Server Sided Resource Pack for Custom 3D Relic Skins

MrYonk

Known Member
Aug 7, 2016
The goal here is to create a rather small resource pack that only affects how we see mainly weapons and select few other items like headpieces or charms. Of course, not everyone likes that few second download at the beginning when loading into a server, nor do they care about custom skins/textures so this could be an optional feature for them. But It'd be cool if we got 3D models for relic tier items that made them look like known accessories from other games/movies. However, with the vast collection of relics there are in the server, making a wildly unique model for each and every will be inefficient so I propose giving swords and bows a few varying generic but appealing 3D models. Following that, we'd recreate more of the unique and desired skins such as lightsabers, WoW weapons, Dark Souls weapons and many more from other games/media to put in skin crates that could be priced at $5/$10 per key to help support the server while snagging a nice weapon skin for our relics. Again, this concept could be applied to helmets. For example, a well known Iron Helmet from Skyrim or a Darth Vader mask etc. Possibilities limitless with what we want to make. I've provided some examples down below

Skin Crate that contains helmet skins with other rewards, but it can be made entirely a skin crate
Capture1.JPG

A UI where we can select what skins are applied to the item we're holding
perhaps a /skin or /cosmetic command that brings this up

Capture3.JPG

Reference as to how these 3D skins would look in game. This is a phoenix blade that is applied over a diamond sword
Capture2.JPG

This second one is an Ashbringer skin from WoW applied to the same diamond sword through a selective UI.

Capture4.JPG

LightIcePlayz

Known Member
Content Member
Jul 31, 2018
I personally really like this idea! It instantly makes me think of wynncraft or the hypixel UHC texture pack. The only issues I could see would be this taking a lot of time to do yet worth pulling off, and the fact that there are a lot of items in the game. There are currently over 35 charms in game as well as over 60 or so weapons that are relic tire. Making custom skins for all of those will be time consuming with the fact that if we did it for relics we would also have to do it for Arcanas Archaics and dungeon/raid items. I love this idea and hope that one day it might happen but it won’t unless you find someone passionate enough about this to start it off.

FracturedDream

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Dec 26, 2018
I know this is a very popular idea, but has indeed been put off as "impractical" several times due to the concerns Light brought up. There's just so many relics/arcanas/other tiers that are constantly changing. I do wonder if perhaps there is a way to make a skin for a group of items instead of unique skins for each item. Like all relic diamond swords share a skin. That way new items would just fall into existing categories instead of needing new custom skins. I do not mess with resource packs so I do not know if that's a possibility, but it's something that may make the idea of a texture pack far more feasible if it is possible.

MrYonk

Known Member
Aug 7, 2016
I know this is a very popular idea, but has indeed been put off as "impractical" several times due to the concerns Light brought up. There's just so many relics/arcanas/other tiers that are constantly changing. I do wonder if perhaps there is a way to make a skin for a group of items instead of unique skins for each item. Like all relic diamond swords share a skin. That way new items would just fall into existing categories instead of needing new custom skins. I do not mess with resource packs so I do not know if that's a possibility, but it's something that may make the idea of a texture pack far more feasible if it is possible.
That's exactly what I had in mind when you talked about items falling into categories.

For example, all relic diamond swords will have 1 to 3 unique but generic 3D skins, and same goes for other weapons of different material and type. But when it comes to the very unique 3D skins people can pull from crates, they can be applied to ALL relic weapons so long as they fall in the basic categories of AXE, SWORD, BOW, and SHIELD.

So lets say we have a unique crate skin for a bow like "Auriel's Bow". This skin is able to be applied to any relic Bow. But if one does not posses this skin, their relic will by default look like 1 o 3 basic 3D archetypes of lets say a traditional bow skin, a mechanical bow skin, and a magic bow skin.

Same for let's say Iron relic swords. Upon opening a relic and receiving one, an Iron relic sword will take the appearance of 1 of 3 or however many custom 3D models. For example a Zweihander, a Rapier, or a Katana. But same as the diamond sword relics, it falls under the category of SWORD so it can have any unique crate sword skin applied to it.

Novalla

Known Member
May 23, 2017
That looks very wynncraft :p
I do know that Texilated and Pinkjemm were working on a dungeon texture pack about a year ago but i guess neither of them would want to work on it even if the server would officially take it on and as LightIcePlayz said it is a helluva lot of work.

Top Bottom