Suggestions From the Whole Community

Left

Known Member
Aug 12, 2018
This post is for uploading suggestions to improve the state of Maestrea, any and all suggestions will be added to this post.

Everyone who still plays Mae has noticed a decline in players, specifically active and new players. We don't want to see the server die.

Trader Job Rework:
Change the Trader job to involve talking to a villager, buying an item from them, and bringing the item to a villager in another public town. Completing this transaction will give you job exp and money. Have the items traded to be custom items (as little as renamed) so that transaction completion can be identified, this will allow for players to bulk purchase these custom items, sell the custom items, and gives players a new quick way to earn money (like brewer) but costing various items that you would normally trade with a villager.

Losing World Space From ChenChoon:
It's very difficult to find new places for towns/town expansions, this makes it difficult for new players to start, especially since most of the people with towns accepting residents don't play as often if at all. A purge would bring raiders in, increasing the world size will affect performance but it also opens up brand new untouched areas.

Job Income For Miner & Digger:
Get paid for mining/digging in town claims on the main world. This avoids the previous problem of world destruction and incentives' miners/diggers to work for people with towns/plots further increasing player interaction and activity.

A New Spawn From Beckwa:
Self-explanatory really, a new spawn, or a do-over of the current spawn.

More Staff From DaRealSalty:
Getting a hold of staff requires a ticket, there aren't many active staff on the server which can deter new players and make playing on the server annoying with all the common problems that often occur.

New Dungeons Items:
Everyone knows dungeons needs a rework, one thing that should be added is new & cheaper items (tiers of items) for new players & collectors to get. Dungeons has, for many years, been the go-to for new players whether its for money, something to do or to spend time with friends. Dungeons has reliably been one of the only ways players can play together to earn money, which is a big incentive for players to actually play.

New Dungeons Leveling System From DaRealSalty:
Introduce a new leveling system for dungeons so instead of/aswell as harder dungeons requiring higher ranks to access, this can allow for new dungeons items to be locked behind certain level milestones. This switches the main focus of the game from ranking up (which doesn't take long requiring only $10.495 million) to make dungeons more viable for investing time into.

List of All custom Items & Effects From Chenchoon:
There have been a couple of Maestrea clones that may prevent this from being feasible but a list of items & their effects would greatly help all players, lower the amount of simple questions staff receive, and make the server more newcomer-friendly.

Weekly/Monthly Updates & Chats With Players on Discord From DaRealSalty:
Keep up with the community and keep the community up to date with timed meetings on discord where a couple members of staff update everyone on WIP projects or upcoming events. This will help keep the community engaged and informed on the server and what our hard-working staff do. This could open information leaks about surprises or valuable information that may come out quick, I would suggest a basic script to follow and then answer a couple of questions.

New Paintings Shop
A few players, first example coming to mind is Zevira, enjoy making map arts either to give away or to sell. These can often look very pretty and become a bit of a collector's item, it would be a good idea to add a place where players can submit their own map art creations and possibly have it put into a museum with a sign shop to buy one. This will be a new incentive for all players to earn money as map arts can not only make your base look fabulous but also increase the market value of your base.

New Shady Items:
Shady is the main/only reason a lot of end game players play, he has a lot of items (most of which based around crates or acquisition of rare items) however his item list hasn't been updated since the new Shady titles for title collectors. Introducing new & expensive items will increase the longevity of the end game.

A Previous Suggestion & Letter From Chaos_Naochii:
"Maestrea is an amazing server and has one of the most amazing and helpful communities, as well as a wonderful development team. Unfortunately, the playerbase has dropped over the times and even as much as I wish to return to playing on this server, I simply can’t. Maestrea is an economy driven server, which all the other systems such as towny, dungeons, relics and crates rely on. However, there is an inherent flaw with the current jobs system. One of the most difficult things in game development is ensuring there are no cheeses within the game. It is a well-established fact that players will choose the path of least resistance when playing a game, even if that path is not fun or even boring. With the current job’s mechanics, the easiest way to make money is to spend 15 mins grinding at a mob grinder, a task that is clearly no fun and requires no challenge whatsoever, simply pressing the mouse button over and over. This is the issue with Hellworker, Rancher and Hunter job, and is similar to most other jobs. Thus, when new players join and are recommended to grind out Hellworker to make money, while levelling the task might seem interesting, however upon reaching level 100 it becomes a chore. It is simply frustrating having to dedicated 10-15 minutes every hour mindlessly clicking my mouse button in order to keep up with the economy. There is also a Fear OF Missing Out moment with this, as players feel like they have to hit the grind once an hour, or they miss out on potential money and time limit. Ideally, in most money-making games, as the players levels up and begins to make more and more money their tasks change. Additionally, there is also an automatic system in place that makes money on their behalf, and although there are workers in place on Maestrea, they seem rather slow and ineffective – forcing the player into grinding. I suggest that the job economy in Maestrea be revamped. It of course would be an enormous undertaking and could throw the balance of economy in the server out of place, however for the longevity of the server, I feel it is for the best. One positive I have with the jobs is the brewer job, which allows for large scale operation and automation, allowing players to actively work to monitor their brewing and having a large supply of brews to turn in. "

Last edited:

DaRealSalty

May 6, 2019
I'll be vague here as I feel it would be more beneficial to discuss details on more exact ways things could change within a discord call where things can be discuss and debated upon more easily. However I feel one thing the server could benefit from would be more active staff. Yes I know everyone has other things to do but across the last few weeks of playing I can count on one hand the number of staff I have seen online across the entire two weeks during which I have been logged in at numerous different times throughout each day. Obviously dungeons needs a ton of work to be done as it is completely dead which is disappointing as it had brought in many new players in the past. One suggestion for this could be to add some sort of leveling system and make dungeons more reliant on itself by requiring players to achieve a certain level before they are allowed to use higher end gear. Levels could be acquired though completing dungeons and bosses with the harder dungeons and bosses rewarding players with more xp. This would also make dungeons less "pay to win" in the sense that you will no longer be able to play towny for a few weeks then just buy all the best gear to start dungeons with.

Chenchoon

Known Member
Nov 2, 2016
I Understand that the server doesn't want its custom items stolen but I think there should be a list of all custom items with their enchants and buffs. Sure it makes it easier for people to copy the custom items but it also makes it easier for new players to learn what to expect from dungeons or opening relics/bottles.

DaRealSalty

May 6, 2019
It may also be good to host a weekly / biweekly meeting in discord between active players and staff to discuss current project that are being worked on (as much as it can be discussed without giving out details that are meant to be a surprise upon release) as well as suggestions to support more communication between staff and the general population of the server.

Top Bottom