Zyphlox Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyphlox

Mar 22, 2019
IGN: Zyphlox

Reason for ban: Screenshot

Length of ban: Permanent

Appeal: I guess I should preface this with me getting muted. Twice, actually. First time was from Fractured_Dream, in which she said that I was disrespecting staff. Yes, I was mad, and I did say I wasn't disrespecting staff, but in the end I respect her decision to mute me. The second time I got muted was because I was making a joke, actually. Someone was begging for money, and I proposed the idea that instead of begging, you demand for money, then it won't be against the rules and it'll be just fine. To play along with the joke, people actually paid me after I proceeded to say "I demand money from you people". Sadly, staff did not enjoy my joke (at least to me and everyone else it was funny) and basically said "Zyphlox, that's still begging and against the rules, please stop." So I did. Everyone else continued their conversations, but I stopped. Then, I saw someone say "hey, can I pay money to anyone" or of the sort (not exactly sure but something like it), and I merely just cited some memory, saying something along the lines of "In the Constitution, the Supreme Court interpreted the 1st amendment as being allowed to pay money to anyone for any reason and if anyone prohibits you from doing so that's against the law." Right then, I got muted again, this time by Takander and for 1 hour. I believe this mute to be completely wrong and unacceptable, because I wasn't even continuing on about begging at all, nor was I begging. I was just responding to what someone said earlier, which wasn't even about begging or of the sort: it was about paying money to someone for whatever reason.

But, that is besides the point of this appeal, which leads me to why I got banned. As I was muted, Shoobalou wanted to discuss with me why staff were wrong and etc. and how similar situations have occurred to him. I was using signs to write things down. And eventually it led to me sort of saying this on the signs: "Well at this point, I'm kind of sad about Maestrea. I totally could either 1, report it for violating Minecraft EULA, or 2, don't do anything because I'm lazy and honestly, I enjoy playing on here besides all of these 'issues'." Another sign said "Yeah I've done it before, but I won't because I like playing on here."

Sure, seeing this would totally raise red flags, but even saying "this doesn't violate any rules on Maestrea" would probably not cut it, according to most staff that don't enjoy me whatsoever on Maestrea... but that's a whole other story.

The point being is this: I enjoy playing on Maestrea, and sometimes things get out of hand because staff are too quick to make judgement calls. Even when you don't break the rules, their interpretation seems to be the law of the land, but no where is it clearly stated that whatever they feel is right/wrong is the actual law. I follow what the /rules says and what Maestrea.com/rules says (well except for that time I did actually disrespect staff and I was spamming apparently - Sorry for this! Won't happen again). I know this appeal will probably not get accepted, and that's just purely because of all the troubles I've gone through with other staff for similar situations like this: where their opinion is what matters and not what the actual rules say.

So I would like to end it like this: I apologize for everything that I did that warranted this ban even in spite of what the rules say. I will make it my upmost effort to not break any rules that staff has said I was warned for. I have no intention of harming the server, as a witness, Shoobalou, can vouch for me. I recognize and regret the decisions I have made that have led to my ban. I am sorry.

Just a side note: It also came to my attention that funny thing, people who have gotten banned recently for the most ridiculous of things like my ban have all had an admin ban them rather then the person them self. The person who was directly involved with my ban was Takander, and I would like to see his perspective on this. Not aze, as he has no involvement with this other than having to actually /ban me.

Proof(If needed): If anyone needs proof, please contact me and I can send you my logs as well as some screenshots I have taken.

Last edited:

Aze

Administrator
Staff member
Content Member
Admin
Sep 27, 2016
Indiana, United States
Just a side note: It also came to my attention that funny thing, people who have gotten banned recently for the most ridiculous of things like my ban have all had an admin ban them rather then the person them self. The person who was directly involved with my ban was Takander, and I would like to see his perspective on this. Not aze, as he has no involvement with this other than having to actually /ban me.
i just made the decision to! don't think of it as a personal vendetta or something ): Usually if I end up deciding something then I try to be the one to do it >.>
The ban was for the, uh, thing you had said on the signs we discussed a bit ago ^^; It wasn't really anything to do with the things that happened earlier. Sorry about the confusion there >.<

Sure, seeing this would totally raise red flags, but even saying "this doesn't violate any rules on Maestrea" would probably not cut it
Unfortunately we can't cover absolutely everything in the rules. We could try, but I'm not going through 400 pages of rules.

Maybe on a rainy day, actually.

I know this appeal will probably not get accepted
bet

Right then, I got muted again, this time by Takander and for 1 hour. I believe this mute to be completely wrong and unacceptable, because I wasn't even continuing on about begging at all, nor was I begging. I was just responding to what someone said earlier, which wasn't even about begging or of the sort: it was about paying money to someone for whatever reason.
Sorry about that! Went over it and they thought you were responding to someone asking if they were allowed to beg, not, uh, the thing that you actually responded to. I'm going to gift them a monacle for their birthday. i'm too broke for a full pair of glasses

So I would like to end it like this: I apologize for everything that I did that warranted this ban even in spite of what the rules say. I will make it my upmost effort to not break any rules that staff has said I was warned for. I have no intention of harming the server, as a witness, Shoobalou, can vouch for me. I recognize and regret the decisions I have made that have led to my ban. I am sorry.
Thank you for apologizing. I enjoy playing on the server whenever I'm free c:
Anyway, since you've apologized and made your intentions clear
Appeal accepted, thread closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom