reset, after reset there was just start to get on bal top and stay there, prereset we had a lot of big towns and they build big thing, now there is just few towns that build big, things get changed, and we all must to get used to it, and that's whay there is hard to just buy items, tho they are at any way side money that you can get eaven if you hit limit, so still worth to do it

Apr 16, 2020
Exactly JD, you all must know that just every weekend tax players that have 100M+ costs like 1M+ every 7days, that means 10+job limit hits to get back to 0, no matter if you hit limit in 1.5min like I do or if you need 25 min to do it, thing is that prereset there was a lot of players that was collecting items, like one of them was zubix, IK beacouse he was in my town and IK how big was his staorage of rare items, most of players stop collecting things after reset, after reset there was just start to get on bal top and stay there, prereset we had a lot of big towns and they build big thing, now there is just few towns that build big, things get changed, and we all must to get used to it, and that's whay there is hard to just buy items, tho they are at any way side money that you can get eaven if you hit limit, so still worth to do it
Are you saying that you make 1 million in 1.5 minutes? But are complaining that there is the tax once a week? You could hit your job limit multiple times in a day, it resets every hour no?

If you are in fact making a million in 1.5 minutes, even if it was in 25 minutes, without in any way contributing to the economy(jobs actions that pay you don't really contribute to the economy, just inject money), then this is a case in point as to why we need to reduce those incomes and cut the balances of all players and all taxes/expenses by 90% at least. Which would mean you could make 100k in 1.5 minutes, which is still ridiculous.

Xemnian

Known Member
Jan 20, 2017
He makes 100k in 1.5 minutes haha, he means it takes 10 limits per week to maintain his bal and Storm actually has a history of buying materials in bulk feeding the thing you are fighting for

Apr 16, 2020
He makes 100k in 1.5 minutes haha, he means it takes 10 limits per week to maintain his bal and Storm actually has a history of buying materials in bulk feeding the thing you are fighting for
Ah so 15 minutes, spread out during a week, to make a million, still a lot of income. It's great he does that, and he still would be able to do just that making less income and having more players contribute to shops etc, with items that will be nominally priced.

ElliotJD

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jan 12, 2019
England
But wait, if thats the case my dude should we not then remove /sell hand since that is essentially just a server shop to sell stuff to? Riddle me that batman. xD
You can sell and not buy because most of those items are things we feel players wouldn't consistently be interested in buying and it's for a low, low price so it doesn't have any noticeable impact on the economy. Allowing players to buy blocks from the Server would do, so we don't have that.

Gunna be 100% honest I feel like all our time thinking and commenting on this is just getting shot down without any real consideration so I wont be taking time to think it over/explain it any further. But I hope your right my dude.
It's all been considered previously, we've had these discussions many times before with players, I can understand all the benefits but for us those are just far outweighed by the drawbacks.

This doesn't make much sense, currently the prices for items should be super inflated considering the incomes, but they are not because people are just not willing to pay 5k for a stack of something, that isn't diamonds. Even for diamonds that is a very 'normal' price considering the amount of money people have in the server, the prices should probably be something like 30k-50k per stack. Bringing incomes down means that selling the items would actually be a viable way to make money. No one will even try, if they can make 50k in 30 minutes with just their job income.
You've rather missed the point, I can understand what you mean but players just won't have the income to spend on items since their main source of money has been seriously hampered. It's all well and good having people willing to sell but without people willing/able to buy it won't go anywhere.

Ah so 15 minutes, spread out during a week, to make a million, still a lot of income. It's great he does that, and he still would be able to do just that making less income and having more players contribute to shops etc, with items that will be nominally priced.
It's not really that much income at the end of the day, with a bit of work to get setup anyone could make money that reliably. Just destroying job income isn't the solution you're looking for, it'll just create more problems

Apr 16, 2020
It's all been considered previously, we've had these discussions many times before with players, I can understand all the benefits but for us those are just far outweighed by the drawbacks.
@ElliotJD
I see, so what are some of the things in the pipeline to address the economy?

ElliotJD

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jan 12, 2019
England
I see, so what are some of the things in the pipeline to address the economy?
That's not for me to announce, the Economy team are the ones that decide what is announced and when. But just the fact there even is a team does show our commitment to always work to balance it nicely

Top Bottom