Suggested /rules change

Is this a good Suggestion?

• Total voters
May 21, 2017
I think when you come on the server you should be required to go through the rules and take a quiz at the end to get access to talk and other commands, just so people will actually read the detailed version of the rules instead of just reading the bare minimum and stop people from being not informed and stopping people from using the excuse "I didn't know that was a rule" This is just a suggestion but it would be nice if it happened

Jazilla79

May 28, 2016
US
I am totally with you one this one. I don't know if implementing a quiz is possible, but a parkour challenge where you jump on the block with the correct rules and you continue, jump on the block with the incorrect answer and the block disappears and you fall into the void.

joey101998

Devoted Member
Sep 24, 2016
I am totally with you one this one. I don't know if implementing a quiz is possible, but a parkour challenge where you jump on the block with the correct rules and you continue, jump on the block with the incorrect answer and the block disappears and you fall into the void.
Love the idea(misclicked my vote selection XD) Maybe make the quiz more focused in scamming and tp killing as things like spam are just common sense.Anoyher thing that would be cool is if there was also a quiz on town commands that u had to take before u could make a town

Giovanni

Known Member
Dec 10, 2016
The Netherlands
I think when you come on the server you should be required to go through the rules and take a quiz at the end to get access to talk and other commands, just so people will actually read the detailed version of the rules instead of just reading the bare minimum and stop people from being not informed and stopping people from using the excuse "I didn't know that was a rule" This is just a suggestion but it would be nice if it happened
I feel that this would be too much on the player. Yes, some new players have good and unfortunately others have bad intentions, but no new player is looking forward to completing a maze and/or a quiz before finally being able to start off their adventure. I can see some potential in being required to go through the rules before given talk power though!

Creeper001

Known Member
Oct 30, 2016
North Carolina, USA
I think this could be a great idea, though do think that some edits could be made. I agree with Gio that a maze or parkour challenge could be a bit too much. Perhaps, if staff are willing to code it, general chats could be locked behind a series of texts which would display each of the basic rules, requiring the player to type next after reading each one.

Another possibility, as they may just skip through my previous suggestion, is that in order to gain access to chat, new players would have to reach the second rank, Peasant. They could take an optional quiz which would give them $300, the exact amount of cash they need to get Peasant, if they complete a few multiple choice/true false questions about the basic rules. This would give new players a good incentive to learn the rules, but not make them feel like they are trapped as soon as they join.

Scythe578

Devoted Member
Content Member
Nov 11, 2015
I like the idea, but it seems unnecessary. The rules are mostly (note MOSTLY) common sense. We also have grace when it comes to the rules, depending on the severity, and will give the player a warning instead of actually banning on the first rule break.

I don't see this as being necessary. We provide a floating field of text immediately in the players face when joining the server that asks them to read the rules. If they don't read the rules, that is their fault.

I don't feel that blocking players in any fashion is beneficial to Maestrea. Even if we add this quiz, the 'I didn't read the rules' excuse turns into 'I forgot about that one'. In the end, people will make excuses. it's just a thing that happens.

Jazilla79

May 28, 2016
US
Skythe, you acting like common sense is common broo_O

The thing is, I don't really think new players are the problem. Yes they do ask a lot of questions and sometimes one gets on to cause problems but it's the players who have been on a few weeks and try to cheat the system that I have been seeing in the ban appeals.

I

Top Bottom