Revised Player of the Month!

LunaAki

The Magical Unicorn
Staff member
Content Member
Overseer
Feb 5, 2018
Hello Maestreans!

Player of the Month has been redone and that's why it hasn't been active for a little while. We've been working on thinking up ideas and we have come to a conclusion. Now, I'm going to explain how this event is going to run =)

Once per week, one player will be chosen and decided by the moderation staff team. Players will be nominated and discussed privately. The players will be decided based on friendliness, helpfulness, activeness, and their positive affect on the community. There will be no bias decisions in the choosing of these players. There will be 4 people in total, 1 from each week, and they will win 1 title key and be placed in the running for the vote at the end of the month for a chance to win Player of the Month and receive the title. The top 4 will be placed on a poll and all of you guys will be voting on it! I will be posting the link to the post of the poll in the announcements channel on discord, so watch for that!

You may be wondering, why has it been changed? Ideas were thought of, and this one was decided for several reasons. I wanted to revise Player of the Month to make the event more professional. Several people were continuously being biased when nominating players, such as nominating close friends. Others were doing trolly nominations like nominating inactive, trolly people. Additionally, many others were nominating themselves. I want to give to the players that give to the community, making it a better environment. You guys will still be taking part in this event as you will be voting on the top four at the end of the month! If you have any questions or concerns, you can message me via discord or in-game. You can also comment below if you wish to do so.

At the end of the month, the four nominees will win:
Winner - The new PoTM title + Maestrean Key
Second - 1 Mythic Key
Third - 1 Rare Key
Fourth - 1 Uncommon Key

Several titles were created and were voted on by the moderation staff members. We decided to use this one:

As staff are deciding the nominees, moderation staff members are not eligible to win in this event. Content members and builders are still eligible to win. The Headless title will be retired and all previous winners can now win again, but they cannot win in this new event twice.

Sep 7, 2018
great idea... We have one of the most wonderful communities on Maestrea that i have ever been a part of.. it is great to call this place home!!

LunaAki

The Magical Unicorn
Staff member
Content Member
Overseer
Feb 5, 2018
Exciting! Some great changes here! Is there anything being considered for staff?
For staff, there's Staff of the Month. So, there's 2 separate events =) if that's what you meant

_Sweet_Melody_

Jul 3, 2017
I have expressed my joy about this to atleast 2 wonderful people, but i sure wouldn't mind letting others see what i think about this new PoTM change ^^

My, do i love the new change!
Maestrea's dear PoTM event was really bias-rigged sadly, with many great players not so much noticed for their many good deeds..
As people with many friends did.

I am so glad, there is a more fair chance now that staff is taking a bigger part of this event.
Hopefully it will be more fair among us players, and we won't always know who to expect becoming our 4 wonderful, and lucky nominees for the new PoTM title i absolutely adore and love <3
Good work, good idea, good taste!
All in all, its an 11/10 in my eyes ;)

Couldn't have come up with a better idea myself, im so happy for this!
:D

Now..
Im more late to bed, and Blank will hit me with his Granny Stick if i don't hit the bed and sleep.
My Message:
Helpers are an OP Evul Force to be Reckoned With, more OP than any others on Mae and forever shall it be!
''Beware The Helpers of Maestrea!!''

Top Bottom