Political Correctness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikko

Dec 24, 2015
America
No racism, political discussions, or homophobia, warnings and mutes WILL be issued.
  • Poor treatment of- or violence against people because of their race or sexual orientation.
  • This includes any terms deemed derogatory, racist, homophobic, sexist, or any variant of said terms. Any use, including casual use will not be tolerated. Warnings and mutes will be issued.
  • This applies to any form of communication. If attempting to bypass a chat mute, you will receive a ban of equal severity.
So I created the name, Donald, and I was told that it was considered politics. While I understand this is technically political, I also believe I should be able to simply display a love for my country which happens to have a leader named Donald. I am not throwing politics in chat, and I have gotten nothing but compliments since using it. It has not started political debates, it has not started arguments, and I am not insulting anyone. If my name was Lincoln, would anyone care? What about Washington?

I just want to be patriotic and show my support for our country. Why does this have to be censored?
Donald is the president of the United States, this isn't an election any longer. There are a lot of technicalities involved in this topic, but supporting the president of the United States who will be in charge for the next 4 years, does not seem like a "political" topic. Hell, the Patriot title is political because it's referring to one's love of America! All I'm asking is that the name "Donald" not be banned for political correctness - or in this case, political banishment, simply because of an election cycle which has been decided.

Last edited:

RoxyHeart

May 18, 2017
I think having the current US president who is generally considered controversial could be considered a 'political statement'

Nikko

Dec 24, 2015
America
I think having the current US president who is generally considered controversial could be considered a 'political statement'
"Controversial" does not equal political. It doesn't matter whether he's controversial or not, he's the president of the greatest country on Earth and yet his name is banned.

joey101998

Devoted Member
Sep 24, 2016
It was definetley controversial and clear that you did it to stir up trouble as A. You made it red, white and blue B.You decided to make this post instead of just accepting it and C. You are a known troll

Naku

Known Member
Jun 30, 2016
Banned
This hasn't become an issue as of yet but whenever someone raises the problem about talking about Donald I always think about Donald Duck. And what if someone is just talking about Donald Duck without ever mentioning Duck and BAM politics!; Also one thing I find quite weird is actually the patriotic title. It is as Nikko said a title based on something related to politics; to be absolutely correct it is about nationalism but I find it quite weird that they got anti-politic rules and include something like that. (Which could be something controversial.) One thing I would also like to point out; Just why? Why make a title dedicated to a single country. It's one of the biggest countries out there; yes. But why not for say china, russia etc? And why not a title for every country to show your nationalism. Only idea I can come to is that it's about patrionism and not about America but the colors kinda devalue that. (Also that it was given out/available on America's national day) In my eyes that title is decent and quite a nice collectible; but also in my eyes it goes against the rules, and if it got a different meaning to it please atleast change it's colors. Even if America is a country known for patroism and the like it is bound to raise issues.

I've said I'm disatisfied about that title in some different ways now, but the thing I personally got against that title is that it's a way to show nationalism for America and they are the only ones (That I know off) that got the option to show their love for their country through their title. It shouldn't be a big deal but, the title is a title for the american people/people who love america and no one else.

Just a little rant. (Also as said above by Joey, if you are a troll and you do borderline things (shouldn't do them in the first place) your arguments for doing that thing will be devalued)

Jazilla79

May 28, 2016
US
The rules are the rules. They will never win a popularity contest but they are made to ensure a fun playing environment for EVERYONE.

Nikko

Dec 24, 2015
America
It was definetley controversial and clear that you did it to stir up trouble as A.
No, it's not "clear" that I used it to stir up controversy. It's the president of the goddamn country and I can't support him with a username because it's politically incorrect. It has done nothing but gotten me compliments in chat, yet you insist I'm here to just disrupt everything.

You made it red, white and blue B.
It's red white and blue to represent the United States, in case you missed that. You know, the country's colors? Or is that too patriotic for you?

You decided to make this post instead of just accepting it and C. You are a known troll
I made this post in the hopes of changing the rule to exclude our current leaders, this isn't political anymore, it's just a fact. "I'm a known troll", yeah how so? Wanting to change the rules is apparently trolling? Really?

Last edited:

Nikko

Dec 24, 2015
America
The rules are the rules. They will never win a popularity contest but they are made to ensure a fun playing environment for EVERYONE.
I understand that completely, however, I stand by the fact that having a "Donald" nick will not take away anyone's fun, or start political debates in chat.

joey101998

Devoted Member
Sep 24, 2016
No, it's not "clear" that I used it to stir up controversy. It's the president of the goddamn country and I can't support him with a username because it's politically incorrect. It has done nothing but gotten me compliments in chat, yet you insist I'm here to just disrupt everything.

It's red white and blue to represent the United States, in case you missed that. You know, the country's colors? Or is that too patriotic for you?

I made this post in the hopes of changing the rule to exclude our current leaders, this isn't political anymore, it's just a fact. "I'm a known troll", yeah how so? Wanting to change the rules is apparently trolling? Really?
Nikko you literally kept using the rainbow chat just the other day even after being given multiple warnings and being told not to. You also leave some pretty trolly comments on posts. Also what "compliments"? Also im well aware why i is red white and blue but thats also showing that the reason you nicknamed yourself Donald was political, not some other reason

Nikko

Dec 24, 2015
America
Also what "compliments"? Also im well aware why i is red white and blue but thats also showing that the reason you nicknamed yourself Donald was political, not some other reason
Again, red white and blue are the colors of our country, and they're used to show patriotism. The leader of America is by definition a patriot, therefore I used red white and blue as well as to match the Patriot title.

I used the name for several hours the other day and I got several private compliments on the name by fellow patriots. No arguments were started, no political debates. So why is it banned if it hasn't started anything of the sort?

Scythe578

Devoted Member
Content Member
Nov 11, 2015
Locking the thread for now, Staff will voice in on this once we discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom