Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Edit the rules on the forums.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2017
Yoshii Lando for Inu
Hello my name is KikiInuyoshyy. I am fairly new to this community, but have been benefiting and learning the rules of the server, because I like this server. In this case many of the rules don't follow or make any sense at all. At any given time I'd appreciate it if you made chat rule section on here so that people know what not to say and what rules not to break in-game in the chat. There have been many cases while speaking along with my friends and new friends I've brought onto the server to join the town I joined. Our being here has been an amazing experience. We're having a lot of fun, but being restrained from talking about certain topics with each other through "Town Chat". I find it ridiculous that there is a censor Town Chat.

Town chat is only seen by the town members in the chat. There are censors for saying the president of the United states name, The name of objects and characters, Minor words that aren't offense in any way or "used" in any offensive way that is deemed "inappropriate". I don't think talking about my friend's skin "The 'pedo bear" is inappropriate. Minecraft Skin – NameMC

Friend 1: "What skin is that?"
Friend 2: "The **** bear skin"
[PM] Staff Member -> Friend 2: Please don't use that word.
[PM] Friend 2 -> Staff Member: Huh? Why?
[PM] Staff Member -> Friend 2: Because it's inappropriate.

It's the name of a character and things people talk about. Mind you this was a conversation we were having in Town Chat where there were literally 4-5 people on in the town. We later on start joking about some things in the town chat when we said "Trump" Please tell me WHY is his name censored...?? It's a freaking name of a person... What if my friend's name is Trump? What if someone's ign is Trump? That makes absolutely no sense. So if someone came onto the server with their name that way, you'd ask them to change it? They're not free to have their name something that's "NOT" inappropriate, because you say it IS??? I get that the whole politic thing isn't allowed, but when we have conversations and jokes about things, I'd rather not have my every word be censored and removed for a name... Especially in Town Chat.

If anything. I say make it so that there are no censorship's in the Town Chats. How does one have a rule for "Keeping Cussing to a minimum" Yet I have not seen those words censored. Might as well just say "No cussing period." The rules are too vague and make no sense. They're confusing and no where to be found here on the forums for ALL chat offenses. I am not pleased that people are being warned muted and banned for things not even mentioned on here. You say to an exception, but different ages and different minds we all don't think a like. So please explain, "What exactly do you mean?".

That is all.

Love the community by the way. Everyone is really nice. You've done an excellent job keeping the server clean. Good work to you staff members.

joey101998

Devoted Member
Sep 24, 2016
Hello my name is KikiInuyoshyy. I am fairly new to this community, but have been benefiting and learning the rules of the server, because I like this server. In this case many of the rules don't follow or make any sense at all. At any given time I'd appreciate it if you made chat rule section on here so that people know what not to say and what rules not to break in-game in the chat. There have been many cases while speaking along with my friends and new friends I've brought onto the server to join the town I joined. Our being here has been an amazing experience. We're having a lot of fun, but being restrained from talking about certain topics with each other through "Town Chat". I find it ridiculous that there is a censor Town Chat.

Town chat is only seen by the town members in the chat. There are censors for saying the president of the United states name, The name of objects and characters, Minor words that aren't offense in any way or "used" in any offensive way that is deemed "inappropriate". I don't think talking about my friend's skin "The 'pedo bear" is inappropriate. Minecraft Skin – NameMC

It's the name of a character and things people talk about. Mind you this was a conversation we were having in Town Chat where there were literally 4-5 people on in the town. We later on start joking about some things in the town chat when we said "Trump" Please tell me WHY is his name censored...?? It's a freaking name of a person... What if my friend's name is Trump? What if someone's ign is Trump? That makes absolutely no sense. So if someone came onto the server with their name that way, you'd ask them to change it? They're not free to have their name something that's "NOT" inappropriate, because you say it IS??? I get that the whole politic thing isn't allowed, but when we have conversations and jokes about things, I'd rather not have my every word be censored and removed for a name... Especially in Town Chat.

