Rank rework & Private Islands

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
Hey Maestreans!
If you're been on for the last hour or so you might have noticed some of your store rank perks have changed, and don't worry, it's intentional.
We've decided to go back on some things we changed, regarding the eula compliance and essentially undo the eula change.
We discussed among the voters (discord role, check it out on our discord), admins and staff and it's been finalized and implemented.
Sorry for not giving you guys a heads up. but we felt it would be easier to change it all and then post about it afterwards.

To fix the issue with some people having ranks from pre-eula and post-eula we've added some more ranks as a seperate rank ladder and moved everyone over there depending on what rank/s you had.

Additionally, the perks gotten from contributor has been added to champion, and any time you had on contributor has been moved over to champion!

The new ranks looks like this:
Knight -> Baron -> Lord -> Prince -> King -> Emperor

How does this affect me?
  • Whatever store rank you had before have been transferred to the new rank ladder. (check chart below)
  • if you had two store ranks, you've been moved to a rank at the same price and potentially received a store voucher (found in your enderchest)
  • You now have more cool perks, check the store for a list :)
  • If you were a champion or Contributor, you now have more perms
What else has been added?
To celebrate these new changes, there will be a 25% sale lasting till 15th October (6 PM CET) Link here

We also got some new icons for the store ranks, which look absolutely amazing!

art by ZeevQX <3

You can preview the new crates contents at /warp bars:

What rank you'll have depending on your old rank (Old ranks are the first store ranks, Eula ranks were added 2 months ago) the new ranks might have the same names but they are seperate from the old ones.

Conversion chart for your ranks. (you've already been moved)
Emperor & King -> New King + $15 voucher
Emperor & Prince -> New King
Emperor & Baron -> New Prince + $15 voucher

Archduke & King -> New Prince + $15 voucher
Archduke & Prince -> New Prince
Archduke & Baron -> New Baron

Lord & King -> New Prince
Lord & Prince -> New Baron
Lord & Baron -> New Lord + $10 voucher

Last edited:

CsoiSauce

May 21, 2016
yikes.

Dec 21, 2017
Woah thanks for that! i love my new perks as Baron :D but could it be possible to change the Baron title with Colors pls =)

Flex Seal

Administrator
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jul 25, 2016
'straya mate
www.maestrea.com
Woah thanks for that! i love my new perks as Baron :D but could it be possible to change the Baron title with Colors pls =)
Just added this earlier! For Prince/Princess too ;)

I really don't like the idea of the keep inventory or backpack change.

Most of the rest are welcomed additions, nice perks, but I think the point where a perk become an unfair advantage, is when someone can get op armor and weapons, carry them on themselves all the time without fear of losing them, and then, if by chance, some group of 3 or 4 did manage to kill someone with that new tungsten armor, not only are they not rewarded with it, but their victim can warp right back, fully outfitted and aware, and have a second go at the guys, or a third, forth, etc.

One of the first interactions I had on this server was meeting RTF and Thosma at a raid, getting my ass handed to me, trying to get my stuff back and losing a second time. Its really a mechanic I love because you have to be careful and prepare during raids and in the wild.

I really think the experience would been diminished significantly if I could have just warped back a few times and finished em off because, I kept all my stuff...or worse, we all had that perk and just didn't even bother with each other because there was nothing to gain from combat.

It really seems at odds with one of the core aspects of the wild in this server, and its offered for players to circumvent it only if they pay, significantly. I will absolutely eventually spend enough money at Maestrea to get the rank, but those are two perks I really wouldn't care for.

Last edited:

TribeMan

Administrator
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jan 1, 2017
I really don't like the idea of the keep inventory or backpack change.

Most of the rest are welcomed additions, nice perks, but I think the point where a perk become an unfair advantage, is when someone can get op armor and weapons, carry them on themselves all the time without fear of losing them, and then, if by chance, some group of 3 or 4 did manage to kill someone with that new tungsten armor, not only are they not rewarded with it, but their victim can warp right back, fully outfitted and aware, and have a second go at the guys, or a third, forth, etc.

One of the first interactions I had on this server was meeting RTF and Thosma at a raid, getting my ass handed to me, trying to get my stuff back and losing a second time. Its really a mechanic I love because you have to be careful and prepare during raids and in the wild.

I really think the experience would been diminished significantly if I could have just warped back a few times and finished em off because, I kept all my stuff...or worse, we all had that perk and just didn't even bother with each other because there was nothing to gain from combat.

It really seems at odds with one of the core aspects of the wild in this server, and its offered for players to circumvent it only if they pay, significantly. I will absolutely eventually spend enough money at Maestrea to get the rank, but those are two perks I really wouldn't care for.
I'm about 99% sure that the keep inven feature is not safe from PVP

TribeMan

Administrator
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jan 1, 2017
It should be the intended feature, but they may or may not be dropping yet. Soap still has a few perks and whatnot to fix but all will be well :)

LunaAki

The Magical Unicorn
Staff member
Content Member
Overseer
Feb 5, 2018
So we're going full blown p2w?
It's not really p2w.. I mean there's no competition.. I don't really understand.. it's towny.. just for fun..

Nykrdaudr

Known Member
Oct 25, 2016
Additionally, the Commercial usage guidelines state that you may sell cosmetic items, except for “capes”, if the item sold does not give a user an unfair gameplay advantage over anyone else on the server. Due to this, you are not allowed to sell the following for hard currency:

• The ability to:
    • use a portable crafting table, chest, ender chest, compass, etc.
    • set the time of day or weather, for yourself or others, other than in places where the intended server's gameplay does not occur, such as the lobby of a minigame server.
    • clear your inventory.
    • respawn.
    • create teleportation points, no matter who can use them.
    • teleport to a saved location (commonly, the /home command).
    • teleport to your last location (commonly, the /back command).
    • see other players’ inventory, other than in creative mode.
    • see a list of players that are nearby, other than in creative mode.
    • see the crafting recipe for an item, or the ability to craft an item automatically.
    • remove the enchantment from an item.
    • automatically sell blocks that you mine.
    • automatically compress resources to their block form.
    • fly in places where the intended server's gameplay occurs.
    • edit several blocks at the same time, regardless of where on the server you can do it.
    • keep your inventory or specific items when you die.
  • A non-cosmetic item or perk:
    • that is dropped in an area accessible by everyone, whether other players are notified of the drop or not.
    • as a prize after fighting a boss in an area accessible by everyone, whether other players are notified of the event or not.
  • Bedrock blocks or other non-cosmetic items.
  • Schematics, regardless of the game mode.
  • Higher bandwidth, or other improved connections to the server.
  • Access to contests based on stats (i.e. most blocks mined etc.), if the prize is not cosmetic.
  • Decreased cooldown for non-cosmetic commands.
  • Items or perks that affect gameplay or give the player an unfair advantage, even if they are also available through soft currency purchase, or just by playing the game for a certain time.
Just a small heads up, that some of these things goes against Mojangs own EULA
Mojangs EULA

Top Bottom