Shut down Elyssia and replace it with something popular

claytonyu

Oct 31, 2016
Short desc: Elyssia has no players at all. There are many opportunity costs to still be keeping the server alive.

Long desc: We can replace the slot of Elyssia with something popular and trendy. Maybe some minigames? Pixelmon is popular nowadays. Or maybe factions. Battle royale server? COD server? Grand theft auto? Prison? What im saying is that choose anything that is popular and trendy right now, and for sure many people will join. Maestrea can be advertised not just as a towny server but with something else as well. More players are likely to come. Maybe content team can come up with something custom as well, just like dungeons who knows.

Advantages: More publicity, more players. Something new and exciting for our current playerbase to check out. Most people here build their towns, and once its built they go offline and just come back online to deposit money and go offline again. Some people join a town build a house and go offline forever cause they are bored. With this new addition, players can participate in the new activities and attend to their towns when they are tired/ or resting.

pyrokarl

Jun 28, 2019
The same could be said of skyblock and creative. Replace it with anything raunchy to attract loads of a lower class of people. Preferably non moderated with as much swearing nudity and vile corruption as possible. If you make people sign an e-waiver before joining, sure to be popular.

claytonyu

Oct 31, 2016
Well, if thats what you think about the larger servers then I cant change your mind. Of course there will be a lot of those trolls who join, but thats the job of the staff, to ban them. Sure, there is corruption in large servers. But who says there isnt any in the smaller servers? (I am not talking about Maestrea)

Foxgguy2001

Known Member
Aug 25, 2018
Annville, KY
steamcommunity.com
I'm maybe a little out of the loop on Elyssia, I took a break around the launch to tend to some RL stuff. Maybe someone could fill me in, i had a look around but couldn't find anything specific or comprehensive... what is unique to Elyssia that isn't found on Maestrea?

I know certain things like arcana's and meteors originated there, I'm really enjoying mining meteors on resource! After those things have found their way over to mae and resource, is ely 2.0 now just another variation of mae? Or is there something specific that one would need to jump into that world for?

ElliotJD

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jan 12, 2019
England
In the near future all content will be mirrored over both, the Elyssian world is a newer world and does have a unique shady trader but for the most part you can still pick and choose which world you would prefer to build on. You could even choose both and have a town on each if you'd like, totally up to you

EndyTheUnicorn

Aug 2, 2018
I think that Elyssia isn't as popular because when you first join, Maestrea stands out because there are so many people on it. Elyssia has its own unique aspects, but people mainly use it as a resource world now.

ElliotJD

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jan 12, 2019
England
Well /resource is still a thing so ideally I don't want people going around destroying the landscape x)

Foxgguy2001

Known Member
Aug 25, 2018
Annville, KY
steamcommunity.com
Is there anything planned to have something unique added to the Elyssian world that'd give players a compelling reason to visit that world?

I'm very much enjoying meteors, and I like that it gives me a reason to visit resource other than gathering materials.

Dungeons has it's own draw and many unique items, and experiences. That new open world is tough, and really a lot of fun.

It seems like it just needs something unique to give it a place. Maybe something about its lore/history. Don't arcana's come from Elyssia? Maybe have something only mythic mobs in Elyssia drop that's needed to combine archiac shards, like a catalyst or something. Or something similar to meteors, but slightly different on elyssia like archiac anomalies that'd have a chest encased in obsidian where lots of mythic mobs spawn around so you have to fight and mine to get your catalyst.
Really just spit-balling, I'm certainly not an idea's guy...I guess this'd be a job for the content team. It really does seem like it needs something unique to give it more of a purpose in the maestrea universe though.

ElliotJD

Admin
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Jan 12, 2019
England
There is an idea in the pipeline for an Elyssian version of Archaics, but that's a long way off just yet. In the near future I don't think we have any plans to try and convince people to play on one or the other, it'll be their personal preference :)

Top Bottom