If anything. I say make it so that there are no censorship's in the Town Chats. How does one have a rule for "Keeping Cussing to a minimum" Yet I have not seen those words censored. Might as well just say "No cussing period." The rules are too vague and make no sense. They're confusing and no where to be found here on the forums for ALL chat offenses. I am not pleased that people are being warned muted and banned for things not even mentioned on here. You say to an exception, but different ages and different minds we all don't think a like. So please explain, "What exactly do you mean?".

That is all.

Love the community by the way. Everyone is really nice. You've done an excellent job keeping the server clean. Good work to you staff members.
The reason these filters are in place is to prevent controversy and arguements. This server is not purely for adults it is also for children. So if there is no chat filter in towns various inappropriate things could be said, especially in the large towns

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
Hey, we've recently changed the chat filter, adding some categories to them that will help staff to decide what to do
There's Swear, which will be ignored and is more to block certain words and notify staff so they can intervene if it gets too much,
politics which we don't want players to discuss in-game, it's a highly controversial subject that a lot of people will get upset over and we simply don't want it discussed.
Racism and Homophobia which will reward you with a warning from staff for using, these words are highly offensive and shouldn't even be used as a joke.

As for town chat etc, it's a global chat filter that doesn't see a difference between town chat and general chat. we are working on ways to allow certain players to ignore the swear filter and see the words as they are instead of having them censored but that's not working for now.

May 17, 2017
Yoshii Lando for Inu
The reason these filters are in place is to prevent controversy and arguements. This server is not purely for adults it is also for children. So if there is no chat filter in towns various inappropriate things could be said, especially in the large towns
The things I mentioned aren't inappropriate though. I am highly aware of the age difference and rate on the server and many other servers, but to filter someone's name? Come one that makes absolutely no sense. They filtered "pedo" literally just that word alone.. why? Its the name of the skin and it's something people should know about. How is that inappropriate?

May 17, 2017
Yoshii Lando for Inu
Hey, we've recently changed the chat filter, adding some categories to them that will help staff to decide what to do
There's Swear, which will be ignored and is more to block certain words and notify staff so they can intervene if it gets too much,
politics which we don't want players to discuss in-game, it's a highly controversial subject that a lot of people will get upset over and we simply don't want it discussed.
Racism and Homophobia which will reward you with a warning from staff for using, these words are highly offensive and shouldn't even be used as a joke.

As for town chat etc, it's a global chat filter that doesn't see a difference between town chat and general chat. we are working on ways to allow certain players to ignore the swear filter and see the words as they are instead of having them censored but that's not working for now.
Swearing has nothing to do with what I mentioned though. It's understandable that you'd not what to expose the young minds to harsh and uneducated language. And it's understandable that you'd like to keep politics out of chat to seize arguments that have nothing to do with Minecraft or towny in general, but to censor a name? That could be anyone's name?

May 17, 2017
Yoshii Lando for Inu
You have towns and 75% of them with mainly friends and people who know each other that talk on a basis. The rest new people joining and strangers whom talk to each other no and then whom grow closer. Town chat should be where you're free to at least have conversations of certain events. Public is where "everyone" can read anything posted. Even in your own town people makes rules. Of they breaks those they get kicked. I see no harm in having freedom of speech to a certain degree. Just subtract the horrid language and filter that. Not everything has to be filtered. Soon you might end up filtering everything that is related to the human body.

Oct 1, 2015
Sweden
www.maestrea.com
We have limited what is filtered, we're not adding anything else to it, you're just upset because one word was filtered for you, the filter is doing more good than harm, people can communicate without using these words, those are the server rules and players play with the rules or not at all.
I understand your complaint, but it's been fixed, we no longer warn people for swears unless it gets enough and don't do anything to town chats unless it gets excessive.
If someone joins with a name that's against the chat filter, we ask them to change their name or force nick them.

joey101998

Devoted Member
Sep 24, 2016
The things I mentioned aren't inappropriate though. I am highly aware of the age difference and rate on the server and many other servers, but to filter someone's name? Come one that makes absolutely no sense. They filtered "pedo" literally just that word alone.. why? Its the name of the skin and it's something people should know about. How is that inappropriate?
Really pedo is not inppropriate? It is short for pedophile

May 17, 2017
Yoshii Lando for Inu
Really pedo is not inppropriate? It is short for pedophile
Are you seriously telling me that word is inaproppriate?? Its not a curse word, it's not offensive, and its meaning is what it is.

Are you afraid that kids will call each other pesos?
Are you afraid that they'll know the meaning?
Are you afraid of them asking questions of there is a "chance" they don't already know what it means??

Huh? What? It's not inappropriate. Maybe the words in its meaning may be considered inappropriate, but the word itself is not.

joey101998

Devoted Member
Sep 24, 2016
Are you seriously telling me that word is inaproppriate?? Its not a curse word, it's not offensive, and its meaning is what it is.

Are you afraid that kids will call each other pesos?
Are you afraid that they'll know the meaning?
Are you afraid of them asking questions of there is a "chance" they don't already know what it means??

Huh? What? It's not inappropriate. Maybe the words in its meaning may be considered inappropriate, but the word itself is not.
Ok thats great but at the same time some people fin that word to be offensive. the server staff decide what words are filtered and that is one of them. They do not just randomly choose words. They carefully think about what words should be censored

TheLazyOne

Jun 8, 2016
Y u need 2no?

That is all.

Trump isn't offensive, no, but it IS controversial.

May 17, 2017
Yoshii Lando for Inu
We have limited what is filtered, we're not adding anything else to it, you're just upset because one word was filtered for you, the filter is doing more good than harm, people can communicate without using these words, those are the server rules and players play with the rules or not at all.
I understand your complaint, but it's been fixed, we no longer warn people for swears unless it gets enough and don't do anything to town chats unless it gets excessive.
If someone joins with a name that's against the chat filter, we ask them to change their name or force nick them.
Actually I am not upset, I just don't think it makes any sense. You're neither convincing me it makes sense either. Instead you're ojectfiling me being emotional about it. You have no rules on your forums about these rules. Originally came here for them, but they're not here. You talk about a list of words added and removed, but what even are they? Also I'm speaking on behalf of more than one word it was a handful that I laughed over. Caught me off guard because you said.
we no longer warn people for swears unless it gets enough and don't do anything to town chats unless it gets excessive.
I said it once [pedo] and in my town chat and got warned, my friend the same. Why are you getting warned anyways? It's filtered in general no? xD Not like anyone else can see it. If people actually got muted for something filtered, I'd really be shocked.

So if someone's ign was or had the name in it. You'd ask them to change their name, what about John, Obama, Washington, George, Donald, Abraham, Adams, Clinton, Carter, Benjamin, Andrew, etc. XD What if it's their name, that's not right to strip someone's name from them..

I am not understanding whyyyy censor names?!?! Names do no harm. Why not just have staff do what they're suppose to and watch chat. If anything they ask them to stop. If they don't you mute them? It's like someone that spams. You warn- they continue- you mute. Bam!

I'm seriously not trying to start trouble, and can't help but think that I'm a terrible person for not understanding your rules purpose. They make illogical sense. I am not saying I'm gonna riot or something against the rules, just hoping for future change and this actually thought out. It just feels like you guys said "Can't be bothered with it so censor it". No actual effort into adding or editing the rules, especially for people to see.

Trump isn't offensive, no, but it IS controversial.
No it's a name literally.

Ok thats great but at the same time some people fin that word to be offensive. the server staff decide what words are filtered and that is one of them. They do not just randomly choose words. They carefully think about what words should be censored
Everyone or Anyone can/will find anything offensive. You can find different ways to enforce rules instead of filtering legit everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLazyOne

Jun 8, 2016
Y u need 2no?
Erm yeah cause it's a name. "OMG HE SAID HITLER, I'M OFFENDED" "OMG HE SAID HITLER! That name is a disgrace and should never be said because if the bad things he did in the past that I learned in history class."

Not trying to be rude...
Well someone's political beliefs could lead to the same reaction if someone had said a poisitive/negative comment about Trump. Minus the history class part xd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom